X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFSwimDad
    replied
    Re: G-MAC All-Sports and Conference Business Thread

@UF_TracknField with 12 total All-Americans as the Indoor National Championships come to a close. Read: bit.ly/2nbtMWq

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Cedarville's Carsyn Koch - 800M National Champion! Go Jackets!

Last edited by BlueBlood; 03-11-2017, 04:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Originally posted by UFSwimDad View Post
    Read through the PSAC thread about possible school closings. It appears to be three schools plus some PSU extension schools that I believe are D3. I would assume that to fill in, they would look hard at the WV schools? Makes sense. Would the WV schools in the GMAC prefer the PSAC?
    It's all just speculation right now. There are lots of different theories going around. However, it is clear that consolidations and/or closings are at least being analyzed by the Commonwealth. Georgia recently went through this (and actually is implementing the recommended consolidations).

Leave a comment:

• UFSwimDad
    replied

http://athletics.findlay.edu/sports/...20170310y0qs35
    Multiple All Americans yesterday for UF in wrestling! Great time to be an Oiler!

Leave a comment:

• UFSwimDad
    replied

Read through the PSAC thread about possible school closings. It appears to be three schools plus some PSU extension schools that I believe are D3. I would assume that to fill in, they would look hard at the WV schools? Makes sense. Would the WV schools in the GMAC prefer the PSAC?

Leave a comment:

• UFSwimDad
    replied

Findlay Senior Meri Cizmar qualified third this morning in the 200 Back. Another All American award for the taking tonight!

Leave a comment:

• UFSwimDad
    replied

Congrats to UF women's 400 Medley Relay on their 11th place finish and to Meri Cizmar for finishing 8th in the 100 Back! All- Americans!

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Cedarville ladies finish third at Nationals in Distance Medley Relay. Go Jackets!

Leave a comment:

• UFSwimDad
    replied

UF baseball lost there first game of the season to a tough St Joe team , 4-0. Oilers 9-1 on the young season

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

CU baseball and softball are off to rough starts.

Baseball - 0-8. There are several 1 and 2 run losses in there, and its a younger team, so I guess there is still some hope. They lost P Garrett Baker and CF David Lenhardt to graduation and, unfortunately, INF Drew Johnson transferred to Lee University.

Softball - 4-6. Not a great record, but some of those losses were against ranked teams. Also, they seem to be playing a lot of players in the Spring, so I think the standard starting lineup may be better than the record reflects right now (of course, they aren't the only team doing that). Wait and see.

Note: There is a difference between the baseball and softball schedules. The guys are playing a lot of FL and GA teams that are several games into their season. The ladies are playing mostly northern teams that are also starting their seasons. 0-8 is still 0-8 though.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Originally posted by ABjo View Post
    I, absolutely, mean this with ZERO disrespect to TNU, but I hope they do go. I just think it's the best move for everyone. Their travel schedule has to be brutal on those kids.
    That's pretty much what I think too.

TNU: They are a southern school and if you listen to their radio show - their AD and coaches keep referencing that. The GSC was a heavily public university league when TNU first came into the NCAA. Look now. Their recent adds have been private schools (some without football). Now UNA is going D1 (and there are rumors that others large public GSC schools may follow). As referenced in my earlier post, there is lots of moving/restructuring going on down south right now.

G-MAC: This would take the burden away of trying to add far-flung schools that really only benefit one school. The G-MAC could focus on East/West. It looks like Cedarville and ODU become the moveable pieces if you do East/West. If you add 3 out west, (Example: UIndy, BU and one of Tiffin, Thomas More, or an IN NAIA), then you can try to add 2 additional WV schools and CED/ODU play in the west. If you add 4 in the west and 1 additional in WV, then you spit CED and ODU*. If you add 5 out west, then CED/ODU play in the east.

Crazy Wildcard: The PSAC site has a pretty active thread going regarding the possible restructuring of the PA State University System. Lots of discussion regarding combining/merging campuses, schools closing, campuses becoming part of Penn State or Pitt systems, West Chester and one western school leaving the system, etc. Not sure how all of that would effect Mercyhurst, Gannon and Seton Hill (who are old friends of some current/future G-MAC members). That's probably some really far off and unlikely stuff, but interesting nonetheless.

---------
    * The idea of splitting CED and ODU seems wrong at first, because they are close geographically. However, If you add 1 more WV school, then the East becomes 4 Eastern OH schools and 4 WV schools, which seems nicely balanced. That would give the West 4 adds - which seems like enough to close the KWC gap.
    Last edited by BlueBlood; 03-09-2017, 07:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BlueBlood
    replied

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
    Money and weather not being an issue I think long road trips can be good for the kids. Seeing different parts of the country, cities, bonding etc. I know it has been good for the KWC football team.
    I've said many times that I think Cedarville benefits from a multi-state conference footprint. However, TNU's situation is different. Remember, they are the Nazarene college for students from the Southeastern corner of the country. They play every league road game outside the zone they draw students from.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

Money and weather not being an issue I think long road trips can be good for the kids. Seeing different parts of the country, cities, bonding etc. I know it has been good for the KWC football team.

Leave a comment:

• ABjo
    replied

I, absolutely, mean this with ZERO disrespect to TNU, but I hope they do go. I just think it's the best move for everyone. Their travel schedule has to be brutal on those kids.

Leave a comment:

• UFSwimDad
    replied

I think the writing on the wall was already somewhat there with the addition of the Ohio schools, St Joe closing and a possible grab of Bellarmine and UINDY, zero mention of any of the Tenn or KY NAIA schools applying for D2 status, and the probable addition of Tiffin. Being new to both the conference and this board, while I feel bad, I just think expansion is going more east/west. Perhaps it bodes well for additional WV schools while leaving open the opportunity for some of the Indiana NAIA schools to make the move?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X