Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stadium Appreciation Thread/Discussion

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
    Blue Wahoos Stadium - The off campus home of The University of West Florida Argonauts.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Bitner View Post
      Its kind of amazing how easy it is to get into most places. You'd never be able to just walk right into an NFL stadium but most colleges, its really not hard if you show up at the right time.
      Jumping fences does not count as the "right time" Chuck.

Comment

Wayne State (NE) just redid their pressbox. It's not super fancy, but a nice upgrade over what was in place.

Comment

Originally posted by nodnol View Post
          But no pictures of your Alma Mater, Bloomsburg? What's up with that? :tongue:
          I actually have a separate gallery for Redman, along with all the game photos from 2005-2014.

Comment

Originally posted by GVLakerFan24 View Post
            I'm obviously biased, but is it even an argument? Lubbers Stadium, home of the GVSU Lakers, is the class of d2 stadiums, especially with the Jumbotron added a few years back. We had over 16,000 in attendance two weekends ago!
            And what's the enrollment for Grand Valley?

Comment

I actually have a separate gallery for Redman, along with all the game photos from 2005-2014.
              Now that makes sense. I'm heading up there this Saturday to see how the new scoreboard looks. From the pictures I've seen it doesn't look like it ruins the view down towards the river.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                Jumping fences does not count as the "right time" Chuck.
                I've never scaled a fence! Have I shimmied through a partially closed gate a time or two?...perhaps. If there is an opening large enough for me to slip through without hurting myself, then they weren't very serious about keeping people out. That's how I look at it. Stadiums are typically accessible during business hours. Football stadiums usually double as storage areas for equipment and maintenance. You can usually find an open gate whenever there are maintenance workers on duty. I can also say, in all the places I've been too, I have never been asked to leave. Once at NC State someone asked me to scoot, but only because they wanted to lock the gate, not because they didn't want me there.

Comment

Blakeslee Field in Mankato. Note the berm for the students on the south end of the stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by togthorn View Post
                    And what's the enrollment for Grand Valley?
                    Oh look at that. 25,460. Western Michigan doesn't even have that much and they are D1. What's keeping Grand Valley from moving up? Or do they not have the money? Sounds like they should be in D1 FCS with that number.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
                      Oh look at that. 25,460. Western Michigan doesn't even have that much and they are D1. What's keeping Grand Valley from moving up? Or do they not have the money? Sounds like they should be in D1 FCS with that number.
                      Colorado School of Mines has a little over 6,000 enrollment including graduate students. No wonder Grand Valley can seat so many.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
                        Blue Wahoos Stadium - The off campus home of The University of West Florida Argonauts.
                        Are the Argonauts going to build their own stadium at some point or are they going to continue to use this one? Either way, it looks like they are making that place work for them quite nicely. I bet it's a fun place to watch a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
                          I do not think that enrollment should be the only measure. Traditional basketball schools like Duke, Wake Forest and Gonzaga all of undergraduate enrollments of 5-7k students. Should they move down?

Comment

I love visiting college stadiums. It's been a hobby for a few years. Here is my photographic resume of the places I've been to, from FBS to NAIA. There are more than 60 D2 stadiums in there.

https://cb-football-photos.smugmug.com/CollegeStadiums
                            Truly beautiful collection of very nice stadia of all sizes. The only thing that caught my eye because it doesn't seem to fit the program is APPY STATE. It's very nice but looks a bit like D2 stadium with extra seating. Considering who they've challenged recently how can they ever expect to get a home and home series without more seating. Maybe they're saving the $$$ from PENN STATE et al to pay for an update.

Comment

[QUOTE=ShirtedBearcat;2284063]I do not think that enrollment should be the only measure. Traditional basketball schools like Duke, Wake Forest and Gonzaga all of undergraduate enrollments of 5-7k students. Should they move down?[/Q

Not necessarily, but if you have that much enrollment. Why not move up? They prove they can win with National Championships. Do you not have enough revenue from that many students? Heck Grand Valley's endowment is close to Central Michigan and they are D1 FBS.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                                Blakeslee Field in Mankato. Note the berm for the students on the south end of the stadium.
                                I enjoyed my visit to the Blake. Fans treated me well, and the ticket lady gave me the student discount even though I don't go to MSU. The atmosphere wasn't bad either.

Obviously, the sight lines were tremendous. I could see just about everything from where I sat. Even though I was that high up, I felt like I was closer to the action than I've ever been at SMSU.

I think it could be one of the best stadiums in the state, given the right renovations, although I'm sure it's cheaper to just tear it down and start again.

On a side note, I'm actually working on coming over and joining the fun at MSU for a while as a part-time student. Stangs first and foremost, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a soft spot for the Mavs.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X