Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

I all seriousness, I thought that Alderson Broaddus had showed some potential the past couple seasons (24-5, 22-7, 18-10)...but this year it appears that the GMAC has tapered off to only KWC with 6 bottom dwellers... KWC is the only team with better than a 34% record in the GMAC right now (in D2 games), with a 9-2 (81%) record. Your next best this year is Cedarville with a 3-6 (33%) record. It's difficult for me to process them as being a true threat. I don't mean that as an insult to anybody, but that's just how I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
      I all seriousness, I thought that Alderson Broaddus had showed some potential the past couple seasons (24-5, 22-7, 18-10)...but this year it appears that the GMAC has tapered off to only KWC with 6 bottom dwellers... KWC is the only team with better than a 34% record in the GMAC right now (in D2 games), with a 9-2 (81%) record. Your next best this year is Cedarville with a 3-6 (33%) record. It's difficult for me to process them as being a true threat. I don't mean that as an insult to anybody, but that's just how I see it.
      Funny how you bring up the GMAC teams at the bottom, but you avoid talking about the bottom feeders in the GLVC, and there are plenty. How about Bill Jewell, Indianapolis, UI-Springfield, and Maryville? Look at those pathetic records. But since you are a USI pep band leader I guess you are not allowed to bring up those facts.

Comment

Cedarville is on par with McKendree and that is the threat in the GMAC. The league is a joke!

Comment

Originally posted by GMAC-Battler View Post
          Funny how you bring up the GMAC teams at the bottom, but you avoid talking about the bottom feeders in the GLVC, and there are plenty. How about Bill Jewell, Indianapolis, UI-Springfield, and Maryville? Look at those pathetic records. But since you are a USI pep band leader I guess you are not allowed to bring up those facts.
          First off, I'm in no way the leader. Second, this is a KWC thread, so GMAC is the appropriate conversation. Third, my point was that there is one team in the entire league with a record better than 34%. In the GLVC, there are only 5 of the 16 teams below that threshold. That leaves 11 teams that are better. Also, 10 teams at 50% or better, and 5 teams at 75% or better.

So basically, to put it into comparison, if I called McKendree or William Jewell a real threat, that would be comparable to calling Cedarville a threat. It's a laughable statement.

I'm not really sure what your argument is, but it's not winning anything.

Comment

First off, I'm in no way the leader. Second, this is a KWC thread, so GMAC is the appropriate conversation. Third, my point was that there is one team in the entire league with a record better than 34%. In the GLVC, there are only 5 of the 16 teams below that threshold. That leaves 11 teams that are better. Also, 10 teams at 50% or better, and 5 teams at 75% or better.

So basically, to put it into comparison, if I called McKendree or William Jewell a real threat, that would be comparable to calling Cedarville a threat. It's a laughable statement.

I'm not really sure what your argument is, but it's not winning anything.
            Meanwhile USI gets to play a lot of laughable teams in non conference and then gets to face all those bad teams mentioned before. Who called Cedarville a threat to KWC? I did not. KWC will likely go unbeaten in the GMAC and get the auto bid. If not, they will get a at-large berth and take away one from the GLVC or GLIAC. Simple, really.

Comment

Hopefully KWC and USI meet in the first game of the regional now that KWC is at full strength. Then we can see who is right about all this.

Comment

Meanwhile USI gets to play a lot of laughable teams in non conference and then gets to face all those bad teams mentioned before. Who called Cedarville a threat to KWC? I did not. KWC will likely go unbeaten in the GMAC and get the auto bid. If not, they will get a at-large berth and take away one from the GLVC or GLIAC. Simple, really.
                My post was a response to the immediate dialogue before it, which (I believe) was in a response to kwcpantherfan's posts #363 on this thread. I can't say for certain. He didn't use that exact verbage that bkingbroker used, but the gist of the comment is the same.

Meanwhile, USI has beaten KWC on a neutral court. Draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Hopefully KWC and USI meet in the first game of the regional now that KWC is at full strength. Then we can see who is right about all this.
                  I would love to see this happen. Ultimate scenario is USI gets the #1 seed and hosts #8 seed KWC. Although I'm pretty certain that they will land higher than that in the seeding.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
                    Cedarville is on par with McKendree and that is the threat in the GMAC. The league is a joke!
                    I'm not sure about McKendree (haven't played), but CU just played Lewis this past week and lost 65-63 - with CU missing a 3 with time expiring. That would seem like a pretty fair comparison if you were to make one.

Comment

USI would also be at full strength and the result would be the same. Another loss for KWC. You can't play street ball and beat competitive teams.

Comment

My post was a response to the immediate dialogue before it, which (I believe) was in a response to kwcpantherfan's posts #363 on this thread. I can't say for certain. He didn't use that exact verbage that bkingbroker used, but the gist of the comment is the same.

Meanwhile, USI has beaten KWC on a neutral court. Draw your own conclusions.
                        No, I didn't, and no, it isn't.

...Cedarville could challenge us...

What I said was that Cedarville and maybe Davis & Elkins if they play their best possible game are the only teams that I could see challenging us at all in our conference games, so we've got a pretty good shot at winning out. I didn't say they were a "threat". Meanwhile, bking's comment was that KWC is pathetic. The "gist" of his comment was that we are pathetic because I stated that Cedarville is our top competition in the conference this season. Oh, and that Happy is a joke. And that our program is terrible. And that ... well you get the point. Surely you can understand how those statements are completely different.

Your fans talk about being "objective". Well, would we be being objective if we overlook our opponents? If we say "oh it's only Cedarville, no need to worry about this game". I don't think that's objective at all, nor is it smart. But no...no, we're pathetic because I made a post about our remaining schedule and who I felt could challenge us in those games. That's my mistake, though, I was dumb enough to actually make a post about basketball on a this basketball message board. How pathetic.

Comment

f it

Comment

The truth is the G-MAC is going to emerge as a threat to the glvc. The gliac already understands the situation.

The G-MAC will have a good d2 football league next fall. We know the conference has other programs who want to join, and the G-MAC will not forget their charter members.

Wesleyan is in a very good position now. They have been cleared and commended by the southern association of colleges and schools. The college is on solid financial ground, and I think a new era of greater educational possibilities are on the way.

The G-MAC is now a great recruiting tool, especially with the full expansion coming next season. For Wesleyan it should mean a larger freshman class and an improved athletic department.

The next three road games are crucial. The team should be well rested. I would like to see the men's basketball team be at Michigan tech on the 29th, and get a full walk through and shoot around in before the game. That would also ensure fresh legs. It is going to be a tough game.

The next two games at ovu and cedarville are crucial because they are two conference road games. Winning both of these opening conference games on the road could mean the difference in who wins the conference regular season championship.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post

What I said was that Cedarville and maybe Davis & Elkins if they play their best possible game are the only teams that I could see challenging us at all in our conference games, so we've got a pretty good shot at winning out. I didn't say they were a "threat". Meanwhile, bking's comment was that KWC is pathetic. The "gist" of his comment was that we are pathetic because I stated that Cedarville is our top competition in the conference this season. Oh, and that Happy is a joke. And that our program is terrible. And that ... well you get the point. Surely you can understand how those statements are completely different.

Your fans talk about being "objective". Well, would we be being objective if we overlook our opponents? If we say "oh it's only Cedarville, no need to worry about this game". I don't think that's objective at all, nor is it smart. But no...no, we're pathetic because I made a post about our remaining schedule and who I felt could challenge us in those games. That's my mistake, though, I was dumb enough to actually make a post about basketball on a this basketball message board. How pathetic.
                              Never mind. I've already acknowledged that you didn't use his verbiage, but I can see how it could have been construed either way and I was simply responding to bkings comment. Didn't mean to get anybody's panties twisted.

Comment

Challenge vs threat is all semantics. Cedarville is terrible and if they are a threat or a challenge then your team is awful.

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X