Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laker
    replied
    The D I Football Oversight Committee has approved a recommendation that FCS teams must play a minimum of four games to be considered for at-large selection into the NCAA tournament bracket.

The 2020 FCS championship was moved to the spring, and the bracket will consist of 16 teams. Five of the teams will be at-large selections by the committee. The four-game minimum is also 50% of the maximum of eight allowed to be played during the spring of 2021.

This does not apply to a conference's auto qualifier. A conference remains eligible for automatic qualification in 2020-21 if it has at least three teams playing against one another other during the regular season.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by crixus View Post

Not to worry my friend, I ran track at that level for you. I got one offer from one JUCO and jumped at it.]
    Now Ridgewater has dropped both football and track (permanently) and as I posted before- all sports for this year. Cuts down on my trips to campus.

Leave a comment:

• Mk63NuclearBomb
    replied

Not to worry my friend, I ran track at that level for you. I got one offer from one JUCO and jumped at it. I was going to try to be a walk on at San Jose State after that but Title IX killed the program. I probably wouldn't have made the cut, but I was ready to give it a shot. Oh well, such is life. On a good note, San Jose State brought Men's Track & Field back two years ago after a 39 years hiatus They were NCAA National Champions back in 1969 and known as Speed City, long before my time.

So many former powerhouses have scaled back or outright cut their men's track programs to balance out the title IX and budgetary nightmare that is an average football team. The MAC used to be a regular on the XC podium but now it's dominated by teams like Oregon and Wisconsin (big, storied programs) and NAU (Mid-major FCS school that found their niche).

Leave a comment:

• UFOILERFAN
    replied
    Arizona at Utah cancelled. Covid Utes.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Raiders Jon Gruden fined and the team will lose a draft pick for repeated Covid-19 violations and acting like the usual Raiders (morons).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-19-violations

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Minnesota- The Chisago Lakes school board, with more than 300 people virtually listening in, voted unanimously to discontinue fall sports after the 1,100-student school moved back to distance learning as COVID cases soar. Winter sports are also on hold until January

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Army vs Air Force postponed due to Covid-19.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...19/6180429002/

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    North Texas vs LA Tech game postponed due to you know what.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-tech-bulldogs
    tech issues @#$&$+

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

I played football in junior college. We lost two games in two years. I was a tight end and never caught a pass in a game. We led the nation in rushing my freshman year. I hardly ever caught a pass in a practice scrimmage.

Anyway, one of my big regrets is that I didn't also run track there. My brother did and was track captain there. I was captain in HS.
    Not to worry my friend, I ran track at that level for you. I got one offer from one JUCO and jumped at it. I was going to try to be a walk on at San Jose State after that but Title IX killed the program. I probably wouldn't have made the cut, but I was ready to give it a shot. Oh well, such is life. On a good note, San Jose State brought Men's Track & Field back two years ago after a 39 years hiatus They were NCAA National Champions back in 1969 and known as Speed City, long before my time.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

That's the way it was at my high school too. I lettered in both sports, but I was better in track & field.
    I played football in junior college. We lost two games in two years. I was a tight end and never caught a pass in a game. We led the nation in rushing my freshman year. I hardly ever caught a pass in a practice scrimmage.

Anyway, one of my big regrets is that I didn't also run track there. My brother did and was track captain there. I was captain in HS.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    North Texas vs LA Tech game postponed due to you know what.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-tech-bulldogs

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

Having played and coached both football and track (as well as basketball and baseball) I know that the cost of dressing a track team is crushing. Those expensive tank tops, short shorts and shoes must cost almost as much as.......... hmm, a helmet? No. Shoulder pads? No. Pants? Getting warmer. Well, there must be some excuse.

I remember when the best high school football teams also had great track programs.
    That's the way it was at my high school too. I lettered in both sports, but I was better in track & field.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Ohio State isn't going to the Crossover Classic in the Pentagon in Sioux Falls, citing Covid. Now Dayton is also in that tourney but no word from them yet. The state of Kansas has put South Dakota on a no-go list for 14 days- and Wichita St is scheduled to go there. South Dakota State has replaced Utah who dropped out. Who knows what else will happen.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    I just saw that Dixie State (former GNAC and RMAC) is scheduled to go to Spokane on December 29th in basketball and before that Utah State. Talk about taking on a tough challenge on entering D1 for basketball.

I'm glad to see Gonzaga picking up games with their losing the ESPN tournaments in Orlando, of which they were to be in two and one initially set to be in Orlando. I have to wonder how they will be treated with so few major games before the WCC season by the NCAA committee with only Baylor and Iowa as major conference games compared to usual years. With the Pac-12's decisions it appears they have lost this season's return game from Arizona.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

I just hate that schools are cutting programs instead of asking everyone to tighten their belts. If clemson can't come up with enough cuts to keep track and xc viable, the AD should be fired into the sun. Dabo's annual salary alone is enough to increase the budget by 10% and STILL fully fund the team through 2024.
    The comments about this were very cutting. They talked about all of the frills that they pay for football.

On the plus side, William & Mary has reinstated the sports that they cut.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X