Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USI starting lineup in 2016-17

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
    Not sure why your dumpster fire of a thread suddenly needed to turn to KWC bashing but so be it. We had 7 seniors last year and all 7 walked the line and received their degrees. Can USI say the same under Mr. "Not Really Winning That Much But Doing Things With Integrity" Watson?
    I can't wait until Nov. 19 when Coach Watson gets to show his skills on the sidelines against Ky. Wesleyan! It should be a great game, the fans for both schools should be ready for this rivalry to resume!

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesPride View Post
      Calm down, no one is bashing KWC. We were just having some fun at many of the "student-athletes" who have played in the GLVC even though many of us knew they were there for basketball only. And that's OK. I hate the hypocrisy of the NCAA and its dumb rules. USI and KWC have both been unfairly held under the microscope when they were national contenders while wannabes like Bellarmine, Northern Ky., IPFW, received little scrutiny. People at USI have told me for years Northern Ky. constantly recruited guys who should have never been in college much less play college basketball, but they were never called out for it. And it was NKU that turned in KWC to the GLVC and NCAA if you remember, not USI. Bellarmine with Davenport has brought in gems like Brandon Clifford, Dzaflo Larkai, Jeremy Kendle, guys who all had tons of baggage. IPFW did the same thing while in the GLVC, remember the Gibson brothers? So calm down, I respect the success of Ky. Wesleyan and all they have done in college basketball. I could care less if the players end up getting a degree in basket weaving or barber school techniques. I'm like you, I want to see great basketball without coaches cheating and getting caught like Herdes did.
      Fair enough, however I have to correct you on one point. You threw the name Dana Williams out there in your "fun" and I can tell you that while Dana was at KWC he was a dedicated student. I sat in a classroom more than once while he was there with his little 2 year old daughter running around in the room because he didn't have a babysitter that day and instead of miss class he brought her along. I honestly don't know whether he finished his degree or not, but while he was enrolled he was a true student athlete.

I was a student at KWC during Harper's "glory days", if you will, from 1997-2001. I can tell you first hand there were a few dedicated students amongst his players, and then there were some that I don't think I ever saw on campus once. Then there were ones when you did see them on campus you turned and walked another way because they were epic pricks...but I suspect that's true of all programs.

Comment

Calm down, no one is bashing KWC. We were just having some fun at many of the "student-athletes" who have played in the GLVC even though many of us knew they were there for basketball only. And that's OK. I hate the hypocrisy of the NCAA and its dumb rules. USI and KWC have both been unfairly held under the microscope when they were national contenders while wannabes like Bellarmine, Northern Ky., IPFW, received little scrutiny. People at USI have told me for years Northern Ky. constantly recruited guys who should have never been in college much less play college basketball, but they were never called out for it. And it was NKU that turned in KWC to the GLVC and NCAA if you remember, not USI. Bellarmine with Davenport has brought in gems like Brandon Clifford, Dzaflo Larkai, Jeremy Kendle, guys who all had tons of baggage. IPFW did the same thing while in the GLVC, remember the Gibson brothers? So calm down, I respect the success of Ky. Wesleyan and all they have done in college basketball. I could care less if the players end up getting a degree in basket weaving or barber school techniques. I'm like you, I want to see great basketball without coaches cheating and getting caught like Herdes did.
        Remember when Northern Ky. won the GLVC Tournament in the PAC in 2009? We had lost to Bellarmine in the infamous "Fight Game" and Northern Ky. had an easy draw even though USI was the top seed. I remember one USI coach telling several of us that Malone and Duncan from NKU were both playing but they should have not been eligible because of transfer problems. And of course they win the GLVC on our floor. Bellarmine won GLVC championships and a national title with Kendle and we all know why he suddenly left with a year of eligibility on the table. Davenport played Kendle despite knowing his issues. IPFW had so many questionable guys in the late 1980s and 1990s before they went Division I, that's why they were able to compete with USI and KWC. So don't take the good-natured ribbing personal, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
          Fair enough, however I have to correct you on one point. You threw the name Dana Williams out there in your "fun" and I can tell you that while Dana was at KWC he was a dedicated student. I sat in a classroom more than once while he was there with his little 2 year old daughter running around in the room because he didn't have a babysitter that day and instead of miss class he brought her along. I honestly don't know whether he finished his degree or not, but while he was enrolled he was a true student athlete.
          I believe you. I loved watching the Williams/Garcia inside game, even though they beat USI! Those KWC/USI battles are something I will never forget, hopefully they will both get back to that level again soon.

Comment

This is garbage. The NCAA looked at Clifford and determined that he was eligible to play, there was nothing wrong, dishonest, unethical or anything else about Clifford playing for Bellarmine. Dzaflo was completely cleared of false allegations made against him at his previous school. He is and was a first class person and student. He ended up with a Masters Degree from Bellarmine. I don't even know what you are talking about with Jeremy Kendle, I didn't know that "baggage" included being injured at your previous school and being unable to play and maturing while you sat out. Some USI fans have always been bitter about Davenport picking up Kendle when USI had a chance to get him on their team. I love the debate tactic of claiming that you don't care about somebody's "baggage" but you bring it up anyway. It's like saying "I do not even care that Eagles Pride is a member of the communist party and hates America, but I just wanted to mention it."
            Last edited by Knightmoves; 10-04-2016, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
              This is garbage. The NCAA looked at Clifford and determined that he was eligible to play, there was nothing wrong, dishonest, unethical or anything else about Clifford playing for Bellarmine. Dzaflo was completely cleared of false allegations made against him at his previous scheool. He is and was a first class person and student. He ended up with a Masters Degree from Bellarmine. I don't even know what you are talking about with Jeremy Kendle, I didn't know that "baggage" included being injured at your previous school and being unable to play and maturing while you sat out. Some USI fans have always been bitter about Davenport picking up Kendle when USI had a chance to get him on their team. I love the debate tactic of claiming that you don't care about somebody's "baggage" but you bring it up anyway. It's like saying "I do not even care that Eagles Pride is a member of the communist party and hates America, but I just wanted to mention it."
              So Clifford was clean, huh? Why did he sit out half the season while being investigated? As far as Larkai, the only reason he was cleared is because the young lady did not show up in court. If you don't know Kendle's baggage, it's hard to believe you are a Bellarmine fan. We at USI know about him and why he left Bellarmine so suddenly. But if you can;t even admit to the Clifford stuff and his mysterious half-season of play, so be it.

Comment

This is garbage. The NCAA looked at Clifford and determined that he was eligible to play, there was nothing wrong, dishonest, unethical or anything else about Clifford playing for Bellarmine. Dzaflo was completely cleared of false allegations made against him at his previous school. He is and was a first class person and student. He ended up with a Masters Degree from Bellarmine. I don't even know what you are talking about with Jeremy Kendle, I didn't know that "baggage" included being injured at your previous school and being unable to play and maturing while you sat out. Some USI fans have always been bitter about Davenport picking up Kendle when USI had a chance to get him on their team. I love the debate tactic of claiming that you don't care about somebody's "baggage" but you bring it up anyway. It's like saying "I do not even care that Eagles Pride is a member of the communist party and hates America, but I just wanted to mention it."
                Read this and weep about Larkai, from USA Today.

Rape charges dropped against third La Salle basketball player
                Dzaflo Larkai, 23, was accused of raping a 19-year-old member of La Salle's women's basketball team in April 2003. She waited for about 14 months before reporting the alleged attack to police, and later told authorities that La Salle coaches discouraged her from doing so.
                The charges were withdrawn because the alleged victim decided not to testify, Assistant District Attorney James Carpenter said. He declined to say why she changed her mind.
                Larkai, a forward who attended school in England before enrolling at La Salle, declined to comment as he left the courthouse after the brief hearing.
                His attorney, Norman Hobbie, said that Larkai was relieved to have the charged withdrawn and is looking forward to resuming his education and college basketball career in January. He declined to name the school.
                The woman testified during a preliminary hearing last year that she was drunk and asleep in her dormitory room when she awoke to find Larkai on top of her, having sex with her.
                She told authorities this year that she had informed women's coach John Miller and men's coach Billy Hahn about the alleged assault right after it happened, but declined to file charges at the coaches' urging.
                The case, as well as another case that involved two other La Salle players, ultimately led to the removal of both Hahn and Miller.
                In the other case, Gary Neal, 21, of Baltimore, and Michael Cleaves, 23, of Paterson, N.J., were acquitted by a jury in November of raping a University of New Haven basketball player who was visiting the school in June 2004.
                The woman in that case was subjected to intense questioning by defense attorneys, who contended that she made up the allegation out of embarrassment after other female basketball players began to gossip.

Comment

[QUOTE=EaglesPride;1948750]Bellarmine won GLVC championships and a national title with Kendle and we all know why he suddenly left with a year of eligibility on the table. Davenport played Kendle despite knowing his issues.

Now wait a minute there. I understand your general point but I think you are throwing the wrong guy under the bus. Yes, Kendle passed up another year of eligibility but that had to do with already having a degree because he had been in college for nearly five years. He made the choice to move on with his life and try professional basketball instead of hanging around for a graduate degree and play another year of college ball. I know the rest of the USI and KWC posters were wondering if he would ever leave! He got a special waiver due to injuries which prevented him from playing his years in junior college. As far as I am aware he never had any disciplinary issue or trouble with his grades before BU or during.

Comment

Rape charges dropped against third La Salle basketball player
                    Dzaflo Larkai, 23, was accused of raping a 19-year-old member of La Salle's women's basketball team in April 2003. She waited for about 14 months before reporting the alleged attack to police, and later told authorities that La Salle coaches discouraged her from doing so.
                    The charges were withdrawn because the alleged victim decided not to testify, Assistant District Attorney James Carpenter said. He declined to say why she changed her mind.
                    Larkai, a forward who attended school in England before enrolling at La Salle, declined to comment as he left the courthouse after the brief hearing.
                    His attorney, Norman Hobbie, said that Larkai was relieved to have the charged withdrawn and is looking forward to resuming his education and college basketball career in January. He declined to name the school.
                    The woman testified during a preliminary hearing last year that she was drunk and asleep in her dormitory room when she awoke to find Larkai on top of her, having sex with her.
                    She told authorities this year that she had informed women's coach John Miller and men's coach Billy Hahn about the alleged assault right after it happened, but declined to file charges at the coaches' urging.
                    The case, as well as another case that involved two other La Salle players, ultimately led to the removal of both Hahn and Miller.
                    In the other case, Gary Neal, 21, of Baltimore, and Michael Cleaves, 23, of Paterson, N.J., were acquitted by a jury in November of raping a University of New Haven basketball player who was visiting the school in June 2004.
                    The woman in that case was subjected to intense questioning by defense attorneys, who contended that she made up the allegation out of embarrassment after other female basketball players began to gossip.
                    In other words, he was cleared.

Comment

Rape charges dropped against third La Salle basketball playerPHILADELPHIA (AP) — Charges against a former La Salle University basketball player accused of rape were dismissed as his trial was to begin Monday, because the woman involved decided not to go forward with the case.
                      I think you need to read your own article there, sir. It says the woman dropped the charges. Is a man guilty just because someone make a unsubstantiated claim? I think not.

Comment

Clifford was held out of games because he practice at his other school and had to miss equal number of practice at BU. Don't know why you brought up the Gibson boys. I know them and they were never in trouble

Comment

So Clifford was clean, huh? Why did he sit out half the season while being investigated? As far as Larkai, the only reason he was cleared is because the young lady did not show up in court. If you don't know Kendle's baggage, it's hard to believe you are a Bellarmine fan. We at USI know about him and why he left Bellarmine so suddenly. But if you can;t even admit to the Clifford stuff and his mysterious half-season of play, so be it.
                          I am interested in what "We at USI know." Sounds like a bunch of jealous talk. He sure didn't stop playing due to issues with Davenport. Kendle is around the team more than any other former player, helping out when he can. I don't think someone would do that if he was run out of school by his coach or the administration.

Comment

BTW, you and the person who wrote the story you are quoting need some education on how the criminal justice system works. The story says that the woman decided not to testify. This is inaccurate as a mater of law. The prosecutor moved to dismiss the case and the judge dismissed it. A victim does not have the option to testify or not testify. If the prosecutor believed her story, he would have subpoeaned her to testify and gone through with the prosecution. She either recanted to the prosecutor or the prosecutor found her story to be incredible and did not want to put her on the stand. It is a common misperception that victims can just dismiss charges. In rape and domestic violence cases prosecutors frequently go forth with prosecution when the victim says she does not want to push the case.

Comment

BTW, you and the person who wrote the story you are quoting need some education on how the criminal justice system works. The story says that the woman decided not to testify. This is inaccurate as a mater of law. The prosecutor moved to dismiss the case and the judge dismissed it. A victim does not have the option to testify or not testify. If the prosecutor believed her story, he would have subpoeaned her to testify and gone through with the prosecution. She either recanted to the prosecutor or the prosecutor found her story to be incredible and did not want to put her on the stand. It is a common misperception that victims can just dismiss charges. In rape and domestic violence cases prosecutors frequently go forth with prosecution when the victim says she does not want to push the case.
                              She didn't show up, period. Read the stories closely. The coaches TOLD he not to go to the police. Larkai was very lucky this girl didn't want to go through all the mud sexual victims go through in court. For you to defend this guy says a lot about you.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
                                I think you need to read your own article there, sir. It says the woman dropped the charges. Is a man guilty just because someone make a unsubstantiated claim? I think not.
                                She did not drop the charges. She decided to be a no-show. The prosecutor was all prepared to do the rest, she didn't want to be dragged through the mud sexual victims go through. And off he ran to Bellarmine.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X