Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Got my USI 2018/19 ticket brochure for basketball today. Still no schedule or listing of players for the Men's team on-line.

Comment

• Originally posted by EagleWhip View Post
      Got my USI 2018/19 ticket brochure for basketball today. Still no schedule or listing of players for the Men's team on-line.

Comment

From the C&P on-line: EVANSVILLE -- The University of Southern Indiana men's basketball team on Tuesday announced the arrival of a 6-foot-8 transfer from an NAIA school.
        Josh Price becomes the tallest player on an Eagles squad heavy on guards and wings. He will have three years of eligibility at USI after averaging 3.4 points and 2.8 rebounds at IU-East. He is a graduate of Shortridge High School in Indianapolis.
        Price scored eight points and had four rebounds in a IU-East loss at USI last season.
        "Josh brings a big frame and the ability to be a force in the lane," USI coach Rodney Watson said in a news release. "It will take time to match his size and skill set, but the upside to his talent is very high. He had a good night in the PAC when he was a freshman and we are expecting many more in the arena."
        USI also made official two enrollments that had previously been reported by the Courier & Press -- former Henderson County High School standout David Simmons, who transferred in from Division I Middle Tennessee State University, and Kourtlandt Martin, a Central graduate who played last season at Carl Sandburg College.
        USI has scheduled two exhibition games against Division I opponents, Nov. 1 at Indiana and Nov. 3 at Butler, but hasn't released a full schedule for the 2018-19 season.

Comment

Why is Watson bringing in a guy who averaged 3.4 points and 2.8 rebounds at IU-East? I will say it's confusing. Even sad sacks like Jason Johnson USI Class of 1999 will be right with criticizing this recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWhip View Post
            From the C&P on-line: EVANSVILLE -- The University of Southern Indiana men's basketball team on Tuesday announced the arrival of a 6-foot-8 transfer from an NAIA school.
            Josh Price becomes the tallest player on an Eagles squad heavy on guards and wings. He will have three years of eligibility at USI after averaging 3.4 points and 2.8 rebounds at IU-East. He is a graduate of Shortridge High School in Indianapolis.
            Price scored eight points and had four rebounds in a IU-East loss at USI last season.
            "Josh brings a big frame and the ability to be a force in the lane," USI coach Rodney Watson said in a news release. "It will take time to match his size and skill set, but the upside to his talent is very high. He had a good night in the PAC when he was a freshman and we are expecting many more in the arena."
            USI also made official two enrollments that had previously been reported by the Courier & Press -- former Henderson County High School standout David Simmons, who transferred in from Division I Middle Tennessee State University, and Kourtlandt Martin, a Central graduate who played last season at Carl Sandburg College.
            USI has scheduled two exhibition games against Division I opponents, Nov. 1 at Indiana and Nov. 3 at Butler, but hasn't released a full schedule for the 2018-19 season.

Comment

• Comment

You had your chance to be a man this summer Jason Johnson USI Class of 1999, you chose to hide behind a tree instead of manning up and introducing yourself to us when we showed up. You are just a sad sack who complains to act like he's someone and you are a nobody to the USI people. Watson does have a lot of explaining to do about this latest recruit, just a terrible signing.

Comment

W....O.....D

No other words needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
                    You had your chance to be a man this summer Jason Johnson USI Class of 1999, you chose to hide behind a tree instead of manning up and introducing yourself to us when we showed up. You are just a sad sack who complains to act like he's someone and you are a nobody to the USI people. Watson does have a lot of explaining to do about this latest recruit, just a terrible signing.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Drury has 9 guards and 2 guard/forwards.
                          Truman has 9 guards and 1 guard/forward
                          West Liberty has 9 guards
                          Northwest Missouri has 8 guards
                          Bellarmine has 8 guards and 2 g/f
                          Lincoln Memorial has 13 guards and 2 g/f
                          Western Oregon has 12 guards
                          Last edited by crazznewt; 08-29-2018, 09:00 PM.

Comment

But none below have:

W....O.....D

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
                            Drury has 9 guards and 2 guard/forwards.
                            Truman has 9 guards and 1 guard/forward
                            West Liberty has 9 guards
                            Northwest Missouri has 8 guards
                            Bellarmine has 8 guards and 2 g/f
                            Lincoln Memorial has 13 guards and 2 g/f
                            Western Oregon has 12 guards

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
                              But none below have:

W....O.....D
                              I wonder if USI could have a St Louis Cardinal type turnaround if W...O....D was replaced.

Comment

If they hired someone who was hungry and trying to make a name for himself....without a doubt in my mind.

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
                                I wonder if USI could have a St Louis Cardinal type turnaround if W...O....D was replaced.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X