Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Good afternoon all.
    I called the IU ticket office today and was able to buy 14 seats for the USI men's exhibition November 1st. FYI, section B is behind the Eagle's bench. I didn't ask how many general admission seats are being made available.
    Here is the number if interested. 866-487-7678 or 812-855-4006

Comment

I don't disagree that headcount is probably down. Nevertheless, the revenue generated through student fees is not necessarily predicated solely upon headcount. As I stated in a earlier post, credit hours generated is the key to student fee revenue. Further as WSM correctly asserted, course retention and degree completion together with other matrixes are important factors in attaining the State Appropriation. Getting better students who take more classes and complete their degrees within a normal period is the new formula for maximum revenue generation. One also need to look at the number of high school students graduating and matriculating to higher education; I don't know the numbers but wonder if we are having fewer high school grads available.

Comment

Give the Libs enough time to sink their paws into it and the death spiral is the sure bet.

Originally posted by EagleWhip View Post
        I don't disagree that headcount is probably down. Nevertheless, the revenue generated through student fees is not necessarily predicated solely upon headcount. As I stated in a earlier post, credit hours generated is the key to student fee revenue. Further as WSM correctly asserted, course retention and degree completion together with other matrixes are important factors in attaining the State Appropriation. Getting better students who take more classes and complete their degrees within a normal period is the new formula for maximum revenue generation. One also need to look at the number of high school students graduating and matriculating to higher education; I don't know the numbers but wonder if we are having fewer high school grads available.

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
            Give the Libs enough time to sink their paws into it and the death spiral is the sure bet.
            Estimated 20,000 "Deplorables" turned away from Trump rally in my neighborhood after 11,000 seat venue was filled last night.

Comment

Want to drive enrollment? Go D1 in Basketball, and add a football program. USI shouldn't have to take a backseat to anyone.

Originally posted by EagleWhip View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by USI!USI! View Post
                Want to drive enrollment? Go D1 in Basketball, and add a football program. USI shouldn't have to take a backseat to anyone.
                Last edited by WestSideMafia; 09-22-2018, 07:42 PM.

Comment

With the right administration it makes sense. But this gong show of an outfit has no business trying to compete at D I. Smiley is way over his head trying to lead that venture.

Comment

Players, coaches, ADs, and administrations will come and they will go. In my opinion, the D1 decision is more about where we'd like for the program to be five or ten years down the road. Ten years ago, who would have thought that Northern KY and IUPUFW would be making the D1 NCAA tourney and knocking off big ten schools like they have? Not to say we'd have the same success, but I guess what I'm saying is that, if we wait for the perfect time to make the move, it may never present itself.

As far as football, I have no stats to back this up, but Evansville has to be among the largest communities in the nation without a college football team. I know that people point to UE's program tanking, and that Evansville is too fixated on its high school sports, but I gotta believe the demand for a college team would be there if we took the leap.

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
                    With the right administration it makes sense. But this gong show of an outfit has no business trying to compete at D I. Smiley is way over his head trying to lead that venture.

Comment

D1 is insanely expensive. The way things look fiscally at USI, its unlikely to happen anytime soon. Additionally, admin have to be the driving force behind the leap and the new prez and others could careless.
                      Last edited by glvcpro; 09-23-2018, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
                          D1 is insanely expensive. The way things look fiscally at USI, its unlikely to happen anytime soon. Additionally, admin have to be the driving force behind the leap and the new prez and others could careless.

Comment

Glad to see everyone is so pumped for the season!

FYI...Wod will be making his one public appearance for the year at the fall fest this week.

See him while you can!

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by WestSideMafia View Post
                                Glad to see everyone is so pumped for the season!

FYI...Wod will be making his one public appearance for the year at the fall fest this week.

See him while you can!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X