Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Re: GNAC Recruiting Thread 2019-20

I love the redshirt option for any freshman, UAA would be wise to do that since he's from Anchorage he most likely doesn't profile as one of these 2/3 school guys, transferring every year. I think he'll be an outstanding player in the GNAC.

Comment

CWU just picked up a D1 transfer from NAU in Davon Bolton. Last season at NAU he averaged 5.2 points in 14.7 minutes per game. In two junior college seasons at Eastern Arizona, he averaged nearly 19 points and over 3 assists per game and shot nearly 40% from 3-point range, being named All-American Honorable Mention. Davon is from Cleveland HS in Seattle. https://nauathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3876

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
          CWU just picked up a D1 transfer from NAU in Davon Bolton. Last season at NAU he averaged 5.2 points in 14.7 minutes per game. In two junior college seasons at Eastern Arizona, he averaged nearly 19 points and over 3 assists per game and shot nearly 40% from 3-point range, being named All-American Honorable Mention. Davon is from Cleveland HS in Seattle. https://nauathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3876
          Rinta crushing it in the recruiting season, CWU (IMO) having the best overall recruiting right now.

Comment

Comment

I think he is Serbian, if I remember reading that correctly. Great and intense basketball culture there and UAF had a pipeline of Serbians for a few years and they seemed to do well in Alaska (they didn't leave for the sunny beaches of California) and the harsh climate... With a soft spot for Baltic Nation players, I'll say I have a hunch he'll be pretty useful for UAA and helpful in developing your son too... With lots of youngsters this last year and no doubt a pretty disappointing season, UAA will be looking to improve and right now the GNAC looks down (although that could change with dynamite coaching hires in the open schools) so they probably will improve their standing in the league next year.

The agony of silence coming out of UAF is so annoying right now. The women's team has signed several in-state athletes and I hear good things about their new coach and so maybe they will be looking to win more than a game in conference this year (really, they've been awful; but general sense is they've got a stable coaching staff now and have no where to go but up, slowly). There is literally nothing, nada, zip coming to the public from the men's team right now. One would think they may want to reassure their base supporters and community that "something" is happening, since it is now May... Put up a tweet or show a sign of life or just, something??? I've heard some news that is not public at this point, but I just don't get the lack of a sense for PR at all... Of course they could have a dynamite May and make a flurry of announcements and everything will be jolly, but...

Comment

CWU has again looked to Eastern Arizona College for another recruit, this time signing 6'6" guard Amari Stafford. Last season he averaged 10.6 points per game while shooting 41.2% from 3-point range and 92.3% from the charity stripe. Stafford is the third player from Eastern Arizona to join the CWU program this recruiting season.

CWU now has 6 college transfers coming in to just 1 freshman, to try to add some immediate experience to their young roster after recruiting a lot of freshmen last season.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                  CWU has again looked to Eastern Arizona College for another recruit, this time signing 6'6" guard Amari Stafford. Last season he averaged 10.6 points per game while shooting 41.2% from 3-point range and 92.3% from the charity stripe. Stafford is the third player from Eastern Arizona to join the CWU program this recruiting season.

CWU now has 6 college transfers coming in to just 1 freshman, to try to add some immediate experience to their young roster after recruiting a lot of freshmen last season.
                  Rinta killing it on the recruiting trail. I believe 2018-19 GNAC player of the year Adonis Arms also played Arizona JC ball as did his teammate Obi Megwa. Arms averaged around 11 ppg in JC ball, 20 ppg in the GNAC. I think the Arizona JC league is quite good, Megwa damn good, too.

Comment

Comment

Good info, WOU a little behind the 8-ball right now without a coach. But that's OK, I'd rather they take their time and get the right person than rush it for recruiting's sake. Heard four are interviewing, can't confirm it, however. It's going to be difficult to get someone as good as the last two coaches, IMO.

UAA stepping up in the recruiting game, it appears. CWU really taking care of business, IMO, I thought Rinta was a great hire. Sure, these guys still have to play games, but on paper, looks good.

Comment

Eastern Arizona is just dishing out players to the GNAC!

Comment

https://twitter.com/DunkinDion21/sta...26623928213504

CWU reserve guard Andreas Brown is transferring to EOU (NAIA). With all these Juco guards coming to CWU and freshmen like Lewis Pope and Marcus Austin ahead of him too, playing time is slim for him.

Comment

Updated NLOI with GNAC office. It looks like 10/11 teams are on the board with only Concordia with no signees. I'm sure Coach Rhodes is working on that effort a week into his new role:

2019-20 Men's Basketball Letter of Intent Signees
                            Following is a complete list of letters-of-intent on file with the conference office for the 2019-20 school year.

Alaska Anchorage
                            Amari Hale (Portland, OR)
                            Ognjen Pantovic (Price, UT)
                            Keegan Crosby (Seattle, WA)

Alaska Faribanks
                            Alexander Sommerfield (Auburn, WA)

Central Washington
                            Marqus Gilson (Saratoga Springs, UT)
                            Micah Pollard (Tacoma, WA)
                            Kevin Baker (Kent, WA)
                            Rayvaughn Bolton (Kent, WA)
                            Amari Stafford (Portland, OR)

Concordia

Montana State Billings
                            Clarence Daniels (Columbia Heights, MN)
                            Chrishon Dixon (Billings, MT)
                            Ryan Ritchey-Perez (Petaluma, CA)
                            Psalm Maduakor (Carson, CA)

Northwest Nazarene
                            Christian Rose (San Diego, CA)
                            Timothy Tenkley (Olympia, WA)
                            Ezekiel Soumbey-Alley (Tucson, AZ)
                            Brody Steinhart (San Ramon, CA)

St. Martin's
                            Jose Serrano (San Diego, CA)
                            Kenneth Curtis (Seattle, WA)
                            Alexander Clinton (Eleebana, Australia)
                            Brandon Freire (Mittagong, Australia)
                            Alex Schumacherbell (Vancouver, WA)
                            Raul Veliz III (Woodburn, OR)

Seattle Pacific
                            Shaw Anderson (Kelso, WA)
                            Zackry Paulsen (University Place, WA)
                            Clayton Whitman (Lynden, WA)
                            Christopher Penner (Olympia, WA)

Simon Fraser
                            Matthew Kiatipis (Mount Albert, Ontario)
                            David Penney (Guelph, Ontario)
                            Colten Northrop (West Richland, WA)

Western Oregon
                            Zachary Baugher (Albany, OR)
                            Emanuel Gant (Mesa, AZ)

Western Washington
                            Christian Zamora (Lynden, WA)

Comment

Last edited by hoosierdaddy34; 05-16-2019, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Sommerfield played at Green River with Kevin Baker who signed with CWU. Looks like he was accurate from 3, averaged 15 ppg/11 rbs and is 6'7" 3 or 4 position... UAF needed some HT, so this should keep me from harping on them too badly. He looks pretty lean, but hey, you can't get everything. They did lose 6 to graduation and I suspect there will be a few that won't return that still have eligibility, so they need to find a lot more than what they have, but at least the silence is broken an we know that *something* is happening.

Hey, the kid has a nice youtube video and bonus is that he will make grades as he had a great JUCO GPA and isn't afraid to say so! Bravo.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X