X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by crixus View Post

Hey laker, did you see my underdog Spartans knock off mighty Boise State in the MW Championship game? San Jose State will play MAC champ Ball State in the Arizona Bowl on New Year's Eve.
    Oh yes. Enjoyed seeing it happen. Glad that Ball State came out of nowhere to win the MAC too. Iowa State had been the feel good story of the season, but now that belongs to the Spartans.

How about a Cincinnati, Coastal Carolina, and SJSU D1 playoff? Throw a one loss Indiana in there. Put some new blood in there instead of the same old same old bias. It would be more interesting.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Do you really want to include a 1-3 WSU team in that? They shouldn't even be sniffing a Bowl game and this is from a fan of them. It is a bit like when Louisville basketball put self sanctions on themselves during a season where they were playing bad and wouldn't make the tournament anyway.
    I've been a WSU fan since high school. The List comes for all.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

And in semi-related news, the Rose Bowl game of the CFP will be played in Dallas at Jerry World.
    Jerry Jones will always find a way to make money. He's the J.R. Ewing of football.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post
    Updated- Saturday, Dec 19 7:30 AM. Please add to the list if you get anyone new.
    Teams that have opted out of the postseason so far that I have record of:

BC
    Florida State
    Georgia Tech
    Kansas State
    LSU (self imposed restriction) Thanks crixus!
    Louisville
    Penn State (added)
    Pitt
    San Diego State
    SMU (added)
    Stanford
    UCLA
    USC (added)
    Utah
    Virginia
    Virginia Tech
    Washington (added)
    Washington State

The Rose Bowl is getting moved to Texas.

Hey laker, did you see my underdog Spartans knock off mighty Boise State in the MW Championship game? San Jose State will play MAC champ Ball State in the Arizona Bowl on New Year's Eve.

https://www.facebook.com/SanJoseStat...4048019565814/

Last edited by crixus; 12-20-2020, 04:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Updated- Saturday, Dec 19 7:30 AM. Please add to the list if you get anyone new.

BC
    Florida State
    Georgia Tech
    Kansas State
    Louisville
    Penn State (added)
    Pitt
    San Diego State
    SMU (added)
    Stanford
    UCLA
    USC (added)
    Utah
    Virginia
    Virginia Tech
    Washington (added)
    Washington State

Do you really want to include a 1-3 WSU team in that? They shouldn't even be sniffing a Bowl game and this is from a fan of them. It is a bit like when Louisville basketball put self sanctions on themselves during a season where they were playing bad and wouldn't make the tournament anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    San Francisco 49ers to spend the rest of the season in Arizona.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...9-restrictions
    And in semi-related news, the Rose Bowl game of the CFP will be played in Dallas at Jerry World.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Arizona State (added)
    Boise State (added)
    BC
    Florida State
    Georgia Tech
    Kansas State
    Louisville
    Minnesota (added)
    Penn State (added)
    Pitt
    San Diego State
    SMU (added)
    Stanford
    UCLA
    USC (added)
    Utah
    Virginia
    Virginia Tech
    Washington (added)
    Washington State

Gophers aren't going. Good. They didn't deserve it and wouldn't have brought fans along even if they were allowed.

I read that Oregon & Colorado were the only two Pac-12 teams to go bowling, I just haven't read anything official. I hope that people know that regardless of record you are eligible this year. Maybe New Mexico State, who didn't play this fall, should volunteer to go.

Last edited by laker; 12-20-2020, 05:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    San Francisco 49ers to spend the rest of the season in Arizona.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...9-restrictions

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Utah just opts out of bowl games.

BC
    Florida State
    Georgia Tech
    Kansas State
    Louisville
    Pitt
    San Diego State
    Stanford
    UCLA
    Utah
    Virginia
    Virginia Tech
    Washington State

LSU opted out to "penalize" themselves before the NCAA did. Were going to see some teams with losing records playing in bowl games this year, inc. less than average SEC teams.

https://www.secsports.com/clubhouse/football

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Utah just opts out of bowl games.

BC
    Florida State
    Georgia Tech
    Kansas State
    Louisville
    Pitt
    San Diego State
    Stanford
    UCLA
    Utah
    Virginia
    Virginia Tech
    Washington State

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

I tried to update the Azusa Pacific page two days ago, but I think the person in charge of sports doesn't like it when reader's beat him to it. A few years ago I tried to make an update when Northwest Nazarene changed their nickname from Crusaders to Nighthawks and the person in charge at Wikipedia threatened to suspend me from making edits. I showed him three different sources that they did indeed change their nickname. After all that he finally corrected the page. I was just trying to help, but I think it was all about ego with that one guy or gal at Wikipedia.
    Wow, that's kinda sad.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Again a typo on my end, I don't know where I got 22 from. 9 is correct.

To my knowledge, the only misaccurate information in the Wikipedia pages I looked at was listing APU as having a football program, but it will get corrected eventually.
    I tried to update the Azusa Pacific page two days ago, but I think the person in charge of sports doesn't like it when reader's beat him to it. A few years ago I tried to make an update when Northwest Nazarene changed their nickname from Crusaders to Nighthawks and the person in charge at Wikipedia threatened to suspend me from making edits. I showed him three different sources that they did indeed change their nickname. After all that he finally corrected the page. I was just trying to help, but I think it was all about ego with that one guy or gal at Wikipedia.
    Last edited by crixus; 12-18-2020, 09:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

That's OK, I forgot about San Diego too and I live in SoCal. They're usually pretty good but you don't hear about them much. USC and UCLA get most of the press here, with San Diego State to a lesser extent.
    I have to keep reminding myself that they have a program, they just don't seem like the type of school to have football. It's neat nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

That was a typo on my end. They have four:

Sac State
    Cal Poly
    UC Davis
    San Diego
    That's OK, I forgot about San Diego too and I live in SoCal. They're usually pretty good but you don't hear about them much. USC and UCLA get most of the press here, with San Diego State to a lesser extent.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

There are also only 9 Division II schools in Minnesota.
    Again a typo on my end, I don't know where I got 22 from. 9 is correct.

To my knowledge, the only misaccurate information in the Wikipedia pages I looked at was listing APU as having a football program, but it will get corrected eventually.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X