Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

With the resources USI has at its disposal vs the rest of the current GLVC, the right coach would dominate that league. Regardless of who is at the helm, I hope we win big. But at this point expectations should be highly kept in check. Bellarmine may possibly cut the nets down this year, Drury is going to compete for a top 4 NCAA seed, Lewis should be excellent this year with what they have returning. If the GMAC gets more than 1 big, which I believe they will this year, our margin of error making the tourney this year is razor thin.

Originally posted by USI!USI! View Post
    In my opinion, any definition of success would have to include more tourney wins...that's a given. About the only metric that would be maybe close to what I'd consider successful is Watson's overall win %, I think around 75% or so and around 70% in GLVC play which is not bad but not pearl-esque. I do like the fact that he recruits local players pretty hard. Overall, I wouldn't necessarily describe the last 10 years as successful, but I could never hope for the Eagles to tank to get a coach canned, as another poster just suggested. As I've said before, I've backed this team since the late seventies and I don't plan to stop anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by USI!USI! View Post
      sorry pal but you are wrong. I am a 1984 USI grad and have no connection to staff. I've been following this team since they played at the old Central gym.
      Last edited by glvcpro; 07-29-2018, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Comment

Matheny and Wod share a lot of similarities now that I think about it.

Comment

I have been a hard core Cardinal fan since 1967. I used to listen to Mike Shannon do the post game show while he was slobbering drunk.
            I thought Matheny made major mistakes including playing people out of their normal position which made their fielding average tumble severely. I have seen the negative comments on message boards- nothing as repetitive as on the USI page.
            Speaking of teams that have had sub par years after having great success: KWC. Their posters make their feelings be known without repeating themselves over and over like they are terrified people will forget their message.
            John Marie, Alphabet Bennet, Wod, One NCAA win, Lazy Rod, Wod doesnt care,.........................................

Comment

Are you comparing the STL Cardinals board to this message board or message boards in general?

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
              I have been a hard core Cardinal fan since 1967. I used to listen to Mike Shannon do the post game show while he was slobbering drunk.
              I thought Matheny made major mistakes including playing people out of their normal position which made their fielding average tumble severely. I have seen the negative comments on message boards- nothing as repetitive as on the USI page.
              Speaking of teams that have had sub par years after having great success: KWC. Their posters make their feelings be known without repeating themselves over and over like they are terrified people will forget their message.
              John Marie, Alphabet Bennet, Wod, One NCAA win, Lazy Rod, Wod doesnt care,.........................................

Comment

Spot on Newt. You are right, these screwballs who act like USI fans say the same exact thing and never bring up anything about the sport of basketball. I head back to UM Duluth tomorrow, football season is nearly here! I spent a lot of time over at USI this summer and they just laugh about this forum. USI is in good shape with a lot of great things set to happen this year! John Morris and Ray Simmons are two of the best communications pros in the business and was great working with them again this summer while I have been home in Evansville. Go USI Eagles!

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
                  Are you comparing the STL Cardinals board to this message board or message boards in general?
                  That would be the Cardinals Board.
                  Yes, I see the similarities between Watson and Matheny:
                  They both were successful for a short time because of the previous coaches/manager.
                  They both hang onto losing strategy too long.
                  I was glad to see Matheny and John Mabry go.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Anyone fig out who got Hansen in trouble yet

Comment

Your affiliation with USI is the same as the cover you use at UMD. Zippo....

Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
                          Spot on Newt. You are right, these screwballs who act like USI fans say the same exact thing and never bring up anything about the sport of basketball. I head back to UM Duluth tomorrow, football season is nearly here! I spent a lot of time over at USI this summer and they just laugh about this forum. USI is in good shape with a lot of great things set to happen this year! John Morris and Ray Simmons are two of the best communications pros in the business and was great working with them again this summer while I have been home in Evansville. Go USI Eagles!

Comment

Agreed. In fairness to Matheny the GM did him no favors. Every since Jeff Luhnow left the ship started taking water. Luhnow was the brains of the operation as he has proven in Houston.

That would be the Cardinals Board.
                            Yes, I see the similarities between Watson and Matheny:
                            They both were successful for a short time because of the previous coaches/manager.
                            They both hang onto losing strategy too long.
                            I was glad to see Matheny and John Mabry go.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
                              Agreed. In fairness to Matheny the GM did him no favors. Every since Jeff Luhnow left the ship started taking water. Luhnow was the brains of the operation as he has proven in Houston.
                              I'm afraid you might be right about the GM. I have heard speculation that next year will be his last chance.

Comment

Crap...double post

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X