Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoff Matchups

Originally posted by chargerblue View Post
    I remember opening up my financial aid offer from Adams State and looking up at the news to see that kind of day being reported from Alamosa. We had two guys from my high school in AZ go there. They never went back after coming home for Thanksgiving Break.
    Adams St must have been recruiting Michigan pretty hard back then...a buddy of mine from Mendon played there in the mid 90s

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
      Adams St must have been recruiting Michigan pretty hard back then...a buddy of mine from Mendon played there in the mid 90s
      Wow, Mendon?!?! Small town!

Comment

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
        Wow, Mendon?!?! Small town!
        football powerhouse...I played on a travel softball team w a few guys from their championship teams

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post

Comment

Congratulations to Wingate and Lenoir Rhyne!!! Way to represent the SAC!!! Both big wins over West Georgia and Florida Tech!!!

GO BEARS!!!

Comment

Some surprises today that I didnt see coming:

GSC going 0-3 (and SAC going 2-0)

Commerce winning comfortably at Duluth

PSAC going 1-2

Indy beating FHSU

NW routing GV

I'm not surprised Ferris won, but from the looks of it, Harding gave them the game (34 and 8 yr TD drives by FSU).

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post

PSAC going 1-2

Indy beating FHSU

NW routing GV

I'm not surprised Ferris won, but from the looks of it, Harding gave them the game (34 and 8 yr TD drives by FSU).
                Yeah I think I went 3-9 in pic 'ems. That's even bad for me. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                  Yeah I think I went 3-9 in pic 'ems. That's even bad for me. :wink:
                  Well I guess I should feel good about my 5-7

Comment

A huge shout out to the BSU Bulldogs who defeated West Alabama today, to win their first playoffs victory in school history! Maybe next year going into the playoffs the CIAA will be shown a little more R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Virginia Union deserved to be in the playoffs with their 8-2 record, instead they let four GSC teams in and all three that played today, loss. Lets have a little more transparency in the selection process moving forward. Believe it or not, teams in conferences outside of the GSC in Region II, can play some ball also.
                    Congrats to the dawgs! Next week, the best quarterback in the nation, Amir Hall will get his chance on the national stage, taking on the juggernaut that is Valdosta State. Everyone will predict tht the Bulldogs will be destroyed, but I guarantee you we will give them all that the can handle. We are playing with house money and we are hot.
                    #RespectTheCIAA

Comment

Originally posted by BSURover31 View Post
                      A huge shout out to the BSU Bulldogs who defeated West Alabama today, to win their first playoffs victory in school history! Maybe next year going into the playoffs the CIAA will be shown a little more R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Virginia Union deserved to be in the playoffs with their 8-2 record, instead they let four GSC teams in and all three that played today, loss. Lets have a little more transparency in the selection process moving forward. Believe it or not, teams in conferences outside of the GSC in Region II, can play some ball also.
                      Congrats to the dawgs! Next week, the best quarterback in the nation, Amir Hall will get his chance on the national stage, taking on the juggernaut that is Valdosta State. Everyone will predict tht the Bulldogs will be destroyed, but I guarantee you we will give them all that the can handle. We are playing with house money and we are hot.
                      #RespectTheCIAA
                      Love the enthusiasm but it's not the committee's fault that VU didn't get in. Blame the lack of a 10th game. FIT beat Newberry and VU lost to CN but if they had an 8-2 D2 record the committee would have no choice but the put them in over FIT, that additional data point was extremely important. Yes we can use more transparency but even when the guidelines are clear we take issue, so I don't know if it would matter. There are crossover games and other data that supports the committee's decisions this year but it's like the GSC's performance this past year against our conference mates should not matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post

PSAC going 1-2

Indy beating FHSU

NW routing GV

Harding-Ferris looked like a tale of two halves from what I was seeing on Twitter. Ferris jumped to a 21-0 lead at the half before Harding rallied with 19 4th quarter points.
                        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                          Harding-Ferris looked like a tale of two halves from what I was seeing on Twitter. Ferris jumped to a 21-0 lead at the half before Harding rallied with 19 4th quarter points.
                          Harding had 4th and 9 in Ferris territory and the QB put it on the money but the receiver dropped it.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
                            Harding had 4th and 9 in Ferris territory and the QB put it on the money but the receiver dropped it.
                            That Harding receiver took a helmet to the facemask as he was trying to make the catch. It wasn't intentional and it didn't get flagged, but it looked to me that was why he dropped it.

Comment

Tough one to lose. A couple plays here and there, special teams comes to mind, and it would have been a very different game. Very happy with the way our defense played, and offense moved the ball well in the second half. We could have easily folded after the first half but we fought back and made a game out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                                That Harding receiver took a helmet to the facemask as he was trying to make the catch. It wasn't intentional and it didn't get flagged, but it looked to me that was why he dropped it.
                                Yes he did, the Harding coach was none too pleased that it was not called.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X