• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Midwest Regional

Bu 74
    uf 59

USI 62
    Lewis 61
    Last edited by glvcpro; 03-17-2019, 08:22 PM.

Comment

All GLVC regional final.

Comment

That first half was a comedy of crap to watch...Lewis turnovers and USI shooting

Comment

Comment

Silky Disturbed Stan Gerard back from selling peanuts in Tennessee. Give it up Gerard. Watson did a great job tonight in setting up a final play and USI wins. Not Watson's fault you were fired from USI radio for being completely a bozo with Darin Smith. Get back on your medication Gerard.

Comment

Not a fan of the USI coaching staff, but always a USI Eagles fan.

I must give the staff and the players kudos for the win last night...I didn't expect it! Tomorrows game will be difficult, especially if Eberhard is back to full strength. No matter who wins the E8 will have a hometown feel as both BU & USI have local players on their rosters.

Comment

Congrats to USI for reaching it's first regional final in a long time. Congrats to BU for reaching it's 7th regional final in the past 11 years.
                AE's 30 points just sent a shot heard all over the D2 world. The Knights are back to full strength.

Comment

I expect this regional final to be a barnburner.
                  Looking back over the USI/BU series this year...many great moments. The rivalry has been very strong this season!

12/1 at USI
                  USI finds themselves in trouble at home against nationally ranked #1 BU, down 46-34 at the half. USI chips away, eventually taking a 1 point lead 79-78 with 1:56 to go. All hell breaks loose, USI goes cold again, hitting only one free throw to finish the game, Watson gets ejected, and the Screaming Eagles lose 80-92.

2/2 at Bellarmine
                  USI has a bad taste in their mouth from the last match with BU. They come out hot against the still-#1 Knights, opening the game with 7 straight unanswered points. They are HOT, leading by as many as 18 points in the first half. Halftime score 41-33. Bellarmine, not ready to give up, despite having some key players with injuries, whittles the margin down to 1 point twice with 7:57 and 4:07 remaining, but can't get over the hump. USI breaks BU's 67-game home winning streak with a final 80-76.

3/19 GLVC semifinals
                  This game looks like the opposite of the previous match. Screaming Eagles just can't seem to find their shot...down 14 at the half (39-25), the Eagles show grit again to pull back within 1 point twice with 8:04 and 5:24 on the clock. BU finishes strong, coming out with a 67-61 final score.

3/19 Midwest Region finals
                  Anything can happen...With finals being played in Evansville, both teams have a lot on the line to play the Elite 8 as the "home team".

Comment

I don't believe in jinxes, so I'll just say it...BU is not the same team that USI saw the last two times. If the Knights play well, they win going away. I give USI credit for two gritty wins, but they made up for a lack of execution with determination, which is great, but won't be enough against BU. BU wins 80-65.

Comment

Massey's updated again. Has BU #2 and USI has rocketed up to #6.
                      Matchup shows BU winning 77-69, 75% chance.

Comment

The Massey ratings really show how difficult it is to win the Midwest and Central regions. If you look at USI's tournament path and the ratings for its opponents thus far, it looks more like what you would expect at the elite 8.

Comment

Eagles

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                            I don't believe in jinxes, so I'll just say it...BU is not the same team that USI saw the last two times. If the Knights play well, they win going away. I give USI credit for two gritty wins, but they made up for a lack of execution with determination, which is great, but won't be enough against BU. BU wins 80-65.
                            You were saying about BU winning 80-65? USI shows the toughness tonight and BU folds like a cheap lawn chair.

Comment

Congrats to USI. Win one for the GLVC.

Comment

The Evansville Sports Corp. has their greatest dream come true now. USI will definitely have a home court advantage at the Ford Center in Evansville. I would venture to say that if they make it to the Finals the game will probably sell out. Even their first round game at the Ford Center is probably going to be well attended if not sold out. DJ Silky Panties will have nothing to whine about now unless USI Loses in the first round of the Elite 8, which is doubtful considering their momentum.
                                Last edited by alumnifan; 03-19-2019, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X