Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazznewt
    replied
    Hailey Diestelkamp named Midwest Region Player of the Year and Academic All American.

Leave a comment:

• crazznewt
    replied
    Very good points Mike and I agree with you. But that 20% you mentioned are people whose commitment to success on the court was second to none and at some point outworked most of the other 80% to reach this level of success. They deserve a chance to finish what they started.

Leave a comment:

• TSU_Mike59
    replied
    Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
    Frustration is EVERYWHERE right now. Drury's Women probably played the strongest non conference schedule in D2 which ended up being the 4th strongest schedule (per Wayne Cavadi, NCAA.COM) after conference play watered it down. That is the reason Drury won the right to host the regional over an equally frustrated Ashland team. Molly took the risk at losses in that non-con and absolutely deserved that number 1 ranking all year long. They were in a great position to accomplish their goal of a National Championship.

Attendance averaged 1,768 loud appreciative fans this season and that number would have been 2,000 to 3,000 per game this weekend.

The NCAA should allow all seniors another year or eligibility.

Leave a comment:

• crazznewt
    replied
    Frustration is EVERYWHERE right now. Drury's Women probably played the strongest non conference schedule in D2 which ended up being the 4th strongest schedule (per Wayne Cavadi, NCAA.COM) after conference play watered it down. That is the reason Drury won the right to host the regional over an equally frustrated Ashland team. Molly took the risk at losses in that non-con and absolutely deserved that number 1 ranking all year long. They were in a great position to accomplish their goal of a National Championship.

Attendance averaged 1,768 loud appreciative fans this season and that number would have been 2,000 to 3,000 per game this weekend.

The NCAA should allow all seniors another year or eligibility.

Leave a comment:

• UFOILERFAN
    replied
    I'm just hoping this virus scare won't hurt the attendance at these regionals. Some people are wearing masks around here and basic staples are flying off the shelves.
    Ohio governor has recommended that indoor activities have no spectators. High school tournaments will only allow immediate families of players starting tomorrow. Only a matter of time before other states follow this policy.

Leave a comment:

• crazznewt
    replied
    I'm just hoping this virus scare won't hurt the attendance at these regionals. Some people are wearing masks around here and basic staples are flying off the shelves.

Leave a comment:

• crazznewt
    replied
    Hesser proved again his teams will be competitive by February every year. His inexperienced big men cost Drury a chance in that wide open tournament.

Hard to believe Bellarmine hasn't played at the "O" for 5 years. If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would think this was influenced by Drury being the toughest road trip for Scotty.

Leave a comment:

• crazznewt
    replied
    Daejah Bernard now has passed the 400 steal, 500 rebound and 600 assist mark for her career. All this in about 25 minutes a game.

Leave a comment:

• crazznewt
    replied
    Hailey Diestelkamp is the GLVC Tournament MVP for the third straight year after she led the Lady Panthers to their 4th consecutive league championship. Her stat line: 25 pts, 10 reb, 7 steals, 6 ast.

Drury's won loss record with these 3 seniors is 128 wins and 8 losses. They have only lost 2 GLVC games.

Leave a comment:

• DUPanther
    replied
    The Panthers gave that game to UMSL. That was a heckuva shot at the end for Rose. Good showing by the Panthers but they blew this opportunity to win.
    They sure did - had them beat. Garrison has to be sick. The best free throw shooter in the conference (92%) goes 2-6 from the line for the game, including missing the front end of a 1 and 1 and missing 2 with 9 seconds on the clock. Hard to fault him though, as he was the best player on the floor otherwise. Not sure we could've scored 30 against that defense without him. He needs more help next year. Our forwards missed 3 wide open, room-service layups. If they just make 1 of them, we win.

Leave a comment:

• crazznewt
    replied
    Lady Panther recruit Katie Scott has been named Missouri Gatorade Girl's Player of the Year. She averaged 21.9 points, 11.7 rebounds, 5.2 assists, 3.2 steals and 2.8 blocks a game while playing in the very strong class 4 Central Ozark Conference.

Molly also has 2 very quick scoring D1 caliber guards coming for next season. The team will never replace the speed Drury's seniors bring to the table, but it appears there will still be extraordinary basketball to watch at Oreilly for years to come.

Leave a comment:

• crazznewt
    replied
    The Panthers gave that game to UMSL. That was a heckuva shot at the end for Rose. Good showing by the Panthers but they blew this opportunity to win.

Leave a comment:

• crazznewt
    replied
    Hailey Diestelkamp is finishing her career strong. Today, she was named the National Player of the Week for the second time in three weeks. Yesterday, she was Named GLVC Player of the Week for the third consecutive week.

Leave a comment:

• crazznewt
    replied
    The Panthers defeat Rock U behind Conley Garrison's 30 points as he went 10 for 16, 5 of 9 from 3, and was 5 for 5 at the line. He also had six assists, five rebounds, and four steals.

Hailey Diestelkamp scored a GLVC record 53 points as Drury scored 118 against Rockhurst. She went 21 for 27, 2 for 3 from three, and 9 of 14 from the line. She also had seven rebounds, four assists, and two steals.

It is now time for the "Thrilla in the 'Villa".

Leave a comment:

• crazznewt
    replied
    The game was a blowout as Drury had the lead to 28 or 29 in the first half. Truman played a better second half as they were stronger with the ball and found the open teammate for several easy shots.

The Lady Panthers went on one of their cold streaks as they could not hit wide open shots. Truman trimmed the the lead down to 17 and it looked to me like Molly wasnt taking any chances and played Diestelkamp more than usual.

The postgame comments? Let's just say Dean isn't a fan of Molly's defense. I probably wouldn't be a fan myself if my team had just turned the ball over 30 times.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X