Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNC Football Players in the shoe business.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laker
    replied
    Re: UNC Football Players in the shoe business.

I really miss the Ol' Ball Coach. Love him or hate him, he was always interesting.

Leave a comment:

• catatonic
    replied

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
    Shoes. A company selling player-issued shoes said they got shoes from Michigan, Cal, Marquette: http://www.espn.com/college-football...s-shoe-resales
    https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...NIVERSITY.html

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied

Originally posted by catatonic View Post
    Selling shoes or academic fraud? Or both?
    Shoes. A company selling player-issued shoes said they got shoes from Michigan, Cal, Marquette: http://www.espn.com/college-football...s-shoe-resales

Leave a comment:

• dvaara
    replied

shoes.... possibly....they're looking into it

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied

I'd sell things too when I got 0% of the profit of billions of dollars that the NCAA makes off of me. Complete joke.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

D1 is not College sports. It's the sports entertainment business.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

Blue chippers are only there one year and have to maintain a D in 12 hours of basketweaving and bball theory.

Saying any power program isn't guilty of academic fraud is just silly.

Heck now they can even go to the draft, hire an agent, etc... and still be eligible.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

On a broader scale it is pretty much common knowledge that the NCAA cuts big time BB and FB programs more slack than lesser programs.
    No kidding. It has happened time after time. As my principal used to say when I was teaching- "The Gophers aren't very good cheaters. They get caught, they get punished, but they didn't even win when they were cheating."

It does matter who you are.

Leave a comment:

• catatonic
    replied

Originally posted by WU Fan View Post
    It's common knowledge in this state that UNC can get away with just about anything, especially their basketball program. it goes way back to the Dean Smith days when winning brought in truckloads of dollars and underground recruiting brought in kids who only qualified because someone "massaged" SAT scores and transcripts. The A grades in the no meeting classes taught by people with questionable credentials followed. UNC self reported and was issued a gentle slap on the wrist. Alums I know won't discuss the subject/pretend it never happened/try to convince people that Duke's infractions were far more serious/Drink copious volumes of Johnny Walker Red and eat rare beef to keep from talking.
    On a broader scale it is pretty much common knowledge that the NCAA cuts big time BB and FB programs more slack than lesser programs.

Leave a comment:

• catatonic
    replied

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
    Looks like Michigan, California, and some other school I can't remember are now caught up in this, too.

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied

Looks like Michigan, California, and some other school I can't remember are now caught up in this, too.

Leave a comment:

• Eagle74
    replied

Originally posted by WU Fan View Post
    It's common knowledge in this state that UNC can get away with just about anything, especially their basketball program. it goes way back to the Dean Smith days when winning brought in truckloads of dollars and underground recruiting brought in kids who only qualified because someone "massaged" SAT scores and transcripts. The A grades in the no meeting classes taught by people with questionable credentials followed. UNC self reported and was issued a gentle slap on the wrist. Alums I know won't discuss the subject/pretend it never happened/try to convince people that Duke's infractions were far more serious/Drink copious volumes of Johnny Walker Red and eat rare beef to keep from talking.
    Yep, and this is one of the things they don't want to talk about: http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_...north-carolina.

Leave a comment:

• WU Fan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sec10-A-14
    replied

Didn't the NCAA negate Penn State wins and punish innocent team players for
    action by their coaches.
    So UNC will pick some pansy team that they should beat by 50pts to select
    suspensions.
    Good plan for UNC.... seesh!!!

Leave a comment:

• Eagle74
    replied

I know that NC State really wanted West Virginia to be in the ACC (and probably still does). Different philosophies between two close rivals.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X