X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooley: How do you really feel?

From "The Scoop" - Todd Cooley

https://footballscoop.com/news/video...ss-conference/

Wow, how do you really feel coach? Must've been some significant recruits or last second actions to bring out this type of response, because players de-commit all the time.

Comment

We had a DB flip to Akron at 10:30 on signing day, and Annese didn't even mention it. This man is wild but it makes for tremendous content lol.

Comment

...and if provided the opportunity for a higher-level job, he'd be out of town faster than you can say decommit. Please.

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post
          We had a DB flip to Akron at 10:30 on signing day, and Annese didn't even mention it. This man is wild but it makes for tremendous content lol.
          Happens to good programs all the time. It means Ferris is recruiting the right level of player.

Comment

I find his comments quite hypocritical when coaches frequently rescind offers because they landed someone better or whatever. Athletes have their scholarships reduced or revoked. And coaches jump ship like the sinking Titanic when they have an opportunity to improve their own coaching careers. And then there the young man in Louisiana who "signed" with Ole Miss only to have Ole Miss state they do not have paperwork on him. Initially, the thought was the kid lied about the whole thing. But the way the young man later responded gave me second thoughts. Then I remembered the Ole Miss HC is now Lane Kiffen. I am certain Ole Miss DECOMMITTED from this kid at the last minute.

Comment

It makes for good entertainment, but he does have a point. Your word should mean something. Today I don't think kids really understand the meaning of integrity. I chalk that up to lousy parenting.

If a kid is not 100% on board he should be honest with the coach(es). If the coaches are not sold on the kid and feel that there might be a reason not to honor an offer, than they should not string the kid along.

Comment

Yeah, no one should ever back out of a commitment they make when they're 17 no matter what. That's why I'm still getting cassettes from Columbia House.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                  Yeah, no one should ever back out of a commitment they make when they're 17 no matter what. That's why I'm still getting cassettes from Columbia House.

Scranton-icity >>>>> Synchronicity

Comment

Originally posted by ILoveItWhenYouCallMeLittlePoppa View Post

One of the reasons I used this image is because I'm pretty sure I had Synchronicity on cassette from Columbia House.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

One of the reasons I used this image is because I'm pretty sure I had Synchronicity on cassette from Columbia House.
                      I'll never believe that it wasn't because of Barbara Streisand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I'll never believe that it wasn't because of Barbara Streisand.
                        Ha! No, I think the only other one pictured that I had was the Eagles -- I've always had pretty wide-ranging tastes, but they didn't extend to Babs.

Comment

Originally posted by ILoveItWhenYouCallMeLittlePoppa View Post

You probably got all those for about 5 cents, I'm guessing?
                          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat191 View Post
                            It makes for good entertainment, but he does have a point. Your word should mean something. Today I don't think kids really understand the meaning of integrity. I chalk that up to lousy parenting.

If a kid is not 100% on board he should be honest with the coach(es). If the coaches are not sold on the kid and feel that there might be a reason not to honor an offer, than they should not string the kid along.
                            I think the whole "Kids these days don't know what REAL COMMITMENT is!!" argument is dumb. Trying to flip players all the way up to signing day is just part of recruiting now. I guarantee you this guy was on the phone with committed players on Tuesday night trying to get them away from other schools.

Comment

Yawn. Get over yourself coach.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X