Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women's Basketball 26-27

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Women's Basketball 26-27

    Who's up for some hoops talk in August? I'm eager for the upcoming season to get underway, 2 months from tomorrow and the Wisconsin Dells Tourney starts. There will be some good matchups taking place there. It seems like a lot of the top tier talent graduated/transferred so I would expect to see some of the top teams of the past few years take a step back (GVSU, Mankato State, TWU, IUP)

    I have my eyes on Bentley, Cal Poly Pomona, and Pitt State this season. Those 3 teams return a lot of experience but they will need to work on their offense (less so for Pitt State) if they want to be successful. UW-Parkside returns 4 starters and should hopefully take step up in the GLIAC. Central Missouri loses their do it all player in Reese Schaaf who will be impossible to replace, Mankato loses 7 seniors and D2 Honda Athlete of the Year, Natalie Bremer. I'm excited to see what coach Thiese does with a new squad. What team/teams do you think will compete in 26-27?

  • #2
    Players are on campus now so I will bite!

    I expect Drury to be the best in the GLVC. They return a lot. Not sure how good nationally but I do expect them to be one of the better teams in the Midwest region.

    GLIAC going to look a lot different. Grand Valley did lose a lot of players (including an assistant coach). They have 10 redshirt or true freshman. Ferris State lost a lot too. Pulled in a number of transfers from Saginaw Valley, who lost a lot of players when they retained their coach. UW-Parkside definitely could make an impact this year. They are hard to beat on their home floor too! Also Northern Michigan I think will be pretty good.

    GMAC. A LOT of coaching turnover in the GMAC. FIVE new coaches in the GMAC (ODU, Findlay, Tiffin, Malone, Lake Erie). Look for Walsh to make a statement in the GMAC. They return a number of players and got a transfer from Wisconsin. That's Big Ten Wisconsin, not the state.

    Elsewhere I know PSAC schools Gannon and IUP lost a lot. I still think they will be good, but not nationally good.

    Comment


    • #3
      Season starts a month from today!

      Comment


      • #4
        https://themiaa.com/news/2026/10/6/j...son-polls.aspx

        The Jennies are preseason favorites in the MIAA, followed by Fort Hays State.

        Comment


        • #5
          Likely to be a rebuilding year for Mn. State in the NSIC, with the loss to graduation of Bremer and other seniors. Not sure what teams will be contending this season.

          Comment

          Ad3

          Collapse
          Working...
          X