Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alumnifan
    replied
    Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

And, Wesleyan was the first to win a national championship in the glvc and the men's basketball team will be the first in the G-MAC to win a national title. The question is when, not if.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

And, tell me if I am wrong.

Kentucky Wesleyan is the only basketball program to ever win four National titles in basketball, playing as an independent, in all divisions of the NCAA. If there is another, I want to know.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

Wesleyan Charter membership during 110 years of recorded play:

Kentucky intercollegiate athletic conference.

NCAA Small college division.

NCAA division 2.

Great lakes Valley conference.

G-MAC
    -------------------------------------------------
    If anyone wants to discuss collegiate athletics in Kentucky on either the NAIA or the NCAA level, Wesleyan has always been in the mix.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

Kentucky Wesleyan college has been, and will continue even more so now, tirelessly working towards and readying the college and athletic department for the 2017-18 academic year and beyond.

The cloud has been lifted and the stone has been rolled away. The recruiting for all sports has begun for next year and beyond. The basketball teams this season are doing great, and I think both teams will bring it home. The men's team could win the region. That's about as good as it gets for me, especially after watching each and every year since the NCAA sanctions almost 15 years ago. That is a long time. It is time now for a new day at Wesleyan!

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

And, coach Tony Rowe will show you what he can do on the national level when the city rolls out our new Track and Field complex.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

And, we don't need to hear crap about how Bellarmine does not have a football program and how Kentucky state was down this year.

Kentucky Wesleyan has never backed down from superior competition in any sport.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

The G-MAC was created, and always will be, for small private - faith based colleges and universities. That is what makes the conference unique. The NCAA will give the conference automatic bids, and eventually the conference will catch up with the rest of the superior conferences. Usi does not have a football program, Wesleyan does and it's the best d2 football program in Kentucky.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

The G-MAC is down this year. New players and injuries have hurt teams. Even so the future looks very bright with many interesting games. G-MAC is adding great schools and good teams. There is not one other conference that can say that. I care mostly about basketball which will be lead by Wesleyan but each school has strong teams that compete very well with most having a really strong program in one or more sports.

Joining the G-MAC has made me gladly reach for my check book.

Leave a comment:

• kwcpantherfan
    replied

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
    The truth is the GMAC will be better than the crap show it is now. But it will still be a subpar conference, one that should not get an auto bid.
    Well it does, and it will, so keep on crying you ninny.

Leave a comment:

• bkingbroker
    replied

The truth is the GMAC will be better than the crap show it is now. But it will still be a subpar conference, one that should not get an auto bid.

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
    The truth is the G-MAC is going to emerge as a threat to the glvc. The gliac already understands the situation.

The G-MAC will have a good d2 football league next fall. We know the conference has other programs who want to join, and the G-MAC will not forget their charter members.

Wesleyan is in a very good position now. They have been cleared and commended by the southern association of colleges and schools. The college is on solid financial ground, and I think a new era of greater educational possibilities are on the way.

The G-MAC is now a great recruiting tool, especially with the full expansion coming next season. For Wesleyan it should mean a larger freshman class and an improved athletic department.

The next three road games are crucial. The team should be well rested. I would like to see the men's basketball team be at Michigan tech on the 29th, and get a full walk through and shoot around in before the game. That would also ensure fresh legs. It is going to be a tough game.

The next two games at ovu and cedarville are crucial because they are two conference road games. Winning both of these opening conference games on the road could mean the difference in who wins the conference regular season championship.

Leave a comment:

• bkingbroker
    replied

Challenge vs threat is all semantics. Cedarville is terrible and if they are a threat or a challenge then your team is awful.

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
    No, I didn't, and no, it isn't.

...Cedarville could challenge us...

What I said was that Cedarville and maybe Davis & Elkins if they play their best possible game are the only teams that I could see challenging us at all in our conference games, so we've got a pretty good shot at winning out. I didn't say they were a "threat". Meanwhile, bking's comment was that KWC is pathetic. The "gist" of his comment was that we are pathetic because I stated that Cedarville is our top competition in the conference this season. Oh, and that Happy is a joke. And that our program is terrible. And that ... well you get the point. Surely you can understand how those statements are completely different.

Your fans talk about being "objective". Well, would we be being objective if we overlook our opponents? If we say "oh it's only Cedarville, no need to worry about this game". I don't think that's objective at all, nor is it smart. But no...no, we're pathetic because I made a post about our remaining schedule and who I felt could challenge us in those games. That's my mistake, though, I was dumb enough to actually make a post about basketball on a this basketball message board. How pathetic.

Leave a comment:

• schnautza
    replied

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post

What I said was that Cedarville and maybe Davis & Elkins if they play their best possible game are the only teams that I could see challenging us at all in our conference games, so we've got a pretty good shot at winning out. I didn't say they were a "threat". Meanwhile, bking's comment was that KWC is pathetic. The "gist" of his comment was that we are pathetic because I stated that Cedarville is our top competition in the conference this season. Oh, and that Happy is a joke. And that our program is terrible. And that ... well you get the point. Surely you can understand how those statements are completely different.

Your fans talk about being "objective". Well, would we be being objective if we overlook our opponents? If we say "oh it's only Cedarville, no need to worry about this game". I don't think that's objective at all, nor is it smart. But no...no, we're pathetic because I made a post about our remaining schedule and who I felt could challenge us in those games. That's my mistake, though, I was dumb enough to actually make a post about basketball on a this basketball message board. How pathetic.
    Never mind. I've already acknowledged that you didn't use his verbiage, but I can see how it could have been construed either way and I was simply responding to bkings comment. Didn't mean to get anybody's panties twisted.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

The truth is the G-MAC is going to emerge as a threat to the glvc. The gliac already understands the situation.

The G-MAC will have a good d2 football league next fall. We know the conference has other programs who want to join, and the G-MAC will not forget their charter members.

Wesleyan is in a very good position now. They have been cleared and commended by the southern association of colleges and schools. The college is on solid financial ground, and I think a new era of greater educational possibilities are on the way.

The G-MAC is now a great recruiting tool, especially with the full expansion coming next season. For Wesleyan it should mean a larger freshman class and an improved athletic department.

The next three road games are crucial. The team should be well rested. I would like to see the men's basketball team be at Michigan tech on the 29th, and get a full walk through and shoot around in before the game. That would also ensure fresh legs. It is going to be a tough game.

The next two games at ovu and cedarville are crucial because they are two conference road games. Winning both of these opening conference games on the road could mean the difference in who wins the conference regular season championship.

Leave a comment:

• kwcpantherfan
    replied

f it

Leave a comment:

• kwcpantherfan
    replied

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
    My post was a response to the immediate dialogue before it, which (I believe) was in a response to kwcpantherfan's posts #363 on this thread. I can't say for certain. He didn't use that exact verbage that bkingbroker used, but the gist of the comment is the same.

Meanwhile, USI has beaten KWC on a neutral court. Draw your own conclusions.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X