Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Regional Rankings

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
    It is a knock at your conference and rightfully so. You can be mad, frustrated, complain, etc, but the bottom line is your conference is as bad as they come. KWC played 2 good teams all year and lost both games.
    By that same high standard, then Quincy has only played 3 good teams and were 0-3 against them. KWC fans shouldn't get too worked up about missing the regional entirely unless upsets happen in the GLVC or GLIAC tournaments. KWC could drop farther but there is absolutely no way they drop below a 9 loss Truman State team. That's what would have to happen to keep them out unless Ashland, Indianapolis, or someone outside the top 7 wins the GLVC or GLIAC.

Comment

The regional rankings are computer generated....not sure all parameters .....but guessing one is SOS.

Comment

False. They consider some computer calculated criteria. If the full rankings were computer generated you would not need a committee, you'd just have a guy to enter the game results each week and click the "generate" button.

Comment

Prediction
          Bell
          Ferris
          Kdubz
          Usi
          Finlady
          Quincy
          Uwp
          Assland

Comment

Quincy it is

Comment

1. BU
              2. Ferris
              3. USI
              4. KWC
              5. Quincy
              6. Findlay
              7. Truman
              8. UWP

This is closer to my modified PI than the original one, though in both cases UWP/Truman is switched.

Comment

Yep. Bellarmine on Sunday if we win. (probably)

Comment

Fantastic draw for USI!

Comment

For anyone that might care. Northern is now the highest seed remaining in the Horizon tournament.

Comment

• Re: 2017 Regional Rankings

So USI gets Findlay followed by a bus ride home.
                      Just kidding. (Sort of.) They'll be followed by the winner of Ferris/Truman.
                      I'm sure USI has a bit of a grudge against Truman at this point and would love to get some revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                        So USI gets Findlay followed by a bus ride home.
                        Just kidding. (Sort of.) They'll be followed by the winner of Ferris/Truman.
                        I'm sure USI has a bit of a grudge against Truman at this point and would love to get some revenge.
                        WoD needs to concentrate on doubling his career NCAA win total.

Comment

You got that right. I'm getting really hungry for these guys to get a postseason win or two.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                            You got that right. I'm getting really hungry for these guys to get a postseason win or two.
                            Your team may have an easier game than you think. Findlay doesn't play well on the road.

Comment

1. BU
                              2. Ferris
                              3. USI
                              4. KWC
                              5. Quincy
                              6. Findlay
                              7. Truman
                              8. UWP

My tournament prediction:

BU over UWP (familiarity is the key here)
                              Ferris over Truman (I think Truman got lucky in the USI game)
                              USI over Findlay (based on what the UF guys are saying, this game will be a struggle for Findlay)
                              KWC over Quincy (This one is a toss-up to me)

BU over KWC (Sorry, Panthers, but home court advantage is strong here)
                              USI over Ferris (This is the big upset, but I'm considering that USI will probably have the "home crowd" and they've played many times on that floor. Also, early in the season, USI handled Ashland with ease, and Ferris struggled to put them away in the end. I know, that's not really a valid reason. But whatever. I'm optimistic.)

BU over USI (single digit loss for USI. Our 3-ball keeps the game close and we choke in the end)

Comment

Your picks are not at all far-fetched.

KWC vs. Quincy is a very interesting game. Looking through Quincy's box scores for the season it is obvious that they rely heavily on their bigs. We've played teams that are very guard heavy pretty exclusively this season, so it's going to be interesting to see how we respond against a team that's more inside oriented. I do believe it is a game we can win, and our best chance is going to rely on getting Tagarelli in foul trouble and making Quincy limit his minutes. I'm hoping our athleticism will bother him, with guys like Harris, Williams, and Stanford guarding him.

If we do get past Quincy, and assuming Parkside doesn't throw the whole thing on its head by beating the Knights, I tend to agree that beating BU is going to be a long shot for KWC (or anyone else, for that matter). To say home court advantage is strong for them is an understatement. You can bet, though, that whether it's KWC or Quincy, whatever team BU plays in the second round will give them their best shot.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X