Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I can't resist.. but they make a call on what DIDN'T happen? LOL
    My comment was regarding the review, not the call during live action.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

To me there isn't any doubt that they got screwed. The SEC is just trying to cover their butts. If this happened to Bama you would never hear the end of it.

I never have figured out why spiking the ball isn't intentional grounding. Just another rule to help the offense. Don't use all of your timeouts. Or else have a clock keeper like Illinois had back in 1993 when they scored late to beat the Gophers. QB took a shotgun snap, was pressured, threw incomplete across the middle. One second came off of the clock.
      Because the rules allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

My comment was regarding the review, not the call during live action.
        Ok...
        * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
        * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
        * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
        * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
          I didn't see the play, but if the pass was backwards, isn't it a free ball? It's not a forward pass. Or is there some rule that's different for intent to spike? Sounds like Arkansas did get jobbed.
          Yes. What happened was that some officials sounded the whistle before there was a recovery. There isn't a mention of it in the explanation. They totally blew this one as it should have been an IAW and a replay of the down.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post

Arkansas got hosed. Although no Arkansas player immediately recovered the ball, it look certain that an Arkansas player was about to get the ball when the late whistle sounded...
            Yep. IAW. Worst thing you can do as an official.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Yes. What happened was that some officials sounded the whistle before there was a recovery. There isn't a mention of it in the explanation. They totally blew this one as it should have been an IAW and a replay of the down.
              SEC officials and their explanations are the worst.
              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

19 Gators have tested positive throwing the big game with LSU this weekend into doubt.
                Florida Gators coach Dan Mullen wanted to "pack the Swamp" with 90,000 fans when LSU comes to town this Saturday. Now, they're just hoping to play the game.
                Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Nick Saban has tested positive just a few days before the Top 5 matchup with UGA.
                  Alabama coach Nick Saban and athletic director Greg Byrne tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday, the university announced. Saban said he does not have any symptoms at this time.
                  Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Coastal Carolina recorded the first win against an AP ranked team in program history with their defeat of #24 Louisiana last night

Comment

• FCS Sacramento State passes on Big Sky spring football.

https://hornetsports.com/sports/fbal...20201015i09uoy

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
                        FCS Sacramento State passes on Big Sky spring football.

https://hornetsports.com/sports/fbal...20201015i09uoy
                        Campbell has done the same for the Big South and rumor has it that UNA will follow suit.
                        Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• The SEC Commish isn't happy with the way teams are handling COVID protocols.
                          Multiple SEC schools will have revenue from the conference deducted as a result of not following proper COVID-19 protocols, sources told ESPN.
                          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Because the rules allow it.
                              I'll give a better answer. Because spiking the ball is not done with the intention of avoiding a sack, it's done with the intention of stopping the clock.

Comment

• Since UGA lost last night, does that put the whole "defense wins championships" thing to bed (at least in college)? It seems like having an offense that can score at will is way more useful than an equivalent level defense at this point.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X