Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UW Parkside Leaving GLVC for GLIAC

Is it unusual that Parkside gets to leave the GLVC in less than one year? Thought you had to wait longer.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
      Is it unusual that Parkside gets to leave the GLVC in less than one year? Thought you had to wait longer.
      I think that Knightstalker's original question (whether the sanctions caused/influenced their departure, or if them leaving the conference caused/influenced/strengthened the sanctions?) is probably closely related to your question.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
        I think that Knightstalker's original question (whether the sanctions caused/influenced their departure, or if them leaving the conference caused/influenced/strengthened the sanctions?) is probably closely related to your question.
        Sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
          If Bellarmine changes leauges, I hope its for one with a more southern footprint, much better places to go in the middle of winter.
          Which one is closest - the Gulf South? Those are some long drives.

Comment

Me too, man, me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Wabbott9 View Post
              Me too, man, me too.
              That didn't work as a response the way I wanted. Basically, I'm in agreement that this means that UIndy needs to look more seriously at moving, and especially at the GLIAC.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                Which one is closest - the Gulf South? Those are some long drives.
                The league Lincoln and tusculm is in would fit.
                Gulf south not much farther than glvc if uindy and usi leave. Farthest would be Valdosta and west Florida. Which would be great form spring sports. No cold/snow outs.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
                  The league Lincoln and tusculm is in would fit.
                  Gulf south not much farther than glvc if uindy and usi leave. Farthest would be Valdosta and west Florida. Which would be great form spring sports. No cold/snow outs.
                  That's the SAC....all Carolina schools and Lincoln. Gulf South stretches all the way to Florida.

Where would USI go?

Comment

Ouch. Seems like lots of bad blood and certainly trying to portray that they were caught off guard by this and maybe even trying to convey that Parkside is damaged goods (at least that's what I read into the ethics rant). From the GLVC:

http://www.glvcsports.com/news/2017/...signation.aspx

Comment

The sanctions came first, after UWP self-reported a compliance issue. None of the violations were due to athletes' behavior, etc.; all the issues were purely internal as a result of a poorly run compliance office. All such internal personnel have been fired/replaced, including the AD. Yet, the GLVC came down hard on the entire program, and also turned down UWP's appeal(s). The GLVC were jerks through the entire process and were also holding "further audits and reviews" over the entire athletic program. That's why you never saw/heard UWP say anything like "we appreciated our many years in the the GLVC" in their statements regarding their entry into the GLIAC . . . lot of bad blood/hate. The GLIAC approached UWP after the sanctions, rescuing the athletic programs. I have a daughter athlete at UWP and all the athletes were beyond shock with the GLVC sanctions, etc., and with the threat of even deeper sanctions and penalties. The GLIAC news was nothing short of awesome for UWP, and its student athletes. THANK YOU GLIAC! Screw you GLVC!

Comment

"GLVC will behave the same as always" that says it all for me. Good luck Parkside the difference will be felt and enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsMeAgain View Post
                          I have a daughter athlete at UWP
                          I understand your passion, considering the statement above, but there are two sides to every coin. This looks like the best resolution for both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsMeAgain View Post
                            The sanctions came first, after UWP self-reported a compliance issue. None of the violations were due to athletes' behavior, etc.; all the issues were purely internal as a result of a poorly run compliance office. All such internal personnel have been fired/replaced, including the AD. Yet, the GLVC came down hard on the entire program, and also turned down UWP's appeal(s). The GLVC were jerks through the entire process and were also holding "further audits and reviews" over the entire athletic program. That's why you never saw/heard UWP say anything like "we appreciated our many years in the the GLVC" in their statements regarding their entry into the GLIAC . . . lot of bad blood/hate. The GLIAC approached UWP after the sanctions, rescuing the athletic programs. I have a daughter athlete at UWP and all the athletes were beyond shock with the GLVC sanctions, etc., and with the threat of even deeper sanctions and penalties. The GLIAC news was nothing short of awesome for UWP, and its student athletes. THANK YOU GLIAC! Screw you GLVC!
                            As the first poster to ask the question, I definitely agree with you now that the sanctions caused the move. I also think the GLVC is being overly harsh to UWP.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
                              As the first poster to ask the question, I definitely agree with you now that the sanctions caused the move. I also think the GLVC is being overly harsh to UWP.
                              Agree somewhat, but there had to be discussion prior. All the necessary steps for announcing a conference change doesn't just happen in a few weeks. I'm guessing the GLIAC had approached them during the timeframe some of their members were leaving for the GMAC.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                                Agree somewhat, but there had to be discussion prior. All the necessary steps for announcing a conference change doesn't just happen in a few weeks. I'm guessing the GLIAC had approached them during the timeframe some of their members were leaving for the GMAC.
                                I am sure there was an approach as you said when the schools jumped to the GMAC but I bet the interest had cooled down and was only reignited by the sanctions. Reading the GLVC statement makes me think it was truly a surprise move. They probably started the real negotiation to move back in May when the GLVC first came down with the sanctions and finalized them when GLVC would not grant UWP's appeal.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X