Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GNAC Recruiting Thread 2019-20

Great answer, Hoosier. I like the idea of redshirting for academic and athletic development, just seems like today kids either aren't patient enough or just use that year for transfer purposes.

Comment

CWU just hauled in a 6'8" 250 lb D2 transfer from Wheeling Jesuit in Tariq Woody. Last season as a freshman he averaged 12.4 points and 6.7 rebounds per game. With him and Kevin Baker, and 6'9" Hayden Nelson in reserve, CWU should be all set for their front court.

https://wildcatsports.com/news/2019/...riq-woody.aspx

Freshman highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ueSBCZtMmU

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
        CWU just hauled in a 6'8" 250 lb D2 transfer from Wheeling Jesuit in Tariq Woody. Last season as a freshman he averaged 12.4 points and 6.7 rebounds per game. With him and Kevin Baker, and 6'9" Hayden Nelson in reserve, CWU should be all set for their front court.

https://wildcatsports.com/news/2019/...riq-woody.aspx

Freshman highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ueSBCZtMmU
        Wow, CWU is stockpiling the big bodies. That's hard enough to do in D1, let alone D2. The Wheeling Jesuit guy sounds tough. I think Rinta knows what he's doing, certainly on the recruiting trail.

Size-wise, WOU is woefully tiny right now.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
          Wow, CWU is stockpiling the big bodies. That's hard enough to do in D1, let alone D2. The Wheeling Jesuit guy sounds tough. I think Rinta knows what he's doing, certainly on the recruiting trail.

Size-wise, WOU is woefully tiny right now.
          Here are the current LOIs on file with the GNAC office:

Alaska Anchorage

Central Washington
          Marqus Gilson (Saratoga Springs, UT)
          Micah Pollard (Tacoma, WA)
          Kevin Baker (Kent, WA)
          Rayvaughn Bolton (Kent, WA)

Concordia

Montana State Billings
          Clarence Daniels (Columbia Heights, MN)
          Chrishon Dixon (Billings, MT)

Northwest Nazarene
          Christian Rose (San Diego, CA)

St. Martin's
          Jose Serrano (San Diego, CA)
          Kenneth Curtis (Seattle, WA)

Seattle Pacific
          Shaw Anderson (Kelso, WA)
          Zackry Paulsen (University Place, WA)
          Clayton Whitman (Lynden, WA)

Simon Fraser
          Matthew Kiatipis (Mount Albert, Ontario)

Western Oregon
          Zachary Baugher (Albany, OR)
          Emanuel Gant (Mesa, AZ)

Western Washington

Comment

Originally posted by MrGNAC View Post
            Here are the current LOIs on file with the GNAC office:

Alaska Anchorage

Central Washington
            Marqus Gilson (Saratoga Springs, UT)
            Micah Pollard (Tacoma, WA)
            Kevin Baker (Kent, WA)
            Rayvaughn Bolton (Kent, WA)

Concordia

Montana State Billings
            Clarence Daniels (Columbia Heights, MN)
            Chrishon Dixon (Billings, MT)

Northwest Nazarene
            Christian Rose (San Diego, CA)

St. Martin's
            Jose Serrano (San Diego, CA)
            Kenneth Curtis (Seattle, WA)

Seattle Pacific
            Shaw Anderson (Kelso, WA)
            Zackry Paulsen (University Place, WA)
            Clayton Whitman (Lynden, WA)

Simon Fraser
            Matthew Kiatipis (Mount Albert, Ontario)

Western Oregon
            Zachary Baugher (Albany, OR)
            Emanuel Gant (Mesa, AZ)

Western Washington
            Great stuff, thanks for the updates. Rinta is killing it on the recruiting trail, IMO.

Comment

SPU and CWU both have good classes so far. SPU's Anderson and Paulsen both had offers from CWU but went with the Falcons

Comment

I would agree that SPU and CWU are looking to be on track for next season out of the gates this spring. I know it was a tough season for CWU, but I thought there was a lot of potential in what they had and if they are getting some more bigs to help Poquette, I think they will be in the mix again next year.

Looks like the Oregon schools are going to be the huge questions marks. WOU has plenty of good players on it's roster, so its not like the cupboards are empty for somebody coming in-Hawken still has a year, Lubom is young, Collins too... I thought Shaw was a great coach in games, but the coming and going of so many players would seem to be a bit unsustainable.

Problem programs? UAF. It's quiet right now. I smell some problems and think the way things are going, those problems are going to impede recruiting and trying to climb out of the basement next season. Also interestingly, a few of Durham's own recruits are leaving MSUB. Starter Newbern and his little bro are headed out. I liked Newbern. Terashima, backup PG also is parting ways with MSUB and that was a blow too. He gave good minutes in games to backup Green at point. Mick is a good recruiter and still has the big pieces in place and he'll get some good ones to come in, but it was not encouraging to see Terashima and Newbern depart...

Withholding judgement on any other schools right now. UAA, WWU, SMU, NNU and SFU all have some decent pieces in place and coaches that have not announced going anywhere, so are positioned as well as anybody else... I strongly suspect there will be a few more coaching changes.

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
                  I would agree that SPU and CWU are looking to be on track for next season out of the gates this spring. I know it was a tough season for CWU, but I thought there was a lot of potential in what they had and if they are getting some more bigs to help Poquette, I think they will be in the mix again next year.

Looks like the Oregon schools are going to be the huge questions marks. WOU has plenty of good players on it's roster, so its not like the cupboards are empty for somebody coming in-Hawken still has a year, Lubom is young, Collins too... I thought Shaw was a great coach in games, but the coming and going of so many players would seem to be a bit unsustainable.

Problem programs? UAF. It's quiet right now. I smell some problems and think the way things are going, those problems are going to impede recruiting and trying to climb out of the basement next season. Also interestingly, a few of Durham's own recruits are leaving MSUB. Starter Newbern and his little bro are headed out. I liked Newbern. Terashima, backup PG also is parting ways with MSUB and that was a blow too. He gave good minutes in games to backup Green at point. Mick is a good recruiter and still has the big pieces in place and he'll get some good ones to come in, but it was not encouraging to see Terashima and Newbern depart...

Withholding judgement on any other schools right now. UAA, WWU, SMU, NNU and SFU all have some decent pieces in place and coaches that have not announced going anywhere, so are positioned as well as anybody else... I strongly suspect there will be a few more coaching changes.
                  Shaw officially gone, classy exit on his departure/press release. WOU might be in a slight rebuild mode next year, some good players back, three promising frosh have left, including one really good one in Baker. I've come to understand the ups and downs of WOU sports and know that the Bergeson/Shaw eras might not have a third great coach in a row. Hopefully they can get a good coach hired in a month and get some recruiting done, desperately need some size, right now CWU seems to be the early winner in the recruiting sweepstakes.

Comment

Shaw officially gone, classy exit on his departure/press release. WOU might be in a slight rebuild mode next year, some good players back, three promising frosh have left, including one really good one in Baker. I've come to understand the ups and downs of WOU sports and know that the Bergeson/Shaw eras might not have a third great coach in a row. Hopefully they can get a good coach hired in a month and get some recruiting done, desperately need some size, right now CWU seems to be the early winner in the recruiting sweepstakes.
                    You might know differently, but verbal commits is reporting that Baker submitted his transfer paperwork.

Comment

You might know differently, but verbal commits is reporting that Baker submitted his transfer paperwork.
                      Yeah, posted that earlier, bummer, dude is talented.

Comment

Comment

Great get for UAA. I'm envious of the height, tough to find quality 6-8 guys in the GNAC.

Comment

Great get for UAA. I'm envious of the height, tough to find quality 6-8 guys in the GNAC.
                            Rusty has made good use of the Dimond HS pipeline.

Comment

Rusty has made good use of the Dimond HS pipeline.

Comment

Just watched Hoosier's highlights, very nice. Big body, nice mid-range jumper, good feel for the game. He'll really help UAA.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X