4. USI (7)
    5. UMSL (4)
    6. Ferris (5)
    7. GVSU (6)
    8. Drury (10)
    9. Michigan Tech (NR)
    10. Northwood (8)
    Dropped out: Rockhurst (9)
    Last night probably just swapped the DUs in the region -- Drury in, Davenport out. This is the first year I can recall where, outside of earning the #1 seed to be able to host, there's really no care about seeding. I think the GLVC tourney will be the same way - - any team that gets in has just as good of chance to winning three games as the other seven teams in the field.

Leave a comment:

• schnautza
    replied
    UPDATED thru 2/20 games

MASSEY
    1. Indianapolis (1)
    2. UMSL (3)
    3. USI (4)
    4. Truman (2)
    5. Bellarmine (6)
    6. Ferris (5)
    7. GVSU (7)
    8. Drury (10)
    9. Michigan Tech (NR)
    10. Findlay (NR)
    Dropped out: Walsh (8), Davenport (9)

TalismanRed
    1. Indianapolis (1)
    2. USI (T3)
    3. Bellarmine (2)
    4. GVSU (T3)
    5. Ferris (5)
    6. UMSL (6)
    7. Truman (7)
    T8. Michigan Tech (9)
    T8. Drury (10)
    10. Davenport (8)
    Dropped out: none

PI
    1. Indianapolis (1)
    2. UMSL (3)
    3. Bellarmine (2)
    4. Ferris (4)
    5. USI (7)
    6. GVSU (5)
    7. Truman (6)
    8. Findlay (8)
    9. Michigan Tech (10)
    10. Drury (NR)
    Dropped out: Walsh (9)

RPI
    1. Indianapolis (1)
    2. Truman (2)
    3. Bellarmine (3)
    4. USI (7)
    5. UMSL (4)
    6. Ferris (5)
    7. GVSU (6)
    8. Drury (10)
    9. Michigan Tech (NR)
    10. Northwood (8)
    Dropped out: Rockhurst (9)

Leave a comment:

• TSU_Mike59
    replied
    [QUOTE=HoosierDaddy;n485961]
    Originally posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
    Truman at #2 is a surprise[/QUOTE

Still wondering
    lolz. Second best SOS in the region. Second best RPI in the region. Tied for most wins against regionally-ranked teams in the region. Number one nonconference SOS in the country. But sure, one bad night and let's forget all of it.

Leave a comment:

• HoosierDaddy
    replied
    [QUOTE=HoosierDaddy;n485498]Truman at #2 is a surprise[/QUOTE

Still wondering

Leave a comment:

• schnautza
    replied
    Tonight's ranked losses:

MTU over Davenport
    Drury over Truman

And not ranked, but relevant, Lindenwood gives GLVC a bit of breathing room by taking down Rockhurst, who we believe was on the fringe of being ranked.

??????

Leave a comment:

• KnightStalker
    replied
    Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
    Don't understand Mich Tech and Davenport being ahead of Findlay. Findlay has better record and better PI than both of them. If PI doesn't matter, then Walsh should be ahead of all three of them. I think it will sort itself out by season's end. If Findlay were to run the table, they'll finish much higher than 8. I'm not sure why Davenport and Michigan Tech are ahead of South West Baptist and Drury. Of course the rankings don't tell you who 11-15 are, nor how close teams are to each other.

As an illustration as to how close this is, suppose Truman and Drury win the rest of their regular season games, except Drury beats Truman. Even though Truman is currently ranked 2 in the region and Drury is unranked, Drury would have a good case for being ranked ahead of Truman. They would have a better record and a win over Truman. My point here is that there are probably fourteen teams within a single loss or win of being in or out of the tournament. UMSL and Ferris look like they could relatviely easily win the rest of their regulat season games. A team that actually controls its own destiny is USI. If they win out, they would finish the sregular season as No. 1. Personally, I would like to see them go 3-1 with a loss to BU
    Definitely think any of the five ranked GLVC teams could be the No. 1 by winning out. Indy at least has the luxury of losing 1 and still be ahead of Ferris and GV. The interesting call would be if Indy lost one early in GLVC tourney and someone like UMSL ran the table. I think UMSL would deserve it but then again it is always a question whether the committee gives much look at what happens in the conference tourneys. Would Indy have the #1 seed if they just win the rest of their regular season games?

Leave a comment:

• Knightmoves
    replied
    Don't understand Mich Tech and Davenport being ahead of Findlay. Findlay has better record and better PI than both of them. If PI doesn't matter, then Walsh should be ahead of all three of them. I think it will sort itself out by season's end. If Findlay were to run the table, they'll finish much higher than 8. I'm not sure why Davenport and Michigan Tech are ahead of South West Baptist and Drury. Of course the rankings don't tell you who 11-15 are, nor how close teams are to each other.

As an illustration as to how close this is, suppose Truman and Drury win the rest of their regular season games, except Drury beats Truman. Even though Truman is currently ranked 2 in the region and Drury is unranked, Drury would have a good case for being ranked ahead of Truman. They would have a better record and a win over Truman. My point here is that there are probably fourteen teams within a single loss or win of being in or out of the tournament. UMSL and Ferris look like they could relatviely easily win the rest of their regulat season games. A team that actually controls its own destiny is USI. If they win out, they would finish the sregular season as No. 1. Personally, I would like to see them go 3-1 with a loss to BU

Leave a comment:

• TSU_Mike59
    replied
    Games left for each team:
    1. UIndy - at Maryville (5-20), at Missouri S&T (5-18), McKendree (12-13), at #7 Southern Indiana (19-5)
    2. Truman - at Drury (17-7), SW Baptist (18-7), at Maryville (5-20), at Missouri S&T (5-18)
    3. Bellarmine - at Missouri S&T (5-18), at Maryville (5-20), #7 Southern Indiana (19-5), McKendree (12-13)
    4. Ferris State - at Purdue Northwest (8-18), at WI Parkside (10-15), Lake Superior (11-14)
    5. Grand Valley - at N Michigan (11-14), at #8 Michigan Tech (17-8), #9 Davenport (20-8)
    6. Missouri-St. Louis - William Jewell (9-15), Rockhurst (15-9), Lewis (13-11), IL Springfield (14-11)
    7. Southern Indiana - at IL Springfield (14-11), Lewis (13-11), at #3 Bellarmine (17-6), #1 Indianapolis (19-5)
    8. Michigan Tech - #9 Davenport (20-8), #5 Grand Valley (20-5), at N Michigan (11-14)
    ---
    9. Davenport - at #8 Michigan Tech (17-8), at N Michigan (11-14), at #5 Grand Valley (20-5)
    10. Findlay - at Lake Erie (14-11), at Cedarville (16-8), Hillsdale (16-8)

Biggest risk/reward for Southern Indiana and Davenport. This week's Davenport/Michigan Tech game will be huge.

Leave a comment:

• crazznewt
    replied
    Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
    Meanwhile, on the women's side:

1. Drury (25-0 overall, 20-0 regional)
    2. Ashland (25-0, 24-0)
    3. Grand Valley (22-2, 21-2)
    4. Walsh (22-2, 22-2)
    5. Kentucky Wesleyan (20-1, 20-1)
    6. Southern Indiana (16-6, 15-6)
    7. Ferris State (17-6, 17-6)
    8. Lewis (15-9, 15-9)
    9. Lindenwood (14-8, 14-6)
    10. Truman (16-6, 16-6)

Can't imagine that the top five aren't locks at this point. Hard to see any teams not in the top ten winning their conference tournament & stealing a bid.
    Drury has been in the last four regional finals, Ashland twice and Grand Valley twice.

Leave a comment:

• TSU_Mike59
    replied
    Meanwhile, on the women's side:

1. Drury (25-0 overall, 20-0 regional)
    2. Ashland (25-0, 24-0)
    3. Grand Valley (22-2, 21-2)
    4. Walsh (22-2, 22-2)
    5. Kentucky Wesleyan (20-1, 20-1)
    6. Southern Indiana (16-6, 15-6)
    7. Ferris State (17-6, 17-6)
    8. Lewis (15-9, 15-9)
    9. Lindenwood (14-8, 14-6)
    10. Truman (16-6, 16-6)

Can't imagine that the top five aren't locks at this point. Hard to see any teams not in the top ten winning their conference tournament & stealing a bid.

Leave a comment:

• DUPanther
    replied
    Originally posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
    Truman at #2 is a surprise
    Agree, I would've had them at 1. They've played the toughest schedule in the country. Their non-con included at Findlay (#10 midwest), neutral location against Grand Valley (#5 midwest), at Davenport (#9 midwest), home against Missouri Southern (#3 central), at Northwest Missouri (#1 central, probably the best team in the country).

Leave a comment:

• HoosierDaddy
    replied
    Truman at #2 is a surprise

Leave a comment:

• schnautza
    replied
    So the next question becomes how many games can each team in the top 7 afford to lose before falling out?

Leave a comment:

• Knightmoves
    replied
    Rank School Overall DII Record In-Region Record
    1 UIndy 18-5 17-5
    2 Truman 17-7 17-7
    3 Bellarmine 16-6 16-6
    4 Ferris State 20-5 17-5
    5 Grand Valley State 18-5 18-5
    6 Missouri-St. Louis 15-5 15-5
    7 Southern Indiana 18-5 18-5
    8 Michigan Tech 15-8 13-8
    9 Davenport 16-8 15-8
    10 Findlay 16-6 15-6

Here it is. I guess their opinion is as good as any. UMSL is kind of underated IMO. Michigan Tech is the first team out, since there has to be a GMAC team. It is all going to change by bid time.

Leave a comment:

• KnightStalker
    replied
    As far as ultimate No. 1 and host seeding, obviously Indy right now has the upper hand. I do believe that if one of BU, USI, TSU or UMSL were to win out including winning the GLVC tourney, that team would get it. I think Ferris or GVSU need to win out and not have any of the above GLVC teams do the same plus Indy would need to lose 2 more times.
    Out of the GLVC, UMSL probably has the easiest remaining regular season with all 4 games at home where they are undefeated. Rockhurst, Lewis and UIS are no pushovers, especially with Rockhurst still having some incentive for the postseason but I don't see UMSL losing any of them. BU and Indy have nearly identical schedules with the big exception being BU gets USI at home and Indy has to play at USI. Other than the USI game for both of them, they should not have any other problems with their remaining schedule. TSU has Drury on the road and SW Baptist at home. Interesting enough Indy BU and TSU all have S&T and Maryville on the road. USI by far has the toughest remaining schedule (@UIS, Lewis, @BU, Indy) but if they would win them all would definitely improve their position on all of the rating systems. Of course, the GLVC tourney is a total toss up. Doesn't matter who is 1 and who is 8, they will all have a shot. The GLVC tourney will be much more difficult than the Regional.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X