Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: G-MAC All-Sports and Conference Business Thread

Originally posted by UFSwimDad View Post
    Having looked at the map that was provided to is on here, ( thank you by the way) I have toggled off everything except D2 schools and it's striking to me how Ashland is now on an island, assuming Tiffin is in fact joining the GMAC,with the closest conference foe being in Michigan. I cannot help but think that that has to weigh on their minds. If you could bring in a group that includes Ashland, UINDY, Bellarmine, Tiffin and a good football school in WV, that would certainly go a long way in helping football. Might even take a second WV school since this would most likely fource TVN out. Has anyone heard of any NAIA schools getting their papers in order?
    We know that Tiffin is definitely considering it (even sending an email to their alumni confirming it). Also, the Ashland AD was quoted as saying that they would certainly have to consider the G-MAC if it becomes a "viable conference." I had a link to the Ashland quote in this thread prior to the whole message board crashing. I just looked for the newspaper article, but couldn't find it. Its out there somewhere. So, those two are very realistic. If you could get UIndy (or another football school), that would bring it to 11 football schools (10 conference games). Do you need any more conference games than that?

Comment

Yeah, 10 is good. :)

Comment

Found it (or something similar)

Ashland Football Coach Lee Owens said he recently met with Ashland President Dr. Carlos Campo and was told the university should watch the G-MAC's growth. He said if the G-MAC becomes a solid league and if it's a good fit for all of Ashland's teams, the university should consider taking a look at it.

Canton Repository 2/8/2016

Comment

A Tiffin move would definetly give Ashland a reason to "take a look at it".

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
            We know that Tiffin is definitely considering it (even sending an email to their alumni confirming it). Also, the Ashland AD was quoted as saying that they would certainly have to consider the G-MAC if it becomes a "viable conference." I had a link to the Ashland quote in this thread prior to the whole message board crashing. I just looked for the newspaper article, but couldn't find it. Its out there somewhere. So, those two are very realistic. If you could get UIndy (or another football school), that would bring it to 11 football schools (10 conference games). Do you need any more conference games than that?
            Forgive me. I tend to lose count of teams! Also, wanted to include teams in WV as to perhaps sweeten the deal😁.

Quick note I just read where Witcha State may be leaving the MVC for the AAC. Maybe Southern Indiana would actually think of moving up? Just a thought

Comment

Opening G-MAC series:

CU baseball splits Fri/Sat DHs with Malone, 2 games each.

CU softball sweeps Malone - 4 games.

Comment

Forgive me. I tend to lose count of teams! Also, wanted to include teams in WV as to perhaps sweeten the deal.

Quick note I just read where Witcha State may be leaving the MVC for the AAC. Maybe Southern Indiana would actually think of moving up? Just a thought
                Hey UF Swim Dad, given your location, your daughter had to have hosted my daughter when she did her overnight in Findlay last September (as she stayed with two Fishers girls) and signed shortly thereafter. I stumbled across this forum tonight as I stumbled across the move from GLIAC to GMAC and I'm not sure that I like what I see. The conference seems weak with regard to swimming. I know that Findlay was towards the bottom of GLIAC, but I am honestly wondering how competitive GMAC is going to be. Given my daughter's times this year, she would have scored points in at least 4 GLIAC conference events. We are nto looking for her to win everything, we are looking for her to improve. I suppose I should look at the GMAC conference finals for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Chitownswimming View Post
                  Hey UF Swim Dad, given your location, your daughter had to have hosted my daughter when she did her overnight in Findlay last September (as she stayed with two Fishers girls) and signed shortly thereafter. I stumbled across this forum tonight as I stumbled across the move from GLIAC to GMAC and I'm not sure that I like what I see. The conference seems weak with regard to swimming. I know that Findlay was towards the bottom of GLIAC, but I am honestly wondering how competitive GMAC is going to be. Given my daughter's times this year, she would have scored points in at least 4 GLIAC conference events. We are nto looking for her to win everything, we are looking for her to improve. I suppose I should look at the GMAC conference finals for this year.
                  Hey that's cool! I am not sure who she hosted as her and her roommate hosted A LOT last fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Chitownswimming View Post
                    As for competition, you could say that about scoring for almost all of our girls. You will not find scores for GMAC as they did not have a swimming conference meet this year, not enough teams to sponser yet. I look at competition this way. One, I think this conference gets faster as it matures because 2) I think with the possible additions of some excellent swim schools in the future will help that. This a major discussion with a lot of the parents during dinners and drinks after the conference meet this year. Yeah the GLIAC is more competitive but I think the GMAC will be fast eventually when all the dominoes fall into place. Pluse, maybe we can just rest the girls at conference knowing that we will still do very well and get them ready to go fast at Nationals! Also, the girls finished 4th behind the big three Michigan schools which is pretty damn good in my opinion

Comment

Also the conference is about Football and Basketball. Just being honest. The hope is that it trickles down to the other sports.

Comment

Saw this on a MIAA thread:
                        Originally posted by DUPanther
                        On a related note, not sure if this is true, but I was recently told by someone who would know that the MIAA schools were going to take a vote at the end of the school year to invite non-football schools in to get to 16 schools and that, if passed, Rockhurst and Drury were on the list to invite.
                        Its all speculation, and on it's surface, it doesn't have anything to do with the G-MAC. However, if the furthest-west schools in the GLVC do leave, it moves the center of that conference considerably eastward and closer to UIndy and BU (eliminating the "G-MAC may have a closer footprint" argument). It also creates a couple openings in the GLVC.

It has been, and may continue to be a "fluid situation".

Comment

Saw this on a MIAA thread:

Its all speculation, and on it's surface, it doesn't have anything to do with the G-MAC. However, if the furthest-west schools in the GLVC do leave, it moves the center of that conference considerably eastward and closer to UIndy and BU (eliminating the "G-MAC may have a closer footprint" argument). It also creates a couple openings in the GLVC.

It has been, and may continue to be a "fluid situation".
                          Interesting for sure. Puts UINDY and Bellarmine in a good situation. I would think that if anything happens it will be May or June

Comment

After looking at the map, one could still say that the better geographical footprint would be the GMAC. Also, it sounds like the MIAA adding those two schools is kinda remote.

Comment

Found it (or something similar)

Ashland Football Coach Lee Owens said he recently met with Ashland President Dr. Carlos Campo and was told the university should watch the G-MAC's growth. He said if the G-MAC becomes a solid league and if it's a good fit for all of Ashland's teams, the university should consider taking a look at it.

Canton Repository 2/8/2016
                              The operative word is "if" ... even so, as last as last year, Ashland remained committed to the GLIAC. I would be stunned if they bailed for the G-MAC, to be perfectly honest.
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Having looked at the map that was provided to is on here, ( thank you by the way) I have toggled off everything except D2 schools and it's striking to me how Ashland is now on an island, assuming Tiffin is in fact joining the GMAC,with the closest conference foe being in Michigan. I cannot help but think that that has to weigh on their minds. If you could bring in a group that includes Ashland, UINDY, Bellarmine, Tiffin and a good football school in WV, that would certainly go a long way in helping football. Might even take a second WV school since this would most likely fource TVN out. Has anyone heard of any NAIA schools getting their papers in order?
                                Trevecca is almost in a no-win situation as far as finding the perfect conference - at least geographically - is concerned. If, for whatever reason, the G-MAC doesn't work out for TNU, what options are there? They're too far west to be a fit for the South Atlantic Conference and I would argue they're almost too far north for the Gulf South.
                                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X