X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For 9
    replied
    Re: G-MAC All-Sports and Conference Business Thread

got me.. you found one..any others? Not sure their kids enjoy their conference.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Come on Looking - this is easy bar trivia. Presbyterian.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

Explain why you think big state schools are more D2 than say G-MAC schools. Who are the little schools (under 2000) that are D1 ?

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
    I also am very happy with the G-MAC and the future. Let the fake D2 schools (big state schools) have their conferences and we will have a fun fair experience.
    This is a common mistake that people make.

My school is D2. Any school bigger than mine should be D1. Any school smaller than mine should be NAIA or D3.

"Big" state schools are as much or more "D2" as Kentucky Wesleyan is.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
    CU softball has an 8-game conference winning streak going.
    10 games (sorry AB). Admittedly, they haven't played TNU during the streak. Go Jackets.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

BTW - the conference has not updated the expansion tracker, the conference history or the mileage chart since the Tiffin announcement (they were pretty quick to update those during prior expansions). Might be a good sign that another shoe may drop. Or, it might be nothing.

---

CU baseball is still sputtering, but CU softball has an 8-game conference winning streak going.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

I also am very happy with the G-MAC and the future. Let the fake D2 schools (big state schools) have their conferences and we will have a fun fair experience.

Leave a comment:

• UFSwimDad
    replied

I am very happy with how this is shaping up. Quality schools in most every sport! I say keep call all schools to gauge interest. EVERY conference does and are most likely are currently making inquiries no matter what people say. It's the way of the land now a days

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

So far*, I think this conference has displayed a togetherness and a "one for all, all for one" mentality. Underdogs don't usually rise unless they do. I hope it stays that way.

*and specifically post-MEC raid, post NAIA rejections. There were some dark days there.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

UFSwimDad - me too. I wasted way too much time on that.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    If so, why add Alderson Broaddus, Central State, Davis & Elkins, Ohio Valley and Salem International, and even extended an invite to Bluefield State at one point??? They don't fit the theory.
    Yeah, I'm admittedly probably way off base.

Leave a comment:

• UFSwimDad
    replied

I may have gone of the deep end.

Do you think there was ever a plan for two new private school D2 conferences, not just one? Here's what got me thinking. The G-MAC is essentially turning into the All-Ohio D2 conference that was envisioned 10 years ago. Its the same group schools. KWC and TNU knew about that vision, knew how many OH schools were possible, yet joined anyway. They also knew that there is a severe lack of current D2s in between them and the Ohio schools. So, there weren't and still aren't a lot of expansion targets in their area.

Much like the NAIA AMC conference schools had a plan to go D2 and re-create their conference in D2, is it possible that the TN/KY NAIA schools had the same vision? TN schools TNU, Union, and Lee recently transitioned from NAIA to D2. Shorter (GA) did too and is just over the TN border. We know that MSC schools G-town and Cumberland applied. Quite a few of us thought that others would likely follow them, as the MSC more or less imploded. If you add all those schools up (and include KWC and maybe Christian Brothers), you get a really nice group of smaller, private, mostly faith-based TN/KY schools. Its a southern version of the G-MAC. Instead of private schools temporarily being in the "big school" GLIAC, you have private schools temporarily being in the "big school" GSC.

The schools who originally started creating the G-MAC (CU, UC, NDC and Urbana) were in a holding pattern until the conference was set up and the private GLIAC schools were ready to leave the GLIAC. I'm staring to wonder if TNU was in the same holding pattern - and the G-MAC was prepared to sponsor/"hold" schools from both OH and KY/TN (including TNU, Cumberland and G-town) until all the pieces were in place.

I wonder if the only thing that halted the plan was the G-town / Cumberland denials.

Union, Lee, Christian Brothers, Shorter, Cumberland, TNU, KWC, Georgetown, Campbellsville, L-W, Cumberlands, Pikeville, etc?

I want this to happen not because it would be a good thing for all involved, rather because of the great lengths you went to come up with this hypothesis! I mean if it were to become true, you sir have a gift!

Leave a comment:

• JDonAB92
    replied

If so, why add Alderson Broaddus, Central State, Davis & Elkins, Ohio Valley and Salem International, and even extended an invite to Bluefield State at one point??? They don't fit the theory.

Leave a comment:

• ABjo
    replied

Fire away - tell me I've gone completly nuts.
    Ha! :) Who the heck knows! You may be spot on... I highly doubt it, but stranger things have happened.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Fire away - tell me I've gone completly nuts.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X