Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
    Rumor but a pretty good source " Most of last years team will be gone" Happy looking to bring in 8 new players.

The rumored big guy has a great body but can not shoot, can not jump, can not play defense, sets poor picks. I do not believe he has had one good coach from watching him. I have never seen a juco team where he would start. I would say big Mike is about 175% better. Let's hope the rumor is wrong or he is a RS walk on.
    I saw where Eli wright wants to transfer, instead of going after the kid from evansville that played at Ohio State, I would at least try to get him, unless he still wants D1.

Comment

Wright would be good for Wesleyan and Wesleyan would be good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
        Rumor but a pretty good source " Most of last years team will be gone" Happy looking to bring in 8 new players.

The rumored big guy has a great body but can not shoot, can not jump, can not play defense, sets poor picks. I do not believe he has had one good coach from watching him. I have never seen a juco team where he would start. I would say big Mike is about 175% better. Let's hope the rumor is wrong or he is a RS walk on.
        Malek Harris better not be one of the eight. I will believe that when I see it. Sam Williams was one of the most mature and qualitative players on the team while on the court. Still, I would say he is gone if 8 are leaving. Harris could average 30 points a game this season as a Junior.

Jonathan Barnes was rated as a top 10 recruit from Colorado after his senior year at Ponderosa high school where he averaged a low double double per game to go along with three blocks.

At Wyoming he never got a chance to really show that he had ability. You can't teach 6'10" and 245 in D2. I agree that Michael Vigilance is a better player, but Osborne never retains any players that show him disrespect.

Starting over with 8 new players would be hard to do. Maybe he feels like that is what needs to be done. Or, there could be a higher authority than Happy pulling the strings this year.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
          Malek Harris better not be one of the eight. I will believe that when I see it. Sam Williams was one of the most mature and qualitative players on the team while on the court. Still, I would say he is gone if 8 are leaving. Harris could average 30 points a game this season as a Junior.

Jonathan Barnes was rated as a top 10 recruit from Colorado after his senior year at Ponderosa high school where he averaged a low double double per game to go along with three blocks.

At Wyoming he never got a chance to really show that he had ability. You can't teach 6'10" and 245 in D2. I agree that Michael Vigilance is a better player, but Osborne never retains any players that show him disrespect.

Starting over with 8 new players would be hard to do. Maybe he feels like that is what needs to be done. Or, there could be a higher authority than Happy pulling the strings this year.
          Wyoming, is not exactly a Basketball school, and he never saw action in 3 years is not a good sign. The day of let's recruit him because at least he is a space eater is kinda obsolete, NBA NCAA have gone more for smaller athletic players/teams. Also if a kid only has one year of eligibility, which I dislike anyway, you should go for a can't miss, immediate impact player. This kid has bench written all over him. I don't suspect they will be as good as this year, that's with Harris. Harris is a must for next year, or its a disappointing season. If the 8 player purge is true, Happy needs to look in the mirror

Comment

We were already losing Bosley, Jacks, Foster, Derksen, and Stanford. Lukens and Vigilence have been reported as transferring. That only leaves 1 unknown, which may be Elkins, which is actually not unknown. So 8 players is not new info, unless some of those guys aren't included in your number.

Comment

I count nine scholarship players on the VC Roster. They have also offered a scholarship to another guard.

So, unless there is a purge that I don't know about, the roster only has room for one scholly. Remember Dakota Quinn is a a post player. It makes sense to bring in a true Center for defensive purposes this season. Then, Elkins could play next season. We'll find out soon enough.

Comment

VC also doesn't reflect split/partial scholarships which are very common in D2. So you could have 12 guys on scholarship, just not all of them having a full ride (for example)

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                  I count nine scholarship players on the VC Roster. They have also offered a scholarship to another guard.

So, unless there is a purge that I don't know about, the roster only has room for one scholly. Remember Dakota Quinn is a a post player. It makes sense to bring in a true Center for defensive purposes this season. Then, Elkins could play next season. We'll find out soon enough.
                  So if Elkins has to lay out one more year, I wonder if he will play without playing competitive for 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
                    So if Elkins has to lay out one more year, I wonder if he will play without playing competitive for 2 years
                    Probably. He will have at least three years. The Program needs to honor their commitment.

I'm sure he is still conditioning, doing individual drills and learning. He is too good of a defensive player to discontinue his career. At least I hope he will continue.

I don't know how all that went down, which is concerning. Another year will only make him stronger.
                    Last edited by alumnifan; 05-27-2017, 11:37 AM.

Comment

I have to believe Bosley has an agent. Is he NBA D League material? He is definitely a big pro prospect in one of the top International Leagues. He can handle the ball well enough to play the point on just about any pro team outside the NBA.

Comment

There is no way KWC is going to dismiss anymore players. IMO, the roster is set. There could be some debate about whether the 6'10" player from Colorado will be coming in.

Wesleyan currently has 9 scholarship players and five walk ons if Elkins is held out. I am not convinced he is not going to play this season. KWC has three 6'8" players coming in. Also, KWC usually extends full scholarships. This year's team also has five walk ons on the roster.

The roster could be set, or they maybe adding one more post player. I'm still confident about the current roster now. There are not two better post players in the region than Malek Harris and Sam Williams. They still might split a scholly with a shot blocker and let Elkins start playing.

Happy has brought in some good guards. Even the walk ons can play in the G-MAC. All we are waiting on is the signing of another defensive big. Colton could be cleared to play. If so, the VC Roster has the full KWC team for the upcoming season.

Comment

I'm not trying to argue any of your points, but I do want to point out that Sam Williams is not a post player. He's 6'8" but he's a wing. He's not getting inside banging in the post. He's basically a taller Jordan Jacks type player, with the addition of a 3 point shot (but not nearly the rebounder Jordan is)

Comment

Is kdub going to play usi this fall? Will Happy call out WoD publicly if he refuses?

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                              I'm not trying to argue any of your points, but I do want to point out that Sam Williams is not a post player. He's 6'8" but he's a wing. He's not getting inside banging in the post. He's basically a taller Jordan Jacks type player, with the addition of a 3 point shot (but not nearly the rebounder Jordan is)
                              6-8 is being very generous, and he is hardly a inside guy

Comment

Sam Williams is 6'8" and weighed 213 pounds last season. He can run the court with the ball. He hauled in 97 rebounds, dished 36 assists, with 25 steals and 15 blocks, averaging 17.2 mpg.

He shot .808 percent from the FT line and knocked down 28 three point shots at a .465 percent clip.

He is a forward who can play inside and out. He could easily play 28 minutes per game. What would his stats look like then?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X