Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

And there we go with the childish insults and infatuation with gerard again.

Comment

• Comment

Mine is the 1 man full court press where the PG just shuffles his feet backwards all the way down the court. A complete waste of time.

Comment

Mine was last home game last year when BU came to pac and gave him a 40 pt beat down and he just sat on the bench the whole time shaking his head then blamed the players for lack of effort.

Comment

Everything about the clown pisses me off!!

Comment

Mine is that he's convinced USI that they can't do any better so they keep him there!

Comment

• Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                Mine is that he's convinced USI that they can't do any better so they keep him there!

Comment

Aahh...the NNNs have taken over the thread again (Nathering Naybobs of Negativism), so I thought it might be time for a few positive thoughts about the upcoming season. 1) This team will go as far as the Reitz boys can take us. Its been great watching Stein and the others the last few years, and I for one am excited to see where we go in their senior season. Alex is a friggin stud and plays with a lot of heart...a true screamin eagle 2) It's tough to play in the GLVC as a freshman, but I thought that Little and Rivera did pretty well after being tossed into the fire last year...they both got significant minutes Add them to the Reitz contingent and we have a pretty good base. Little has the potential to be really special. 3) i cant wait to see the new gym. This year, next year, I don't care when it is. It's gonna be great. Some on this blog have complained about getting a spanking new facility...this makes absolutely no sense to me. So there it is boys. I'm sure the NNNs will have a field day as we can't have any positive sentiments on this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by USI!USI! View Post
                    Aahh...the NNNs have taken over the thread again (Nathering Naybobs of Negativism), so I thought it might be time for a few positive thoughts about the upcoming season. 1) This team will go as far as the Reitz boys can take us. Its been great watching Stein and the others the last few years, and I for one am excited to see where we go in their senior season. Alex is a friggin stud and plays with a lot of heart...a true screamin eagle 2) It's tough to play in the GLVC as a freshman, but I thought that Little and Rivera did pretty well after being tossed into the fire last year...they both got significant minutes Add them to the Reitz contingent and we have a pretty good base. Little has the potential to be really special. 3) i cant wait to see the new gym. This year, next year, I don't care when it is. It's gonna be great. Some on this blog have complained about getting a spanking new facility...this makes absolutely no sense to me. So there it is boys. I'm sure the NNNs will have a field day as we can't have any positive sentiments on this thread!
                    I agree that Stein is a beast, but the other RHS players have had a minimal impact on the floor. They may be good guys and have filled a few seats though. Hopefully Little and Rivera v=can avoid a sophomore slump. I continue to think that we need a viable big and hope that our coaches are casting a wide net looking for one.

Comment

Our bigs have been a liability the last few years, especially defensively. A lot of the teams we play have bigs that play facing the basket (see Bellarmine) and our bigs were just too slow to guard when they get pulled outside. In my opinion, we might be better off to go small (3 guards, 2 forwards), but if we do, we need to run and press. Half court game won't work with the current guys on our roster.

Originally posted by EagleWhip View Post
                      I agree that Stein is a beast, but the other RHS players have had a minimal impact on the floor. They may be good guys and have filled a few seats though. Hopefully Little and Rivera v=can avoid a sophomore slump. I continue to think that we need a viable big and hope that our coaches are casting a wide net looking for one.

Comment

Liability on offense as well....

Originally posted by USI!USI! View Post
                        Our bigs have been a liability the last few years, especially defensively. A lot of the teams we play have bigs that play facing the basket (see Bellarmine) and our bigs were just too slow to guard when they get pulled outside. In my opinion, we might be better off to go small (3 guards, 2 forwards), but if we do, we need to run and press. Half court game won't work with the current guys on our roster.

Comment

• Comment

Factor out relationships, names, emotions and answer this question. Is the last decade of basketball at USI what you would define as successful? One NCAA tournament win against a team (Wayne State) that was missing 2 starters is all there is to show. We likely have a goose egg on the board if Wayne State was at full strength. Wod and crew have tried many different recruiting strategies and none of them have worked. There has been some talent, not what we had during the Pearl/Herdes area, but certainly enough to have more than 1 handicapped NCAA tournament win. Nothing is going to change as we would have seen that happen long before 10 years. Facts never lie.....

Comment

sorry pal but you are wrong. I am a 1984 USI grad and have no connection to staff. I've been following this team since they played at the old Central gym.

Comment

In my opinion, any definition of success would have to include more tourney wins...that's a given. About the only metric that would be maybe close to what I'd consider successful is Watson's overall win %, I think around 75% or so and around 70% in GLVC play which is not bad but not pearl-esque. I do like the fact that he recruits local players pretty hard. Overall, I wouldn't necessarily describe the last 10 years as successful, but I could never hope for the Eagles to tank to get a coach canned, as another poster just suggested. As I've said before, I've backed this team since the late seventies and I don't plan to stop anytime soon.

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
                                Factor out relationships, names, emotions and answer this question. Is the last decade of basketball at USI what you would define as successful? One NCAA tournament win against a team (Wayne State) that was missing 2 starters is all there is to show. We likely have a goose egg on the board if Wayne State was at full strength. Wod and crew have tried many different recruiting strategies and none of them have worked. There has been some talent, not what we had during the Pearl/Herdes area, but certainly enough to have more than 1 handicapped NCAA tournament win. Nothing is going to change as we would have seen that happen long before 10 years. Facts never lie.....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X