Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
    Sam Williams is 6'8" and weighed 213 pounds last season. He can run the court with the ball. He hauled in 97 rebounds, dished 36 assists, with 25 steals and 15 blocks, averaging 17.2 mpg.

He shot .808 percent from the FT line and knocked down 28 three point shots at a .465 percent clip.

He is a forward who can play inside and out. He could easily play 28 minutes per game. What would his stats look like then?
    We will see, I went to 8 games last year, and watched the rest online, and I don't remember him playing with his back to basket at all. I hope your right, but first we need to make sure he is back next year

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
      We will see, I went to 8 g upames last year, and watched the rest online, and I don't remember him playing with his back to basket at all. I hope your right, but first we need to make sure he is back next year
      I do too. He's a heck of a player. Backing up a player at the rim is what Vigilance did. There are different types of ways a player can play in the post on offense and defense.

Comment

The KWC Athletic Department released a photo on Facebook that was pretty cool. I had never seen it before. It was a photo of Dick Vitale and Tim Brando calling the 1987 NCAA D2 National Championship game in Springfield, Mass. The attendance was close to 7,000.

I was living in the sticks at the time and had to wait until the next day for the Louisville Courier Journal to come out in order to find out the results. A photo of the team and coaching staff was on the front page​. I cut the photo and article out and taped it to the wall in the house I was living in for a year. Today, I could get the game on DIRECTV. Back then a satellite was the size of a house. Now, I can stream every game with live stats on my phone. I could only get two tv stations, and that game was on ESPN - I think.
        Last edited by alumnifan; 06-01-2017, 12:37 PM.

Comment

KWC announced their Women's basketball team recruits today.

1. Lily Grimes played 7 years on the Breckenridge County varsity team. 3 District titles, 2017 3rd Region POY, All State as a a Sr. where she scored 749 points, had 136 rebounds, and 228 assists in 34 games.

2. Kaylee Clifford is a 6'0" guard from Trimble County. She was a 4 year starter with 83 wins. Scored 1,620 points in her High School career.

3. Kristie Henn from Bullet East, 3 year starter with 92 wins. All Region her Sr. Year where she averaged 8.9 ppg, 4.5 rpg and she is 5'9".

www.kwcpanthers.com

Comment

Sounds like gsw talent. Can't wait to get court side seats if they're available.

Comment

6-2 Juco PG Justen Lukens will be transferring, per VC Recruits.

By my count that still leaves nine scholarship players. If Elkins is on board, the roster is set with ten scholarships. I'm not sure if Lukens was even a scholarship player.

Comment

This is old news, sort of, Meredith Daunhauer was the first KWC softball player to be named All American in Program History. She's not done either.

Comment

Good players are also being added.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                    Good players are also being added.
                    So anything on recruiting front? Anything else on who is leaving? Did they sign the big kid from Wyoming?

Comment

I have heard nothing.... looking at transfers left not much quality in my mind. On the other hand may mean many of last years team is staying. Last years players have skill and if matured and Happy knows how to use them they would add much. Quinn is a bit of a unknown but those who have seen him have good things to say. Kid from Toledo has skills but he did not seems to fit in. I think we need a really good three that can shoot and rebound.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X