X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
    Schools are postponing or dropping Spring football practices and games - could the upcoming season be next?
    I don't think it will go on that long. Didn't they say that in China the Wuhan area is now recovering?

Leave a comment:

• cwfenn
    replied
    Schools are postponing or dropping Spring football practices and games - could the upcoming season be next?

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Here's the master list of what's cancelled and what's not, according to my own research.

NCAA - All divisions cancelled, CBI cancelled, CIT cancelled, NIT cancelled
    NAIA - All divisions cancelled.
    NCCAA - All divisions cancelled.
    NJCAA - Division 1 and 2 postponed, Division 3 to be reworked
    ACCA - Already concluded
    USCAA - Division 2 already concluded, Division 1 to be played as intended
    NWAC - Cancelled
    CCCAA - Cancelled
    NIAC - Already concluded
    PCAC - Already concluded
    WCC - Already concluded
    Last edited by SW_Mustang; 03-12-2020, 02:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    CCCAA has cancelled Men's and Women's basketball championships.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
    Just heard NCAA-ALL winter and spring championships.

Leave a comment:

• UFOILERFAN
    replied
    Just heard NCAA-ALL winter and spring championships.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    NJCAA - Postponing their DI and DII basketball championships
    NAIA - All winter championships cancelled
    NCCAA - Men's and Women's D2 basketball championships cancelled

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Duke and Kansas are out of the NCAA tournament.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/c...6ee-story.html

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

The jump to canceling the tournament, although it seems that the B1G has done just that. The scariest thing, Influenza A can be deadly in the young and elderly and we are glad he has it instead? That just shows how much the fear has come to and I hope when Tom Hanks recovers in 1-2 weeks that some of the hysteria goes away.

I also saw reports that the NCAA is looking to use a smaller venue for the Final Four. I wonder if the Hawk's arena has opened up for use or maybe one of the colleges in the area. Also if San Diego State gets the #1 seed in the East and Duke as the #2 it won't be as much of a factor in going to Madison Square Garden, AKA Cameron North.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Not CBB related, but the NHL is expected to suspend operations.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...f-coronavirus/

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post
    Add the Big 12 and the WAC.
    Add the SEC to that list.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

The jump to canceling the tournament, although it seems that the B1G has done just that. The scariest thing, Influenza A in most age brackets has has similar death rate and we are glad he has it instead? That just shows how much the fear has come to and I hope when Tom Hanks recovers in 1-2 weeks that some of the hysteria goes away.
    Who exactly said they were "glad" Coach Hoiberg has Influenza A?

As far as my comment regarding the tournament, it came off as more dramatic than I intended it too - but it's not an illogical statement regarding what the NCAA would do if a player or coach did come down with the virus. Do I want them to shut down the tournament? Absolutely not. Do I think it's irrational? Absolutely. Do I think they would shut the thing down, or at least postpone it, if a player or coach got the virus? Yes, I do.

I almost get the sense that you think I have an irrational fear of the coronavirus. Again, I'm not sure what I said that gave that impression, but no - I am not afraid of the coronavirus. I'm not the cause nor am I contributing to the unprecedented societal unrest (at least during my lifetime), but I would be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little interested in what's going on.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    MAC has cancelled so, no MACtion.

PAC 12 has cancelled.

St John's and Creighton are playing right now. There can't be too many other games still scheduled.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I read your post a couple times and I'm lost. What conclusions did I jump too?

I don't recall saying Coach Hoiberg has the virus, at least I'm not seeing where I said it in my post... I'll need a little help on that one.

*IF* coach has coronavirus, I think it's a logical assumption that the NCAA would cancel the tournament. That's different than coming to the conclusion that he has it, however.

EDIT: Reports are saying Influenza A. I'm glad I didn't assume he had COVID 19. *eye roll*
    The jump to canceling the tournament, although it seems that the B1G has done just that. The scariest thing, Influenza A can be deadly in the young and elderly and we are glad he has it instead? That just shows how much the fear has come to and I hope when Tom Hanks recovers in 1-2 weeks that some of the hysteria goes away.

I also saw reports that the NCAA is looking to use a smaller venue for the Final Four. I wonder if the Hawk's arena has opened up for use or maybe one of the colleges in the area. Also if San Diego State gets the #1 seed in the East and Duke as the #2 it won't be as much of a factor in going to Madison Square Garden, AKA Cameron North.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Add the Big 12 and the WAC.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X