Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nonconference schedules 2018-19

Velky not listed on Truman's roster. That's a big blow if that's true.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
      Velky not listed on Truman's roster. That's a big blow if that's true.
      Heard he had the opportunity to graduate in December and begin the next stage of his academic/professional career at the start of 2019, which led to him not returning this season. Frustrating to the common fan, but considering these are Division 2 athletes, it's hard to blame him for taking advantage of a great opportunity that will benefit him for the rest of his life.

Drury the no-doubt favorite in the west now.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
        Heard he had the opportunity to graduate in December and begin the next stage of his academic/professional career at the start of 2019, which led to him not returning this season. Frustrating to the common fan, but considering these are Division 2 athletes, it's hard to blame him for taking advantage of a great opportunity that will benefit him for the rest of his life.

Not a knock on the new coach, but having your coach leave for your senior year probably didn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post

Yes that is very large indeed. Velky was once tough kid. He would have been the leader for this year's team. Happy for him, he got a good opportunity in his real life. Happy for me because he would have been tough on my team!

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
            I've got a few more of Drury's games figured out now. See my first post for updates.
            Besides West Texas, Drury also playing Concordia (CA) and Azusa Pacific in the California event.

That's a pretty tough 3 game start to the season. West Texas was in the Elite 8 last year, Concordia was 20-11, and Azusa Pacific was 21-11 and lost in their Regional semi-final.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
              Besides West Texas, Drury also playing Concordia (CA) and Azusa Pacific in the California event.

That's a pretty tough 3 game start to the season. West Texas was in the Elite 8 last year, Concordia was 20-11, and Azusa Pacific was 21-11 and lost in their Regional semi-final.
              Good find on APU. That was the missing piece of the puzzle.

Comment

With the unbalanced schedule in the GLIAC, GV and Ferris only play once this year

Comment

Midwest teams that have NOT released full schedules:
                  Cedarville
                  LSSU
                  Malone
                  McKendree
                  Salem
                  USI
                  Last edited by schnautza; 09-13-2018, 10:03 AM.

Comment

According to Western Kentucky website they will play KWC in exhibition on November 3

http://wkusports.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Comment

According to BU website, USI is playing in the BU Classic, so it looks like you can add Barry and Northern Michigan to USI's schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                        According to BU website, USI is playing in the BU Classic, so it looks like you can add Barry and Northern Michigan to USI's schedule.
                        That would be some great games to see. It would be very encouraging to see USI do well.

Comment

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
                          That would be some great games to see. It would be very encouraging to see USI do well.
                          A little better than the usual lineup for this type of event. NMU is coming off a respectable season, over .500 in the GLIAC, including a 3 point loss to N.C. at Ferris. Barry was an Elite 8 team and brings back a fair amount of talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                            Thanks - I was assuming this would be the case but hadn't seen the article posted. I'm glad BU can line up some tough competition for us.

Comment

If anybody has the inside scoop on UIndy's tournament (11/21-11/23 or 24?), I'm seeing some odd schedules.
                              UIndy shows "Greyhound Classic" 11/21 LSSU and 11/23 Wilberforce
                              LSSU shows " GLIAC/GLVC Crossover" 11/21 UIndy and 11/23 USI
                              Wilberforce shows only 11/24 UIndy as well as an 11/21 game at Ohio Christian.

I'm not sure what this means for USI's 2nd game, which I assume should be Wilberforce on 11/21, based on LSSU and UIndy's schedules. If it's actually a GLIAC/GLVC crossover, I wonder if Wilberforce is out and another team has been substituted in there but Indy hasn't updated.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X