Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GLVC admits SBU

Not my thing sorry. Sorry you cant seem to grasp common sense on this issue.

Comment

You're right, positivity is a waste of time..I dont know what has gotten into me.
      And you may be right that I cant accept the facts, maybe you should remind us a few thousand more times that your coach sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
        You're right, positivity is a waste of time..I dont know what has gotten into me.
        And you may be right that I cant accept the facts, maybe you should remind us a few thousand more times that your coach sucks.
        crazznewt...I agree with you. I'm back in Evansville and been over to see the USI softball national title trophy, bet none of these sad sacks who are on this board even mention USI won the national title. It's the same old Stan Gerard types that are not real USI fans. John Morris said the USI brass laughed when they heard that Gerard got banned from this board. Yes we all know Watson is a bad coach. But leave it be, he's here and we can only hope for the best. USI just had a fantastic spring of sports and not one word of positives from this group of sad sacks who only want to be negative.

Comment

Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
          crazznewt...I agree with you. I'm back in Evansville and been over to see the USI softball national title trophy, bet none of these sad sacks who are on this board even mention USI won the national title. It's the same old Stan Gerard types that are not real USI fans. John Morris said the USI brass laughed when they heard that Gerard got banned from this board. Yes we all know Watson is a bad coach. But leave it be, he's here and we can only hope for the best. USI just had a fantastic spring of sports and not one word of positives from this group of sad sacks who only want to be negative.
          Excuse me, but I did congratulate both baseball and softball for the great season...that was my one positive comment for the month of May.

Comment

Me thinks Crazznewt and Duluth are the same character. Both seem to have a lot of energy around the USI program. And both Bob Mueller every poster who they don't agree with.....but only pertaining to USI. Time to investigate Bob!

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
            Excuse me, but I did congratulate both baseball and softball for the great season...that was my one positive comment for the month of May.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
              Me thinks Crazznewt and Duluth are the same character. Both seem to have a lot of energy around the USI program. And both Bob Mueller every poster who they don't agree with.....but only pertaining to USI. Time to investigate Bob!

Comment

I beginning to think you and silky are the same character. The similarities are uncanny. The ability to think outside the common sense box is identical.

Comment

The thing that I dont like with you guy(s) is you show up on threads that have nothing to do with USI and figure out a way to slam the coach. Hey, have fun doing what you do and I'll play somewhere else for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
                    The thing that I dont like with you guy(s) is you show up on threads that have nothing to do with USI and figure out a way to slam the coach. Hey, have fun doing what you do and I'll play somewhere else for a while.
                    Got to agree with you on that. I understand that Watson basically sucks but can they keep it to the USI thread at least. I would like to hear more about SBU on this thread please.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
                      Got to agree with you on that. I understand that Watson basically sucks but can they keep it to the USI thread at least. I would like to hear more about SBU on this thread please.
                      SBU should start their own thread then. This tread was in reference to the glvc and them admitting sbu. Before someone took offense to the facts of coaching staff poor post season record, the discussion was how sbu would compete against glvc teams. As far as I know USI is still in the glvc.

Comment

Their trend line is not favorable as they haven't been good in several years.
                        The MIAA isn't exactly chopped liver in men's basketball (see: Central Missouri, Northwest Missouri).
                        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by DUFan View Post
                          Anticipated 2019-2020 GLVC

East
                          Bellarmine
                          Indy
                          USI
                          UIS
                          Lewis
                          Benedictine
                          Quincy
                          McKendree

West
                          Truman
                          UMSL
                          Maryville
                          MO S&T
                          Drury
                          Rockhurst
                          SBU
                          William Jewell
                          So basically, it's the Missouri schools in the West Division and the other schools in the East.
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

So with SBU officially on board, I've updated the map. Has anybody heard any more on Benedictine?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18T...Ow&usp=sharing

To me, the big question now becomes whether or not Lewis hangs around or goes gets an invite from the GLIAC. Comparing their travel times, they'd come out ahead in the GLIAC. The longest trips are comparable (within minutes of being the same) but they pick up some closer opponents.

GLIAC - average travel time 4:38
                            Purdue Northwest 1:06
                            UWP 1:46
                            GVSU 3:15
                            Davenport 3:18
                            Ferris St 4:04
                            Wayne St 4:45
                            Saginaw Valley 5:06
                            Northwood 5:10
                            Ashland 5:48
                            Northern Michigan 6:49
                            Michigan Tech 7:16
                            LSSU 7:22

GLVC - average travel time 5:08
                            UIS 2:36
                            UIndy 3:22
                            McK 3:48
                            UMSL 4:08
                            Quincy 4:12
                            Maryville 4:20
                            Bellarmine 4:59
                            USI 5:07
                            Truman 5:22
                            Mo S&T 5:36
                            WJ 6:49
                            Rockhurst 7:05
                            Drury 7:11
                            SBU 7:21

My guess is that the invite for Benedictine was for the sole purpose of retaining Lewis in the GLVC. If Benedictine ends up falling thru (or if Lewis bails), I would imagine that we see Lindenwood or Lincoln get an invite.

Also, looking at the map, I almost wonder what the possibility of Upper Iowa looking at GLVC would be. It looks like less travel than their current arrangement in the NSIC, though it pushes the bounds of the GLVC a bit more.

Comment

Benedictine will remain D3.

http://www.d3sports.com/notables/201...o-return-to-d3

Comment

Interesting.

I thought the Benedictine move was a really good one for the GLVC, as it was the first move to buck the trend of growing on the western side and shrinking on the eastern front (KWC, SJC, UWP). With the SBU move, the trend now continues uninterrupted.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X