Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drury Panthers

Good commentary glvcpro. It is a very hollow award going forward. Has become very political. Sad.

Comment

The Panthers finish at 21 wins and 8 Losses. This team seemed to have bought into Hesser's system and he finally has something to build on for the future.

The ladies just won their 31st game and now stand at 31 and 2. They will likely face Ashland whose coach has a career record of 100 wins and 2 Losses.

Winning on Ashland's home floor will be a tall Order. Drury did win at Ashland two years ago by 26. Last year Drury lost by 12 at Ashland .

Drury has shot 10 of 45 from three so far in this regional. It may be a long Monday night if that trend continues. Having to rely on defense only will make it very hard to stay out of foul trouble on Ashland's floor.

Comment

Good year for Drury. Disappointing that we didn't handle Findlay's zone better, or take care of the basketball with all the silly turnovers, but DU was by far the most inexperienced team in this regional. It was a heck of a job just to make it there with so many new parts.

Good luck to the Lady Panthers tomorrow - they'll need it. They're in their 9th regional final in the program's 18 year history, though. That's pretty impressive.

Comment

Lady Panthers had the game tied with 2 minutes left and lost by 6. They had 2 free throw attempts to Ashlands 22. This is the only stat Ashland led in

Got to get the regional away from Ohio
          Last edited by crazznewt; 03-12-2018, 08:19 PM.

Comment

I was for Ashland but why in the hell do you need to call a tech at the very end of a game. Makes NCAA look as bad as they are.

Comment

The ref called a Drury player for a foul as the shot clock expired when the defender was obviously FEET away from the shooter. Same ref promptly called a technical on coach Miller for "Stomping her foot". That ref single handedly sealed the outcome of that game.

Comment

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
                Lady Panthers had the game tied with 2 minutes left and lost by 6. They had 2 free throw attempts to Ashlands 22. This is the only stat Ashland led in

Got to get the regional away from Ohio
                Great try for Drury. Ironic though, Drury out scored Lewis the game before by 19 points at the foul line.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAC2018 View Post
                  Great try for Drury. Ironic though, Drury out scored Lewis the game before by 19 points at the foul line.
                  Those 2 calls at the end were pos

Comment

Your description of that last foul is so misleading. Watch it 20 times or so. Stop action. Slow motion, etc.

Comment

Your description of that last foul is so misleading. Watch it 20 times or so. Stop action. Slow motion, etc.
                      OK it is a little closer than I thought. I still don't think it's a foul. The tech was definitely a bad call. And you can't tell me as hard as Ashland plays that they only give up 2 foul shots.

Comment

OK it is a little closer than I thought. I still don't think it's a foul. The tech was definitely a bad call. And you can't tell me as hard as Ashland plays that they only give up 2 foul shots.
                        Not agreeing with the technical, but the fouls stat was 22-14 wasn't it? Not a tremendous disparity.

Comment

22-2. That decided the game.

Comment

22-2. That decided the game.
                            Ignore other realities. The fouls disparity was 22-14 (8). When Drury beat Lewis, Drury was called for 9 fewer fouls (24-15) than Lewis. Was that unfair?

*For Drury to shoot 26% from the 3-point line in the NCAA regional and do so well is a real testament to a strong, quality team.

Comment

Ignore other realities. The fouls disparity was 22-14 (8). When Drury beat Lewis, Drury was called for 9 fewer fouls (24-15) than Lewis. Was that unfair?

*For Drury to shoot 26% from the 3-point line in the NCAA regional and do so well is a real testament to a strong, quality team.
                              I'm not ignoring anything. The referee's whistle controlled the outcome of that game.I'm not saying the opposition did not deserve the victoriy

Comment

I'm not ignoring anything. The referee's whistle controlled the outcome of that game.I'm not saying the opposition did not deserve the victoriy
                                Strange. The referee controlled the outcome but the opposition may have deserved to win? Ok I think we're finished here.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X