Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stadium Appreciation Thread/Discussion

Only in the South! where else can you watch a car race at halftime of a D2 game??

Bowman Grey Stadium WSSU's stadium Has to be one of the most unique stadiums in the country!

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
      Appreciate your love for "the Bob" SW_Mustang! The REC is still my favorite place to catch a game in the NSIC. But the Bob and the REC both have two things that I love, open concourses, and easily accessible tailgates.

As for Bob Young Field, it's come a long ways since its opening in 2005 when the press box was nothing more than some plywood shacks atop the grandstand, no visitors seating, and the locker rooms were modified trailers. The Coo have added and updated piece by piece over the years. Well the trailers are still there, but thankfully now we only throw the visitors in there on gameday as late in 2013 USF opened their own locker room. The current pressbox/suites were installed around 2010 I believe. The whole area has filled out greatly as the trees have grown and filled out helping ease some of that SD wind, and the city has grown exponentially on the south side of town where it's located. When it first opened it was even windier and more bare believe it or not. Basically a field and grandstand on the outskirts of town. The new turf was installed in 2015 replacing the original turf. Rumor around campus was that the original turf was purchased used from a D1 school who used it as a practice field and was installed by the soccer team :bulgy-eyes:. The new stuff couldn't have come soon enough, it looks fantastic now.

Comment

Cool Story Bro

Comment

Cool Story Bro

Comment

Well, the NCAA must have gotten word about this thread.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...s-dii-football

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Go figure. They arent going to do any of the work themselves!

Comment

I love that someone threw Bazemore-Hyder in there. Shouldn't that be in the scenic "high school" stadiums?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Bitner View Post
                  I love visiting college stadiums. It's been a hobby for a few years. Here is my photographic resume of the places I've been to, from FBS to NAIA. There are more than 60 D2 stadiums in there.

https://cb-football-photos.smugmug.com/CollegeStadiums
                  Only 60? That sounds like one summer's worth. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

My biggest regret about Lwood leaving the conference is that I never made it there for a football game.

...and I almost forgot, I'll miss your dank memes.

Comment

Don't know how to attach a photo, but my personal D2 favorite is Bulldog Stadium at Bowie State University. There's updated pics of it on the main site :tongue:

Comment

Comment

Comment

It has been my experience that this message board is inspiration for a lot of stories by people who aren't deeply rooted in D2 but must cover it.

Comment

HSU as an honorable mention. I wonder if that's a knock at them dropping football as the Redwood Bowl is a great location.

Comment

Wait....where are the 55 gallon drums with fire in them? And the snow? Can't be Duluth....:laugh:

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X