Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crixus
    replied
    Becca Meyers, a medal contender, was told she'd have to navigate Tokyo without the aid of her personal care assistant because of COVID-19 restrictions.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Top footballers rarely reach the final year of their contracts, but due to COVID-19's impact, many stars are set to hit the open market next summer.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I'm looking at the bubbles both the NHL and NBA had and how well they did with the virus. I'd hope Japan can do something similar for the Olympics even if it is on a larger scale. I mean England was able to pull off Wimbledon as well this year.
    I'm a big rugby fan and am very impressed with Major League Rugby. They just finished their 18 week regular season without one positive test for Covid-19 and they didn't use a bubble system. They have two rounds of playoffs before the season is over, so I hope they can keep that streak going until then. The team based in Toronto had to play all of their games here in the USA and used Atlanta as their home base for the season, sharing the pitch with the team already located there. But they made it through unscathed. Kudos to the Toronto Arrows and the 11 other Major League Rugby teams.??????

??
    Last edited by crixus; 07-20-2021, 01:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I'm looking at the bubbles both the NHL and NBA had and how well they did with the virus. I'd hope Japan can do something similar for the Olympics even if it is on a larger scale. I mean England was able to pull off Wimbledon as well this year.
    US OPEN TENNIS is planning for 100% capacity @ the BJK National Tennis Center. This is a bit worrisome as that complex is located in Flushing, Queens, NYC, just over the hill from where I live and home to the city's largest Asian immigrant community. It is densely populated and masks have always been common in the area. Although most pandemic rules have been lifted, I'd estimate 75% of everybody still observes them out of a sense of caution. Truly hope this can be pulled off.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

If the games happen, I feel certain there are going to be a number of surprise winners not only because of athletes missing due to C19 and other reasons, but the absence of many Russians will give some who would have fallen short a realistic shot at a medal. Hopefully the IOC or Japan won't have to shut it down.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    The company will continue to advertise in other markets including the United States.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Only eight players are traveling to the Olympics Monday, but Team USA is hopeful LaVine will join up later in the week

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
    At this point, I would be fine with the Olympics being postponed for 2 years or so. That might give our TEAM USA men's basketball team enough time to learn how play defense again (pretty embarrassing so far).
    If the games happen, I feel certain there are going to be a number of surprise winners not only because of athletes missing due to C19 and other reasons, but the absence of many Russians will give some who would have fallen short a realistic shot at a medal. Hopefully the IOC or Japan won't have to shut it down.

Leave a comment:

• Eagle74
    replied
    At this point, I would be fine with the Olympics being postponed for 2 years or so. That might give our TEAM USA men's basketball team enough time to learn how play defense again (pretty embarrassing so far).

Leave a comment:

• UFOILERFAN
    replied
    Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
    Prime Minister Trudeau recently said that unvaccinated people will not be allowed to enter Canada for "quite some time". Don't know what that does to the GNAC and Simon Fraser home games but it's currently not looking good.
    Canada will open border to VACCINATED US citizens August 9th.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Hall of Fame receiver Michael Irvin has made the obvious connection between COVID vaccinations and victories in 2021, given the competitive advantages that flow from having as many players as possible on a given team vaccinated. And Irvin is right; the teams with the most vaccinated players will operate under 2019 rules. Those that don�t [more]

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Beds at the Tokyo Olympics Athletes' Village are reportedly made of cardboard to discourage competitors from having sex or sharing beds.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Barcelona still use Cristiano Ronaldo as a motivation of sorts for their players, three years after he left bitter rivals Real Madrid for Juventus.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    SEC commissioner Greg Sankey says that unlike last year, games will not be postponed over COVID concerns. Six of the conference's 14 football teams have reached an 80% vaccination mark.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    In following safety protocols put in play by the NFL and players' union last month, unvaccinated players will not be permitted to leave the team hotel or eat meals with teammates.�

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X