Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nonconference schedules 2018-19

Both teams should be very good with players coming back,where does Mckendree stack up with them?

Comment

Originally posted by Rgerling View Post
      Both teams should be very good with players coming back,where does Mckendree stack up with them?
      McKendree's go ten players coming back but the addition of Foster as coach is the key. He will make them 5 or 6 wins better on his own.

Comment

Update: Oakland City adds 5th NCAAII game to schedule - at Southern Indiana

I hope they play well in Hawaii so this game does not hurt our numbers too badly.

Comment

Funny...Rod won't agree to a contract for games against a completely rebuilding KWC, which would result in a good gate for the home team, and bragging rights since chances are we'd probably be a pushover, but he'll play OCU.

Coach Cooper has stated that he's been trying very hard to get terms worked out for a series against USI like that we've entered into with Bellarmine but that they "haven't been able to come together on terms". Meaning, of course, Rod won't do it. Or, more likely, he won't come to the Sportscenter.

Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
            Funny...Rod won't agree to a contract for games against a completely rebuilding KWC, which would result in a good gate for the home team, and bragging rights since chances are we'd probably be a pushover, but he'll play OCU.

Coach Cooper has stated that he's been trying very hard to get terms worked out for a series against USI like that we've entered into with Bellarmine but that they "haven't been able to come together on terms". Meaning, of course, Rod won't do it. Or, more likely, he won't come to the Sportscenter.

Comment

We need Wods azz outta here and Todd Franklins in! He would play anybody anytime anywhere and hand out a bunch whoopins in the process

Comment

Hasn't KWC played OCU multiple times over the last few years?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWhip View Post
                    Hasn't KWC played OCU multiple times over the last few years?
                    Yes, and I wasn't all that happy about it, however that was when the G-MAC was not "full" in terms of conference schedule and we needed more non-conference games than most teams. And, the other D2 team that close to us refused to play us, so we have a pretty solid excuse.

Comment

KWC historical record versus OKC 45-3; USI versus OKC 34-10...both KWC & USI have a history of playing the Oaks. Like you, I wish that our two schools would play again.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                        Truman should be the favorite in the West GLVC, with Drury a close second. I like Truman's coach 's pedigree, but he is the question mark for them. Still don't understand how they lost their coach to McKendree. Was their some untold story there, or were they just not willing to pay what Mckendree was offering?

Jewell should be good as well. West may be better than East this year. Are we back to two divisions?
                        I think Truman is going to be good. However, I'm wondering what your logic is. Drury beat Truman 2 out of 3 last year and Truman lost more than Drury did. Drury returns basically their whole team (lost 1 senior that didn't play much). Truman also lost 1 player, but he led them in scoring, rebounding, FG%, and was their best 3 point shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                          I think Truman is going to be good. However, I'm wondering what your logic is. Drury beat Truman 2 out of 3 last year and Truman lost more than Drury did. Drury returns basically their whole team (lost 1 senior that didn't play much). Truman also lost 1 player, but he led them in scoring, rebounding, FG%, and was their best 3 point shooter.
                          It's probably a coin flip between them, but my preference for Truman was based on the games both teams played against Bellarmine. I just thought Truman looked like a better all around team. I also think that Broderic Thomas is a definite candidate for POY in the GLVC and Velky is a hard nosed leader that gives them a tough attitude. The question about Truman's coach is a legitimate question for handicapping purposes, so I will retract my statement that they should be favored over Drury.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                            It's probably a coin flip between them, but my preference for Truman was based on the games both teams played against Bellarmine. I just thought Truman looked like a better all around team. I also think that Broderic Thomas is a definite candidate for POY in the GLVC and Velky is a hard nosed leader that gives them a tough attitude. The question about Truman's coach is a legitimate question for handicapping purposes, so I will retract my statement that they should be favored over Drury.
                            Foster did a nice job at Truman. The new coach has a good resume, but is unproven at this level. He's going to start with a talented team so it'll be interesting to see if he can keep the momentum going into year 3 after most of Foster's guys are gone.

I'm biased, but I'm giving the edge to Drury. Defending West champs (although I'm not sure there is an East and a West this year), bring back the entire team, and had a ton of first year players last year. Hesser's teams always get better when he has continuity, and everyone that made any difference at all is back. Watching them over the summer, it looks to me like Conley Garrison (all GLVC freshman team last year) has elevated his game significantly.

Comment

Drury's schedule is up, although they don't have opponents listed for a few events.

Other than what's on their schedule, I've been told they'll play West Texas and Embry-Riddle plus one yet to be named in the West Coast event. One of the opponents for the Thanksgiving Classic is Upper Iowa, not sure who the other one is. In December they'll play at Barry and one other opponent.

So, still 3 games I'm not sure of, but so far a pretty tough non-con. Upper Iowa has been decent and both Barry and West Texas were in the E-8 last year.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                                Drury's schedule is up, although they don't have opponents listed for a few events.

Other than what's on their schedule, I've been told they'll play West Texas and Embry-Riddle plus one yet to be named in the West Coast event. One of the opponents for the Thanksgiving Classic is Upper Iowa, not sure who the other one is. In December they'll play at Barry and one other opponent.

So, still 3 games I'm not sure of, but so far a pretty tough non-con. Upper Iowa has been decent and both Barry and West Texas were in the E-8 last year.
                                I've got a few more of Drury's games figured out now. See my first post for updates.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X