Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runnin' Cat
    replied
    Watching the Bedlam game, and they have about 30,000 fans in the stands. Oklahoma is a mess for Covid. What are they thinking?

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Strongman Aaron Page has died from Covid-19.

https://heavy.com/sports/aaron-page-dead/

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Stanford/WSU game canceled due to multiple positive tests at WSU today.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    The Las Vegas Raiders Covid-19 problems keep mounting. Now they're minus 10 defensive players, 6 of them starters.

https://sports.yahoo.com/raiders-sho...225610794.html

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Boise State also played BYU for their second game after the MWC started.
    I forgot about that one. I remember reading on the MWCboard back when that game was played that the conference agreed to it to please the Mormons, there's lot's of them in both areas.

I was bummed that San Jose State vs Fresno State was kiboshed, but that's life. It's the MWC's third game called off this week, joining Utah State vs Wyoming and Colorado State vs UNLV.
    Last edited by crixus; 11-20-2020, 02:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by crixus View Post

BYU yes, but I'm not so sure about the MWC. They decided not to play OOC games this year with the exception of Air Force playing Army and Navy. I hope they change their mind, but I doubt it.
    Boise State also played BYU for their second game after the MWC started.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied

Likely BYU and the MWC would be willing. I see BYU wanting to load up on Pac-12 teams in that case especially if they go undefeated this year and are kept out of New Year's games.
    BYU yes, but I'm not so sure about the MWC. They decided not to play OOC games this year with the exception of Air Force playing Army and Navy. I hope they change their mind, but I doubt it.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    My alma mater's rivalry game against Fresno State has been cancelled because they've tested positive. That sucks! Were 4-0 and ready to beat their butt and retain the Valley Rivalry trophy.

https://twitter.com/MountainWest/sta...09256463527937

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    PAC 12 to allow OOC games in 2020. The year is almost up and Covid-19 is spiking, I wonder how many taker's they'll get?

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...football-games
    Likely BYU and the MWC would be willing. I see BYU wanting to load up on Pac-12 teams in that case especially if they go undefeated this year and are kept out of New Year's games.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    PAC 12 to allow OOC games in 2020. The year is almost up and Covid-19 is spiking, I wonder how many taker's they'll get?

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...football-games

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Latest postponements due to Covid-19. Original dates and rescheduled dates.
    Texas at Kansas Nov. 21 Dec. 12
    Louisville at Boston College Nov. 27 Dec. 12
    Miami at Wake Forest Nov. 28 Dec. 5
    Wake Forest at Louisville Dec. 5 Nov. 28
    Western Carolina at North Carolina Dec. 11 Dec. 5

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied

From what I heard on ESPN's Around The Horn, Indianapolis will probably be the choice because it's centrally located "sort of" on a nationwide basis and they could pull the tourney off with four arenas. There are colleges and high schools in the metro area and of course the arena where the NBA Pacers play. Indiana is basketball crazy, so some of their high schools have pretty big arenas as compared to most of the country. I can see why it's their first choice. It's not settled yet, but I think they'll get the nod. I personally don't care where they hold it, I just hope it happens.
    Yes it is a good choice. Central I think makes a good choice especially for game start times. I just hope they don't put all the west coast teams in the 8;00 and 7:00 am start times.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    This weekend's Duke vs Wake Forest game is off due to positive Covid-19 tests.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...covid-19-tests

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied

I'm not sure if the NCAA has changed its view on tournament games in Oregon with the Supreme Courts ruling on sports betting, but Portland would have been a great choice too. Two arena right across the street from each other so teams could play at either easily, something that worked well for the Nike tournament a few years ago. They had a announcer walk between the two buildings and it took only about a minute or two to get between them.

I really hope they do something though for the cities set to host games these last 2 tourneys. Maybe have them host the next two that don't have set cities yet for the games. Some of the cities like Spokane and Boise wait decades between hosting as so few tourney games in the West and Atlanta I'm sure won't be hosting the Final Four any time soon if they need to re-bid.
    From what I heard on ESPN's Around The Horn, Indianapolis will probably be the choice because it's centrally located "sort of" on a nationwide basis and they could pull the tourney off with four arenas. There are colleges and high schools in the metro area and of course the arena where the NBA Pacers play. Indiana is basketball crazy, so some of their high schools have pretty big arenas as compared to most of the country. I can see why it's their first choice. It's not settled yet, but I think they'll get the nod. I personally don't care where they hold it, I just hope it happens.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    NCAA is planning a one city bubble for the Big Dance due to Covid-19 concerns. Makes a lot of sense to me since the NHL did a great job with their bubble and the NBA did pretty good as well.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-indianapolis/
    I'm not sure if the NCAA has changed its view on tournament games in Oregon with the Supreme Courts ruling on sports betting, but Portland would have been a great choice too. Two arena right across the street from each other so teams could play at either easily, something that worked well for the Nike tournament a few years ago. They had a announcer walk between the two buildings and it took only about a minute or two to get between them.

I really hope they do something though for the cities set to host games these last 2 tourneys. Maybe have them host the next two that don't have set cities yet for the games. Some of the cities like Spokane and Boise wait decades between hosting as so few tourney games in the West and Atlanta I'm sure won't be hosting the Final Four any time soon if they need to re-bid.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X