Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Valdosta State vs Ferris State

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
    Scanning the Mckinney TX newspaper recently, and no mention at all of the upcoming NCAA Division 2 Football Championship game, I hope they really care.

The upcoming game is definitely in the news in both Valdosta GA, and Big Rapids MI.
    This appeared in the local McKinney paper today:
    https://starlocalmedia.com/mckinneyc...458d54118.html

Comment

Originally posted by OldBison View Post
      This appeared in the local McKinney paper today:
      https://starlocalmedia.com/mckinneyc...458d54118.html
      This appeared a few weeks earlier:
      https://www.mckinneyonline.com/sport...-championship/

Comment

Glad to see that they had a news article about the game in the Mckinney paper. In the article, it looks as though they are predicting around 6,000 in attendance, which means that those watching the D2 National Championship game on ESPN will see a half empty, or if you're optimistic, a half full stadium.

Frankly, even though both schools have strong and loyal fan bases, I will be surprised if the true attendance actually hits 6,000. If only 4,000 people show up, the stadium will be two thirds empty.

Comment

As of now, only 3 reserved seats available on the VSU side and none on the FSU side. 100 level sections not available.

Comment

I got a general ticket.

Comment

The latest weather reports for North Texas call for a wintry mix - snow, sleet, rain - for Thursday night into Friday morning. Should clear out by noon or so. Weather forecast for Saturday is mostly sunny with a high temp around 60 degrees. Y'all look to be getting a full dose of Texas weather. If you plan to arrive Thursday night or Friday morning and it is winter weather the roads will be terrible, especially if it gets cold enough for the bridges to freeze, so be very cautious and allow for extra travel time. Texans dont handle that stuff very well.

Comment

Last edited by Wide_Right; 12-12-2018, 09:36 PM. Reason: Never Doubt Jake!
                <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                  Not sure what weather station you go to??

DEC 15
                  Mostly Sunny

0%
                  NNW 11 mph 46%
                  Here I'd be happy with the 36! 23 right now with winds at 4 mph. Felt pretty nice on my walk to feed the cats.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                    Here I'd be happy with the 36! 23 right now with winds at 4 mph. Felt pretty nice on my walk to feed the cats.
                    Mmmmmm. Are these "Cougar" cats!!!??
                    <>

Comment

Mmmmmm. Are these "Cougar" cats!!!??
                      Actually Maverick cats since they are on their own most of the time!

Comment

Not sure what weather station you go to??

SAT
                        DEC 15
                        Mostly Sunny

0%
                        NNW 11 mph 46%
                        UV INDEX SUNRISE SUNSET MOONRISE MOONSET
                        3 of 10
                        7:23 am
                        5:21 pm
                        1:00 pm
                        12:02 am
                        Sunshine and some clouds. High 59F. Winds

Did you read his post? He said mostly sunny with a high around 60 for Saturday.

Comment

Just saw that the game is on ESPNU this year instead of ESPN2. As a guy that doesn't get the U on his cable package, I'm moderately ticked off. Now starts the journey to find a local bar that's showing the game or stream that most likely won't be legal. Upgrading my cable package is not an option lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
                            Just saw that the game is on ESPNU this year instead of ESPN2. As a guy that doesn't get the U on his cable package, I'm moderately ticked off. Now starts the journey to find a local bar that's showing the game or stream that most likely won't be legal. Upgrading my cable package is not an option lol.
                            RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                            Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
                              So this reduces the potential viewership by what 85 - 90%? I really hate to hear that, not good for Division 2 Football.

With this move to the McKinney High School stadium in TX, did the NCAA anticipate this reduced level of support from ESPN?

Heck, even most hotels don't offer ESPNU as part of their sports channel lineup.

Comment

It appears that unsold tickets held for the two schools have now been released for the general public. Although the NCAA makes it difficult to get to the ticket purchase area. When you select "Tickets" from https://www.ncaa.com/sports/football/d2 you have to indicate that you want "football" and then "D2" which could have been fed in from the page you're coming from.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X