6 Missouri-St. Louis 17-5 17-5
    7 Grand Valley State 19-6 19-6
    8 Michigan Tech 17-8 15-8
    9 Drury 16-8 16-7
    10 Findlay 17-6 16-6

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Forgot to post my prediction in here yesterday.
    1. .Indianapolis (20-5) [1]
    2. Bellarmine (18-6) [3]
    3. Southern Indiana (20-5) [7]
    4. Truman (18-8) [2]
    5. UMSL (17-5) [6]
    6. Ferris State (22-5) [4]
    7. Grand Valley State (19-6) [5]
    8. Michigan Tech (17-8) [8]
    9. Findlay (17-6) [10]
    10. Southwest Baptist (14-7) [NR]
    I don't know, maybe it's not realistic to expect this much shakeup when only two teams in the top 8 lost any games. But the numbers now have Southern Indiana on the same plane as the rest of the 2-7 range, and that (as well as Truman's loss) seems to change a lot of the group dynamics.

With Davenport's two losses, someone had to take their place in the top 10. Southwest Baptist gets the edge here over Drury due to wins over Bellarmine and USI.

Leave a comment:

• schnautza
    replied
    Seems to me that the polls currently have BU lower than Ferris, UMSL, and USI. Wonder how the regional poll will look tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• schnautza
    replied
    If you were to average all 4 computer rankings, assigning 1, 2, 3, 4, etc to each team, you'd get this list:
    1. Indianapolis
    2. USI
    3. UMSL
    T4. Ferris
    T4. Truman
    6. Bellarmine
    7. GVSU
    8. Mich Tech
    9. Drury
    10. Southwest Baptist
    11. Findlay
    12. Davenport
    13. Northwood

Leave a comment:

• schnautza
    replied
    This past week's results:
    1. Indianapolis (20-5) - wins: @Maryville (71-57), @MoS&T (92-76)
    2. Truman (18-8) - wins: SBU (83-59); losses: @Drury (52-71)
    3. Bellarmine (18-6) - wins: @MoS&T (83-70), @Maryville (77-59)
    4. Ferris (22-5) - wins: @PNW (93-89), @UWP (75-70)
    5. GVSU (19-6) - wins: @N Michigan (82-79 2OT); losses: @Michigan Tech (70-78)
    6. UMSL (17-5) - wins: William Jewell (74-60), Rockhurst (67-49)
    7. USI (20-5) - wins: @IL-Springfield (71-62), Lewis (85-82)
    8. Michigan Tech (17-8) - wins: Davenport (73-63), GVSU (78-70)
    9. Davenport (16-10) - losses: @Michigan Tech (63-73), @N Michigan (74-80)
    10. Findlay (17-6) - wins: @Lake Erie (72-64)

Current computer rankings (with last Monday's rankings in parenthesis for reference):

MASSEY
    1. Indianapolis (1)
    2. UMSL (3)
    3. USI (4)
    4. Truman (2)
    5. Ferris (5)
    6. Bellarmine (6)
    7. GVSU (7)
    8. Michigan Tech (NR)
    9. Drury (10)
    10. Findlay (NR)
    Dropped out: Walsh (8), Davenport (9)
    [These top 10 Midwest teams range from #10 to #39]

TalismanRed
    1. Indianapolis (1)
    2. USI (T3)
    3. Bellarmine (2)
    4. GVSU (T3)
    5. Ferris (5)
    6. UMSL (6)
    7. Truman (7)
    T8. Michigan Tech (9)
    T8. Drury (10)
    10. Davenport (8)
    Dropped out: None
    [The tightest and highest spread, these top 10 range from #5 to #26]

PI
    1. Indianapolis (1)
    2. Ferris (4)
    3. USI (7)
    4. UMSL (3)
    5. Truman (6)
    6. GVSU (5)
    7. Bellarmine (2)
    8. Michigan Tech (10)
    9. Findlay (8)
    10. Drury (NR)
    Dropped out: Walsh (9)
    [The widest spread of all of the computer rankings, top 10 range from #11 to #71]

RPI
    1. Indianapolis (1)
    2. Truman (2)
    3. UMSL (4)
    4. USI (7)
    5. Bellarmine (3)
    6. Ferris (5)
    7. GVSU (6)
    8. Michigan Tech (NR)
    9. Drury (10)
    10. Northwood (8)
    Dropped out: Rockhurst (9)
    [These top 10 range from #6 to #58]
    Last edited by schnautza; 02-24-2020, 09:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Knightmoves
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
    This is the tamest week in the region for some time. Only two losses by ranked teams to unranked teams.
    Technically you are correct, but informed speculation would have put Drury in the ranked teams after Thursday's crushing of Trueman, so their loss to Quincy was an unofficial loss for a ranked team. Drury may still get ranked, we'll see.

My prediction for this week's ranking:
    1. UIndy
    2. B.U.
    3. FSU
    4. UMSL
    5. USI
    6. Truman
    7. GVSU
    8. Michigan Tech
    9. Findlay
    10. Drury

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    This is the tamest week in the region for some time. Only two losses by ranked teams to unranked teams.

Leave a comment:

• BGrad1971
    replied
    GVSU loses too.

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Davenport loses in overtime to Northern Michigan. They might need to win the GLIAC tournament to make the regional.

Leave a comment:

• KnightStalker
    replied
    Originally posted by schnautza View Post
    Haha I guess I could have said last last 7 games (since there are 3 left, that makes 10 at the end) but you guys would still have a losing record at 3-4 for that too! But seriously, I get they were close games, and it really does skew the record. But also remember that most of USI's losses were before they had their full team put together or had key players out for injury/illness, so do we ignore those too?
    No but the point of looking at the last 10 games is to see if the team is just not even close to the same as they were earlier. It is a subjective review in my opinion and I think they should consider how the games were lost. I am not saying that should help BU in the eyes of the committee, because 3 of the losses were at home which they have no business being that close in the first place and the 3 road losses were to teams who will not be ranked (although Rockhurst was close until losing last night.)

Leave a comment:

• schnautza
    replied
    Haha I guess I could have said last last 7 games (since there are 3 left, that makes 10 at the end) but you guys would still have a losing record at 3-4 for that too! But seriously, I get they were close games, and it really does skew the record. But also remember that most of USI's losses were before they had their full team put together or had key players out for injury/illness, so do we ignore those too?

Leave a comment:

• KnightStalker
    replied
    Originally posted by schnautza View Post
    We've talked before about how games in the end of season can be weighted heavier for tournament selection. Here are results in last 10 games. I'm getting the impression that the committee has not considered this factor at all this season (I'm looking at you, BU).

1. UIndy 9-1 (road loss at Ill-Springfield)
    2. Truman 7-3 (road losses at USI, UIndy, and Drury)
    3. Bellarmine 4-6 (home losses vs Truman, SBU, and UIndy, road losses at Rockhurst, William Jewell, and Ill-Springfield)
    4. Ferris State 7-3 (home loss vs Northwood, road losses at Ashland and Mich Tech)
    5. Grand Valley 7-3 (home losses vs Ashland and Northern Mich, road loss at Northwood)
    6. Missouri-St. Louis 7-3 (road losses at USI, Truman, and Quincy)
    7. Southern Indiana 9-1 (road loss at UMSL)
    8. Michigan Tech 6-4 (road losses at GVSU, Northwood, SVSU, and Ferris)
    9. Davenport 6-4 (home losses vs Northern Mich, Mich Tech, and Ashland, road loss at Michigan Tech)
    10. Findlay 9-1 (road loss at Walsh)
    ______
    Drury 7-3 (road losses at Bellarmine, SBU, and UIndy)
    In defense I will only state you are being arbitrary in selecting 10 as the number to go back! Hey BU has beaten powerhouses (Quincy and S&T) in last two games.... we are on a roll.

Seriously though all those losses were either in overtime (Indy, WJ), 3 pt field goal in the last 6 seconds or less (Truman, Rockhurst, IUS, WJ again) or where BU had the lead in the last 2 minutes (all of them, except Indy which was tied.) In my opinion in 5 of those 6 games BU did not play that badly, the other team had their best game of the year. Now the loss to WJ was inexcusable, and based on that loss alone I would not be able to argue if BU was not selected. Not only is WJ a bad team but they did not even play particularly well. So BU lost to a bad team that was having a bad night even for them!
    Last edited by KnightStalker; 02-21-2020, 11:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• schnautza
    replied
    We've talked before about how games in the end of season can be weighted heavier for tournament selection. Here are results in last 10 games. I'm getting the impression that the committee has not considered this factor at all this season (I'm looking at you, BU).

1. UIndy 9-1 (road loss at Ill-Springfield)
    2. Truman 7-3 (road losses at USI, UIndy, and Drury)
    3. Bellarmine 4-6 (home losses vs Truman, SBU, and UIndy, road losses at Rockhurst, William Jewell, and Ill-Springfield)
    4. Ferris State 7-3 (home loss vs Northwood, road losses at Ashland and Mich Tech)
    5. Grand Valley 7-3 (home losses vs Ashland and Northern Mich, road loss at Northwood)
    6. Missouri-St. Louis 7-3 (road losses at USI, Truman, and Quincy)
    7. Southern Indiana 9-1 (road loss at UMSL)
    8. Michigan Tech 6-4 (road losses at GVSU, Northwood, SVSU, and Ferris)
    9. Davenport 6-4 (home losses vs Northern Mich, Mich Tech, and Ashland, road loss at Michigan Tech)
    10. Findlay 9-1 (road loss at Walsh)
    ______
    Drury 7-3 (road losses at Bellarmine, SBU, and UIndy)

Leave a comment:

• KnightStalker
    replied
    Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post

Last night probably just swapped the DUs in the region -- Drury in, Davenport out. This is the first year I can recall where, outside of earning the #1 seed to be able to host, there's really no care about seeding. I think the GLVC tourney will be the same way - - any team that gets in has just as good of chance to winning three games as the other seven teams in the field.
    Only difference is the GLVC #1 seed really is no benefit, especially if the #8 ends up being Drury who is the hottest team in the league. On a neutral floor any of these teams can beat each other. I really think the committee should give a lot of credence to the conference tourneys this year. There is so much balance especially in the GLVC, the tourney will really show who deserves a bid and who should be #1.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X