• Show
Clear All

• crixus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Wow!
    A source told ESPN that more than half the players on the Canucks have tested positive for COVID-19.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Following the death of a noted Alabama fan, Indiana health officials are investigating whether anyone who was in Indianapolis for the NCAA tournament last weekend was exposed to the coronavirus by any Alabama resident.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Since the onset of the pandemic last year, the NCAA has not tested players for performance-enhancing drugs at March Madness and other recent college championships.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    A one-site NCAA tournament? Games scheduled on the fly? The end of handshake lines? Some necessities of the season of COVID-19 could be adopted full time.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    The Canucks will not play for at least a week, marking three more postponed games, after three members of the team, including two players, were placed in the NHL's COVID protocols.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Yesterday MLB cancelled the first game of the Mets vs Nationals series because four Nationals players tested positive for Covid-19. Today MLB has cancelled the rest of the series between those two teams.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Parties are illegal in Italy due to their Covid-19 protocol.
    Juventus boss Andrea Pirlo said Weston McKennie, Paulo Dybala and Arthur will not be involved in Saturday's derby against Torino.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    As athletes at all levels resume their sports, what risks do their hearts carry if they've had COVID-19? Initial data shows the risk might be low but still possibly could be deadly.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by crixus View Post

I sure hope they make the game up because this is the first time in recent memory that I think the Jackrabbits will win.
    Yeah, though it's always a great pairing.

I was at the KFC after the game and I overheard some Bison fans saying "We got them this time, but we'll see them again in the playoffs - and that might not go so well."

Oddly enough, I think it was USD who upended the Jacks that year. They really know how to rain on other teams' parades.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Crazy to think that matchup was the last football game I attended over a year and a half ago. It was a blast though.

It was my first D1 game too, oddly enough.
    I sure hope they make the game up because this is the first time in recent memory that I think the Jackrabbits will win.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

Texas has always been reckless, unfortunately.
    What frustrates me - and a lot of people, is this type of behavior is what got us into this mess into the first place. I'm not a huge fan of lockdowns either and I support safely reopening, but that's too much too quickly and that type of stuff will inevitably prolong this thing.

I won't say more than that so we don't derail the thread - but it's a little ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    The FCS game of the year in my opinion - South Dakota State vs North Dakota State scheduled for April 3rd has been postponed. :( Postponed means it might be rescheduled. I sure hope so!
    Crazy to think that matchup was the last football game I attended over a year and a half ago. It was a blast though.

It was my first D1 game too, oddly enough.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    The FCS game of the year in my opinion - South Dakota State vs North Dakota State scheduled for April 3rd has been postponed. :( Postponed means it might be rescheduled. I sure hope so!

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    The Washington Nationals-New York Mets Opening Day game, which was set to kick off in the nation's capital on Thursday night, will reportedly be postponed due to COVID-19 protocols, per ESPN's Buster Olney. Why it matters: More than one year after the first professional sports game was canceled due to COVID-19, it's a reminder that the pandemic is still disrupting everyday life � especially as fourth wave of infections driven by new variants looms over the country.Get market news worthy of your time with Axios Markets. Subscribe for free.The big picture: This year's 162-game schedule was set to begin this afternoon in the Bronx, after the pandemic shortened the MLB season to 60 games last year.The league saw just 17 positive tests out of 72,751 conducted (0.02%) last Friday. But five Nationals are currently in quarantine due to a positive test � a reminder of how fragile any sense of stability will be.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X