Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

The truth is the GMAC will be better than the crap show it is now. But it will still be a subpar conference, one that should not get an auto bid.

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
    The truth is the G-MAC is going to emerge as a threat to the glvc. The gliac already understands the situation.

The G-MAC will have a good d2 football league next fall. We know the conference has other programs who want to join, and the G-MAC will not forget their charter members.

Wesleyan is in a very good position now. They have been cleared and commended by the southern association of colleges and schools. The college is on solid financial ground, and I think a new era of greater educational possibilities are on the way.

The G-MAC is now a great recruiting tool, especially with the full expansion coming next season. For Wesleyan it should mean a larger freshman class and an improved athletic department.

The next three road games are crucial. The team should be well rested. I would like to see the men's basketball team be at Michigan tech on the 29th, and get a full walk through and shoot around in before the game. That would also ensure fresh legs. It is going to be a tough game.

The next two games at ovu and cedarville are crucial because they are two conference road games. Winning both of these opening conference games on the road could mean the difference in who wins the conference regular season championship.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
      The truth is the GMAC will be better than the crap show it is now. But it will still be a subpar conference, one that should not get an auto bid.
      Well it does, and it will, so keep on crying you ninny.

Comment

The G-MAC is down this year. New players and injuries have hurt teams. Even so the future looks very bright with many interesting games. G-MAC is adding great schools and good teams. There is not one other conference that can say that. I care mostly about basketball which will be lead by Wesleyan but each school has strong teams that compete very well with most having a really strong program in one or more sports.

Joining the G-MAC has made me gladly reach for my check book.

Comment

The G-MAC was created, and always will be, for small private - faith based colleges and universities. That is what makes the conference unique. The NCAA will give the conference automatic bids, and eventually the conference will catch up with the rest of the superior conferences. Usi does not have a football program, Wesleyan does and it's the best d2 football program in Kentucky.

Comment

And, we don't need to hear crap about how Bellarmine does not have a football program and how Kentucky state was down this year.

Kentucky Wesleyan has never backed down from superior competition in any sport.

Comment

And, coach Tony Rowe will show you what he can do on the national level when the city rolls out our new Track and Field complex.

Comment

Kentucky Wesleyan college has been, and will continue even more so now, tirelessly working towards and readying the college and athletic department for the 2017-18 academic year and beyond.

The cloud has been lifted and the stone has been rolled away. The recruiting for all sports has begun for next year and beyond. The basketball teams this season are doing great, and I think both teams will bring it home. The men's team could win the region. That's about as good as it gets for me, especially after watching each and every year since the NCAA sanctions almost 15 years ago. That is a long time. It is time now for a new day at Wesleyan!

Comment

Wesleyan Charter membership during 110 years of recorded play:

Kentucky intercollegiate athletic conference.

NCAA Small college division.

NCAA division 2.

Great lakes Valley conference.

G-MAC
                  -------------------------------------------------
                  If anyone wants to discuss collegiate athletics in Kentucky on either the NAIA or the NCAA level, Wesleyan has always been in the mix.

Comment

And, tell me if I am wrong.

Kentucky Wesleyan is the only basketball program to ever win four National titles in basketball, playing as an independent, in all divisions of the NCAA. If there is another, I want to know.

Comment

And, Wesleyan was the first to win a national championship in the glvc and the men's basketball team will be the first in the G-MAC to win a national title. The question is when, not if.

Comment

Watson wants Wesleyan in the first round at the PAC. I hope he gets us, so we can return the favor next season.

Comment

KWC 8th nope USI hosting nope

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                            Watson wants Wesleyan in the first round at the PAC. I hope he gets us, so we can return the favor next season.
                            Hahahaha that's funny. Sorry that comment made me think of a funny joke. Wanna hear it?? ..........Happy! Isn't that a funny joke. So 1/2 through this season your starting the wait till next year crap!

Comment

Watson can't win games in the post season. They could be hosting and play against Ohio Valley and still find a way to lose.

Comment

Afan please disregard the stupidity on this site. We know each year happy has to turn down several good basketball players that wish to play for him. We know his players leave here with degrees and become successful. Many mothers call Happy stating how much their son loves growing and learning the Wesleyan Way under Happy. Not all of the players coming in have great history but we see them mature and understand how it can be with great leadership. We see how much his teams improve and play team ball and win win win.

Let USI fans enjoy their team as the DUIs pile up, and cats are killed etc. etc. etc.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X