Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nonconference schedules 2018-19

https://kwcpanthers.com/schedule.asp...&schedule=1295

Our schedule is up. Bellarmine and Lincoln Memorial are the highlights. IU-Southeast is NAIA but tend to be VERY good NAIA, so not bad. And then Kentucky State, Salem, and Thomas More round out the non-conference games. Not the best schedule we've ever had, but in a total rebuild year it'll do.

Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
      https://kwcpanthers.com/schedule.asp...&schedule=1295

Our schedule is up. Bellarmine and Lincoln Memorial are the highlights. IU-Southeast is NAIA but tend to be VERY good NAIA, so not bad. And then Kentucky State, Salem, and Thomas More round out the non-conference games. Not the best schedule we've ever had, but in a total rebuild year it'll do.
      KWC plays BU on a Wednesday? That kinda sucks for those of us who have to work, although we have gone to several USI Thursday night games. Always a late night though. Would think that they would want it on a Saturday night to maximize the crowd for the reinstituting a rival game.

Comment

We will take what ever Bell gives us. And I thank them. We will lose by a bunch but our kids will learn.

Comment

For the 8th time in 10 years, we meet our archrival OHIO VALLEY. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
            We will take what ever Bell gives us. And I thank them. We will lose by a bunch but our kids will learn.
            I'm sure it was due to BU having conflicts on the Saturday before (@Saginaw Valley) and most likely the Saturday after as well. Just think it would have been better for KWC and attendance to have the game on Saturday. Actually, would have been good to be their home opener. Start of the season with a crowd over 3000 (would have gotten several hundred from Louisville to come down for that one, at least) would have been good for Coach Cooper's debut.

Comment

We are now past the halfway point on all D2 colleges releasing schedules. Just found a first game for Drury.

Comment

Only one game so it can start early..too bad about the different time zones

Comment

William Jewell is certainly not afraid to schedule tough teams out of conference. Games against Queens, Tarleton, Arkansas Tech, and Central Missouri.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                    We are now past the halfway point on all D2 colleges releasing schedules. Just found a first game for Drury.
                    I don't think Drury knows some of Drury's opponents yet.

I know they're playing in the west coast Disney event at the beginning of the season. That'll be 3 games and I don't think they've been told the opponents.

They're also going to Florida in December for two games, one of which they still don't know who the opponent will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                      William Jewell is certainly not afraid to schedule tough teams out of conference. Games against Queens, Tarleton, Arkansas Tech, and Central Missouri.
                      Truman's non-con if probably even tougher than Jewell's.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                        Truman's non-con if probably even tougher than Jewell's.
                        I'm glad to see them challenge themselves in the noncon again this year. Lost only Fischer and bring back everyone else (plus Pesic who was out all last year with an ACL). Also have a couple freshmen coming in that will vie for some bench minutes.

Comment

Truman has potential make a run in the postseason if Coach Horner coaches as well as he played. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
                            Truman has potential make a run in the postseason if Coach Horner coaches as well as he played. IMO
                            Truman should be the favorite in the West GLVC, with Drury a close second. I like Truman's coach 's pedigree, but he is the question mark for them. Still don't understand how they lost their coach to McKendree. Was their some untold story there, or were they just not willing to pay what Mckendree was offering?

Jewell should be good as well. West may be better than East this year. Are we back to two divisions?

Comment

Still don't understand how they lost their coach to McKendree. Was their some untold story there, or were they just not willing to pay what Mckendree was offering?
                              All about the $$$ from what I understand. My guess is that Truman couldn't match the salary since they just cut wrestling and men's tennis due to statewide budget issues for public higher ed institutions. It probably would not have been a good look to cut sports and then give a sizable increase in salary to the MBB coach.

Comment

Truman should be the favorite in the West GLVC, with Drury a close second. I like Truman's coach 's pedigree, but he is the question mark for them. Still don't understand how they lost their coach to McKendree. Was their some untold story there, or were they just not willing to pay what Mckendree was offering?

Jewell should be good as well. West may be better than East this year. Are we back to two divisions?
                                Drury and Truman talent level seem to be be even on paper. However, Drury still has their coach and he is very good.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X