Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Looks like we might need to put Augie up there with Mankato and Moorhead regarding the transfer portal.
    adapt or die

Comment

Looks like we might need to put Augie up there with Mankato and Moorhead regarding the transfer portal.
      Moorhead has won a lot of games the past 5-10 years. They must be doing something right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Moorhead has won a lot of games the past 5-10 years. They must be doing something right.
        I never said they weren't.

Comment

• Crookston tends to be transfer heavy. Probably the most in and out every year. Likely people going there without stepping foot on campus, then realizing how bad it sucks. Rinse and repeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
            Crookston tends to be transfer heavy. Probably the most in and out every year. Likely people going there without stepping foot on campus, then realizing how bad it sucks. Rinse and repeat.
            That is true. Still feel like they'd be better off trying to get kids closer to home, but I am well aware that basketball isn't always great in northern Minnesota. But they do have a kid from the Class A runner-up Fertile-Beltrami this year at least, I think he should stick around all 4 years.

Comment

• This might be some of my biases showing through, but I personally differentiate D1 and even D2 transfers from kids who transfer in from a D3/JUCO/NAIA.

Using the UMC example above, UMC had 2 D1 transfers but their other 6 transfers on the 2023-24 roster fell into the other category.

Comment

This might be some of my biases showing through, but I personally differentiate D1 and even D2 transfers from kids who transfer in from a D3/JUCO/NAIA.

Using the UMC example above, UMC had 2 D1 transfers but their other 6 transfers on the 2023-24 roster fell into the other category.
                I get there’s a difference, but aren’t they also taking up a roster spot that could have gone to a HS kid? I thought that’s part of what the transfer discussion here was centered on?

Also, Crookston is filling their roster with transfers out of necessity. They just tend to have the most turnover.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                  I get there’s a difference, but aren’t they also taking up a roster spot that could have gone to a HS kid? I thought that’s part of what the transfer discussion here was centered on?
                  I think it's less about "that spot could have gone to a HS kid", but instead "that kid is being brought in because the coach thinks the HS kid on the roster isn't good enough".

But again, that might be my personal biases. I think there can be exceptions too. Some of these guys were buried on their D1 benches. I give more grace to them for transferring versus guys who were rotation players and maybe even started games for their D1 programs, such as Mike Lochner, Corey McIntosh, Travis Nelson or Jefferson Mason of years past.

Most of the Augie kids seem to be the buried type, for example. But I just haven't done enough research yet.

Comment

Comment

• And now David Harmon joins Justin Eagins in the WSC to MSU pipeline

Comment

And now David Harmon joins Justin Eagins in the WSC to MSU pipeline
                        Looks to me in the relaxed transfer setup Mankato is poised to own this conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Looks to me in the relaxed transfer setup Mankato is poised to own this conference.
                          Can we trade Minnesota State for Western Illinois?

Comment

Can we trade Minnesota State for Western Illinois?
                            The campaign to regress towards the mean continues. First we fight for Jamestown and Dakota State, now we fight to start booting successful teams. Yeah, totally fighting for strengthening the conference...

Comment

• Not directly NSIC anymore, but the former Red Beaver will make his way out to Washington.

Comment

• Dragons get commitment from Jayden Doyle a 6’5 SG transfer from Monmouth with 2 years of eligibility remaining. That makes it 4 d1 transfers and 4 incoming true freshmen added to next year’s team. Moorhead clearly prioritized length and athleticism on the wing this spring. Will be interesting to see how all new pieces fit together next season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X