X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I just see kids breaking team rules and missing national championship games, young dumb minds don't always make the best decision. I think it a moot point however as I don't think the season makes it that long. Here's to hoping.
    Maybe so with first time programs but I feel pretty sure that the perennial powers, DUKE, UNC, WISC, NOVA, GONZAGA and so on realize what's on the table and won't jeopardize their chances for a stupid night out. When they're eliminated or win it all then they certainly will party, party, party !!!

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Not at all. But I do know the S&$# someone will catch from their teammates if his irresponsibility sends them home without a chance to compete. If someone were to act that stupid with all that's at stake, some coaches might seriously consider yanking their schollie and/or kicking them off the team. If they've played an entire C19 season with all that entails and can't control themselves for a few, 1-5, more games, they deserve whatever punishment that comes their way.
    I just see kids breaking team rules and missing national championship games, young dumb minds don't always make the best decision. I think it a moot point however as I don't think the season makes it that long. Here's to hoping.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied

You seem a bit out of touch with college kids.
    Not at all. But I do know the S&$# someone will catch from their teammates if his irresponsibility sends them home without a chance to compete. If someone were to act that stupid with all that's at stake, some coaches might seriously consider yanking their schollie and/or kicking them off the team. If they've played an entire C19 season with all that entails and can't control themselves for a few, 1-5, more games, they deserve whatever punishment comes their way.
    Last edited by CALUPA69; 11-17-2020, 06:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Really not that big a deal. First week 64 teams go to 16. Second week 16 teams go to 4. Third week 4 teams go to 1. NCAA has to specify that anyone who tests positive is out of the competition. More than 3 players and the team forfeits their slot. There's enough at stake that most players will recognize the seriousness of the situation.
    You seem a bit out of touch with college kids.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied

O/U on number of college kids that leave the bubble during the tournament?
    Really not that big a deal. First week 64 teams go to 16. Second week 16 teams go to 4. Third week 4 teams go to 1. NCAA has to specify that anyone who tests positive is out of the competition. More than 3 players and the team forfeits their slot. There's enough at stake that most players will recognize the seriousness of the situation.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

I thought about that too. It's probably good for the rest of the country, but also probably going to be some level of hell for the health infrastructure of Indianapolis.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Originally posted by crixus View Post
    NCAA is planning a one city bubble for the Big Dance due to Covid-19 concerns. Makes a lot of sense to me since the NHL did a great job with their bubble and the NBA did pretty good as well.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-indianapolis/

Leave a comment:

• Packfootball
    replied

Under normal circumstances that would be an amazing tournament and an unbelievable financial coup for the host city. Under current circumstances it certainly is the enlightened way to get to a NC with as little risk as possible.
    Yea, putting 64 teams ( players, coaches, staff) in a bubble (lock down) in a big city (Most are going to be on a lock down by March), makes a lot of donkey dung! locked up in a hotel for 30 days, a bus ride to practice and games. On line learning. No interaction with others except on line. Conference rooms for team meetings. The women also get the same treatment?

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    NCAA is planning a one city bubble for the Big Dance due to Covid-19 concerns. Makes a lot of sense to me since the NHL did a great job with their bubble and the NBA did pretty good as well.

Under normal circumstances that would be an amazing tournament and an unbelievable financial coup for the host city. Under current circumstances it certainly is the enlightened way to get to a NC with as little risk as possible.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Syracuse Basketball Coach Jim Boeheim tests positive for Covid-19.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...itive-covid-19

Leave a comment:

• ftballfan
    replied
    First they cancelled the basketball season, now the Ivy League has cancelled all winter sports and have delayed spring play. Unlike state colleges the Ivy League schools have deep pocket$.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...ay-sources-say
    I'm surprised the Ivy didn't just throw the white flag on all sports for this school year

Leave a comment:

• ftballfan
    replied
    The Boston Marathon which was cancelled earlier this year due to Covid-19 had been postponed for 2021. The Boston Athletic Association said Wednesday that it won't hold the race as scheduled in April because of the pandemic. Organizers say it will be put off "at least until the fall of 2021."
    Boston likely won't return until 2022. I think some of the other big marathons will happen in 2021, especially those that are normally in the fall, such as New York

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Alaska Anchorage cancels hockey season- and that could be it permanently for their program.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...-Latest-to.php

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Cleveland Browns close facility after a player tests positive.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ve-coronavirus

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X