Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stadium Appreciation Thread/Discussion

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    I think an obscenely gigantic video board would be awesome. Where are the locker rooms going in at?
    Across the street near the indoor track facility.

Comment

That is what I thought. Also- the stadium is built on the northwest-southeast line. It needs to be straightened out to north-south.

Part of the problem is the age of the scoreboard. They don't make replacement parts anymore. I don't think that they can even replace the lightbulbs. Maybe we will return to a manual one like at Fenway.

Comment

Ian can attest that we have an annual MIAA stadium rankings thread on our forum.
        Go Bronchos!

Comment

I love visiting college stadiums. It's been a hobby for a few years. Here is my photographic resume of the places I've been to, from FBS to NAIA. There are more than 60 D2 stadiums in there.

https://cb-football-photos.smugmug.com/CollegeStadiums

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Bitner View Post
            I love visiting college stadiums. It's been a hobby for a few years. Here is my photographic resume of the places I've been to, from FBS to NAIA. There are more than 60 D2 stadiums in there.

Awesome pictures, Chuck. It's interesting to see all those stadiums, some very tiny, some enormous, some with personality, some bland. Great collection.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
              Awesome pictures, Chuck. It's interesting to see all those stadiums, some very tiny, some enormous, some with personality, some bland. Great collection.
              Its kind of amazing how easy it is to get into most places. You'd never be able to just walk right into an NFL stadium but most colleges, its really not hard if you show up at the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                That is what I thought. Also- the stadium is built on the northwest-southeast line. It needs to be straightened out to north-south.

Part of the problem is the age of the scoreboard. They don't make replacement parts anymore. I don't think that they can even replace the lightbulbs. Maybe we will return to a manual one like at Fenway.

Comment

I'm obviously biased, but is it even an argument? Lubbers Stadium, home of the GVSU Lakers, is the class of d2 stadiums, especially with the Jumbotron added a few years back. We had over 16,000 in attendance two weekends ago!

Comment

Originally posted by GVLakerFan24 View Post
                    I'm obviously biased, but is it even an argument? Lubbers Stadium, home of the GVSU Lakers, is the class of d2 stadiums, especially with the Jumbotron added a few years back. We had over 16,000 in attendance two weekends ago!
                    Here's a few more..

Comment

So impressive, Chuck! Wow!!
                      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

I'd love to visit Lubbers Stadium sometime. It looks impressive. I bet it gets loud when it's full.

Comment

My alma mater, the University of New Haven in the NE10 conference, has a blue field that was installed in 2009:

And GVSU's building is something else!

Comment

Thanks for sharing. That's an impressive collection.

Comment

Its kind of amazing how easy it is to get into most places. You'd never be able to just walk right into an NFL stadium but most colleges, its really not hard if you show up at the right time.
                              But no pictures of your Alma Mater, Bloomsburg? What's up with that? :tongue:

Comment

Blue Wahoos Stadium - The off campus home of The University of West Florida Argonauts.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X