X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Re: 2019 Midwest Regional

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
      I don't believe in jinxes, so I'll just say it...BU is not the same team that USI saw the last two times. If the Knights play well, they win going away. I give USI credit for two gritty wins, but they made up for a lack of execution with determination, which is great, but won't be enough against BU. BU wins 80-65.
      Wow you were just a tad off... actually way off...Stein showed who is the main man.

Comment

You are delusional.

Comment

Belmont and Fairleigh Dickinson both got their first NCAA D1 Tourney wins tonight. So, when ya'll movin' up???

Comment

USI should move to DI. They have a much larger University than UE. If the Screaming Eagles win big at the Elite 8, there will be talk of USI moving to DI.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
              USI should move to DI. They have a much larger University than UE. If the Screaming Eagles win big at the Elite 8, there will be talk of USI moving to DI.
              What would a realistic timeline be for USI to move to Division I? I would assume 3 years minimum, but I am not familiar with what all must happen.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                  Watson is now coach for life at USI.

Woo hoo! Wod to the E8!
                  That's the only positive in the situation. USI fans are stuck with Watson til he decides to retire.

As for going D1, they're following the exact same path NKU did. Build a big new arena, play in it a year or two, jump to D1. There's no other reason a public D2 school would pump THAT much money into that arena

Comment

2019 NCAA DIVISION II ELITE EIGHT
                    March 27, 28 & 30 at Ford Center, Evansville, Ind.

Wednesday, March 27 (Teams reseeded following regional championship games)
                    #4 Nova Southeastern (29-3) vs. #5 Saint Anselm (25-5), 12 p.m., CT
                    #1 Northwest Missouri State (35-0) vs. #8 Mercyhurst (26-7), 2:30 p.m., CT
                    #2 West Texas A&M (34-3) vs. #7 Southern Indiana (25-8), 6 p.m., CT
                    #3 Queens, N.C. (31-4) vs. #6 Point Loma (29-4), 8:30 p.m., CT

Thursday, March 28
                    #1-8 winner vs. #4-5 winner, 6 p.m., CT
                    #2-7 winner vs. #3-6 winner, 8:30 p.m., CT

Saturday, March 30 (National championship game, live on CBS)
                    Championship game 2 p.m., CT
                    Last edited by schnautza; 03-20-2019, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                      2019 NCAA DIVISION II ELITE EIGHT
                      March 27, 28 & 30 at Fort Center, Evansville, Ind.

Wednesday, March 27 (Teams reseeded following regional championship games)
                      #4 Nova Southeastern (29-3) vs. #5 Saint Anselm (25-5), 12 p.m., CT
                      #1 Northwest Missouri State (35-0) vs. #8 Mercyhurst (26-7), 2:30 p.m., CT
                      #2 West Texas A&M (34-3) vs. #7 Southern Indiana (25-8), 6 p.m., CT
                      #3 Queens, N.C. (31-4) vs. #6 Point Loma (29-4), 8:30 p.m., CT

Thursday, March 28
                      #1-8 winner vs. #4-5 winner, 6 p.m., CT
                      #2-7 winner vs. #3-6 winner, 8:30 p.m., CT

Saturday, March 30 (National championship game, live on CBS)
                      Championship game 2 p.m., CT
                      The structure of the game times doesn't make sense to me. Why is the #1 seed playing in the second game on Wednesday and therefore has a shorter rest period than the winner of the #4/#5 game? The later session has it right with the higher seed playing the first game.

Comment

Let's simulate the tournament with Massey, considering USI's games to be "home" games instead of neutral.

#4 Nova Southeastern 91 vs. #5 Saint Anselm 88, 58%
                        #1 Northwest Missouri State 71 vs. #8 Mercyhurst 55, 92%
                        #2 West Texas A&M 79 at #7 Southern Indiana 77, 57% (I smell an upset on this one!!!)
                        #3 Queens, N.C. 78 vs. #6 Point Loma 81, 57%

Thursday, March 28
                        #1 Northwest Missouri State 91 vs. #4 Nova Southeastern 79, 86%
                        #2 West Texas A&M 77 vs. #6 Point Loma 74, 59%

Saturday, March 30
                        #1 Northwest Missouri State 78 vs. #2 West Texas A&M 69, 80%

For the sake of argument, if USI pulls off the WT upset, that makes the remaining games look like this:

#6 Point Loma 74 at #7 Southern Indiana 75, 52%
                        and then
                        #1 Northwest Missouri State 78 at #7 Southern Indiana 67, 84%

Comment

Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
                          You were saying about BU winning 80-65? USI shows the toughness tonight and BU folds like a cheap lawn chair.
                          You are right. I must eat crow. BU definitely folded.

You are, however, perpetually rude.

Comment

Comment

I'd agree that Watson was lucky to get Stein. However, I'll also go out on a limb here in saying that with USI winning the regional (potentially winning a couple more?), building a new stadium, and the EVV Sports Corp locking in the E8 in Evansville until 2022, we may see a better recruiting class coming in next season. Not necessarily saying that Watson has anything to do with it, but there are a lot of factors there that make USIBB pretty attractive to prospective athletes.

Comment

We got 2 starters already in the fold with the redshirt Simmons, who should be an absolute monster in this league. And then the Carpenter kid who has nice size and can stretch defenses with his outside shot. Coyle redshirting allows him to be game ready and he will provide depth at the guard. We should be damn good next year.

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                                I'd agree that Watson was lucky to get Stein. However, I'll also go out on a limb here in saying that with USI winning the regional (potentially winning a couple more?), building a new stadium, and the EVV Sports Corp locking in the E8 in Evansville until 2022, we may see a better recruiting class coming in next season. Not necessarily saying that Watson has anything to do with it, but there are a lot of factors there that make USIBB pretty attractive to prospective athletes.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X