• laker
    replied

Sanford Pentagon@SanfordPentagon 5m
    JUST IN: The remainder of the@NAIA

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

Yale has followed Harvard and forfeited in hockey. Cornell & Princeton are still in.

Yes, Yale followed Harvard in withdrawing from hockey. Reseeding is being done. Cornell and Princeton are still in.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ithdrawing.php
    Ahh.

If I went to Harvard then I might have learned how to fact check what I read on Twitter, haha.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Can't find the NBA thread- but the Jazz-Thunder game has just been postponed. No reason given why, but the crowd there is really ticked.

"Jazz-Thunder game has officially been postponed. Fans have been asked to leave Chesapeake Energy Arena."

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

All athletics, winter and spring.

Harvard hockey forfieted their post season.

Kinda glad I went to SMSU. I may not be a genius, but at least I'm not overreacting
    Yale has followed Harvard and forfeited in hockey. Cornell & Princeton are still in.

Yes, Yale followed Harvard in withdrawing from hockey. Reseeding is being done. Cornell and Princeton are still in.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ithdrawing.php

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
    Ivy League has cancelled all SPRING sports.
    All athletics, winter and spring.

Harvard hockey forfieted their post season.

Kinda glad I went to SMSU. I may not be a genius, but at least I'm not overreacting

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
    Ivy League posters on another site were saying that Harvard took the lead on all of this and that the tail wagged the dog. Also, if Harvard ever wanted to change the no playoff rule for football that it would change. Reminds me of Texas in the Big 12...........

Leave a comment:

• UFOILERFAN
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Harvard basically forfeited all athletics, including hockey, for the remainder of the academic year.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

Just this morning SJU tweeted out that it was a sellout. The atmosphere will be quite different now.
    What a shame. The conference tournaments are following suit. It's becoming a nightmare to keep track of everything cancelled or fan-less.

Based on the email I got this afternoon, MSU is going to hold classes as scheduled but I'm guessing that's going to change

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    Johnnies/Tommies to be played without fans in Collegeville.

That one breaks my cold little heart.
    Just this morning SJU tweeted out that it was a sellout. The atmosphere will be quite different now.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    I'm all for preparations, especially keeping the vulnerable people safe, but I think this is a bit much.

What i don't understand is what makes COVID 19 different from the other pandemic scares we go through every couple of years. Ebola, Zika, SARS, Bird Flu... the only one to pan out was H1N1 and while it royally sucked to be glued to the coach for a few days, it didn't end up being that bad overall.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Johnnies/Tommies to be played without fans in Collegeville.

That one breaks my cold little heart.

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shipfbfan1
    replied
    Well the NCAA tournament games will have less of a game like atmosphere with the NCAA banning all fans from attending games. I wonder how they will make payments to conferences since the NCAA won't have ticket sales to collect money off of. I guess since the D2 tournament games don't draw more than 2-3k fans they're going to continue with letting fans enter those arenas to watch and root their teams on.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...nament-go-fans

Leave a comment:

• GrifFan
    replied
    CBI cancelled over COVID-19 fears:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...virus-concerns

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X