Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    Mills College in Oakland just announced that they will stop admitting students. They currently do not have plans to close, however they will no longer operate as a four-year institution beginning in 2023. This will allow the school two years to teach out some of the students.

I'm guessing this is the end for their NCAA DIII athletics program.

Mills is a women's college. This would mean the D3 Capital Athletic Conference that was renamed Coast to Coast Athletic Conference, after merging with the American Collegiate Athletic Association, is losing another member. The C2C membership will be down to seven.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

Mills is a women's college. This would mean the D3 Capital Athletic Conference that was renamed Coast to Coast Athletic Conference, after merging with the American Collegiate Athletic Association, is losing another member. The C2C membership will be down to seven.
      They seemed to be a decent school. Looks like they are going to try and become an institute?

Interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
        An update on a previous discussion in this thread - Morris Brown College appears to have come roaring back.

-Up for accreditation in April (first time since 2003)
        -Hosted a "wall-breaking" ceremony for their eSports program in late February
        -MBC will be included in the NBA All-Star Game celebrations (appears as though they may have donated money to MBC as well).
        -MBC reached a $30 million dollar agreement to allow Hilton to build a luxury hotel on campus as part of a new hospitality management program at MBC.

Most of this all happening within the last few weeks. I'm really pulling for this school.

Given they went 18 years with no accreditation - this is an amazing turnaround and really speaks volumes about the power of grassroots efforts. There is no way this school should still be in operation, yet it is... Kinda cool.
        Morris Brown was recently awarded candidacy status by TRACS - which was probably the biggest hurdle they had to get through.

I believe the accreditation process takes a few years to complete, but there's a good chance they will see the other side. I also read this will now enable them to apply for federal money, which will allow students to receive loans for tuition.

In short, they managed to save the college.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X