Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crixus
    replied
    Bowl Games Schedule - dates moved due to Covid-19.

https://sports.yahoo.com/espn-releas...153832093.html

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by crixus View Post

In any other season I'd make the trip to SF to see West Virginia play. But I'm not flying anywhere until this pandemic is over. The Mountaineers have a loaded roster.
    If I could get in- and the Pentagon will probably be restricted for their numbers- I'd go to see Memphis. I've seen all the other teams play at some time or another. Rumor is that South Dakota State will replace Utah.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post
    Utah has dropped out of the Crossover Classic at the Pentagon in Sioux Falls.

Wednesday, November 25
    1:00 PM WEST VIRGINIA VS. TEXAS A&M ON SALE SOON
    3:30 PM OHIO STATE VS. MEMPHIS ON SALE SOON
    6:00 PM CREIGHTON VS. UTAH ON SALE SOON
    8:30 PM DAYTON VS. WICHITA STATE ON SALE SOON
    In any other season I'd make the trip to SF to see West Virginia play. But I'm not flying anywhere until this pandemic is over. The Mountaineers have a loaded roster.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Utah has dropped out of the Crossover Classic at the Pentagon in Sioux Falls.

Wednesday, November 25
    1:00 PM WEST VIRGINIA VS. TEXAS A&M ON SALE SOON
    3:30 PM OHIO STATE VS. MEMPHIS ON SALE SOON
    6:00 PM CREIGHTON VS. UTAH ON SALE SOON
    8:30 PM DAYTON VS. WICHITA STATE ON SALE SOON

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    The Boston Marathon which was cancelled earlier this year due to Covid-19 had been postponed for 2021. The Boston Athletic Association said Wednesday that it won't hold the race as scheduled in April because of the pandemic. Organizers say it will be put off "at least until the fall of 2021."

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Mayville State at Dakota State game on Saturday has been postponed. No reason given but take a guess.

https://www.dsuathletics.com/article/5265.php
    Were Trumpanzee and his Superspreaders in the area?
    Last edited by crixus; 10-30-2020, 05:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    That or they ran out of popcorn.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Mayville State at Dakota State game on Saturday has been postponed. No reason given but take a guess.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• njmav1
    replied
    Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

This should further cement Nebraska seeking to return to the Big 12 ASAP and possibly persuade Colorado to return home as well. Neither have done squat in BB or Football in their new conferences nor have they built rivalry games like they had in the Big 12.
    At least it gives us a reason to play our favorite past time-- speculating who replaces Nebraska in the B1G.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Clemson's all everything QB tests positive for Covid-19, won't play this weekend.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ollege-clemson

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by crixus View Post

Being a West Virginia fan I follow the Big 12 closely and I don't think that conference wants Nebraska and Colorado back. The round robin play with ten teams has been a success. The Big 12's biggest concern was getting a conference championship game. The NCAA approved it and they're playing it now. And from what I've read from Commissioner Bowlsby the conference is in good shape and the ten programs involved are happy with the way things are now.
    Also would Colorado consider leaving the Pac-12? Nebraska I can understand especially with what is happening now, but what would cause Colorado to leave?

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Especially since the last non powerhouse school to win the "NC" was BYU in '84 and before that was SYRACUSE in '59. D1 FB is amazingly predicable.
    And both of those teams are quite sizable in their own right. Once the University of Akron wins the championship... then I'll change my mind.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I'm glad to see that they realized their position. IMO, the division structure of the NCAA is intended to help schools fit in where they fit in best. Administrations are so infatuated with the label of "Division I" that they rarely stop and think about what they are gaining vs. what they will lose by moving up, or even by staying.

I think fans and athletes are just as much to blame too. I know folks who simply refuse to follow the NSIC because it's not D1. Talented athletes would rather ride the bench at LSU for 4 years than start for West Florida for 4 years. People have gotten drunk off of a distorted image of what D1 actually is.

There is no shame in being NAIA, DIII, DII, or even FCS if it's what "fits" you best. Many schools find ways to carve out a brand and a niche and run with it.

And just because a school is successful at D2 does not mean they have any hope of being successful or even relatively competitive at D1.
    Especially since the last non powerhouse school to win the "NC" was BYU in '84 and before that was SYRACUSE in '59. D1 FB is amazingly predicable.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

I don't think either league would miss those schools. Does it cost a lot of money to leave a league or can it be an "irreconcilable differences" divorce?
    Being a West Virginia fan I follow the Big 12 closely and I don't think that conference wants Nebraska and Colorado back. The round robin play with ten teams has been a success. The Big 12's biggest concern was getting a conference championship game. The NCAA approved it and they're playing it now. And from what I've read from Commissioner Bowlsby the conference is in good shape and the ten programs involved are happy with the way things are now.
    Last edited by crixus; 10-29-2020, 03:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X