Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This year's Olympics, will you be watching?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was hoping to watch softball, but I ended up only seeing the final play where the US lost the gold. Too much woke crud this year, plus I find the swimming and the running boring.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qFJuTpqBLM

This is absolutely the greatest race of all time. If you think it isn't... that's your problem.

Comment

Interesting year in watching the Olympics for sure.

The USA men's track and field has been very disappointing for the most part (other than shotput). A lot of hype without delivering!!

Found myself actually pulling for some other countries from time to time, which is strange for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
          Interesting year in watching the Olympics for sure.

The USA men's track and field has been very disappointing for the most part (other than shotput). A lot of hype without delivering!!

Found myself actually pulling for some other countries from time to time, which is strange for me.
          I agree, fortunately our Women's Track & Field team has fared better. Women's diving was fun to watch and I'm looking forward to Saturday's Men's marathon.
          Last edited by crixus; 08-05-2021, 04:53 PM.
          Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

USA will face Japan in the gold medal game for baseball on Saturday. Man I wish they had fans in the stands, could you imagine how hot the crowd would be?

Anyway, I looked at the roster yesterday and it's pretty interesting. Never would have thought Scott Kazmir would be playing for a gold medal 16 years after he was drafted.

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

This is absolutely the greatest race of all time. If you think it isn't... that's your problem.
              Wow. That was interesting.

Comment

Sweden v Canada in the women's soccer final on USA right now.

Comment

That was a good race, but it also hit why I haven't cared much for this year's Olympics. Seemed they knew all about the American, nothing really about the Norwegian. Too much homerism in the coverage.

Comment

Kinda rooting for Canada. They haven't won soccer gold in 117 years. Talk about a drought.

Interestingly, that was also the best performance the United States had at the Olympics, winning both the silver and bronze. Though given how there were only three teams that year, maybe it's not so impressive after all.

Comment

Gable Steveson wins the gold medal - I know nothing about wrestling, but the ending was pretty interesting.

Olympics 2021: How gold medalist Gable Steveson became your favorite wrestler's favorite wrestler (espn.com)

He still has NCAA eligibility, and could hypothetically return to the Gophers if he wanted too - but I think he's headed to the WWE.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                        Sweden v Canada in the women's soccer final on USA right now.
                        Now in OT.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Now in OT.
                          Canada wins in the shootout for the gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

That was a good race, but it also hit why I haven't cared much for this year's Olympics. Seemed they knew all about the American, nothing really about the Norwegian. Too much homerism in the coverage.
                            NBC's olympic coverage is uniquely bad in this respect, they do a much better job presenting the world championships and diamond league (and even then the non-american broadcasters are still way better).

Just remembered and didn't want to post back-to-back: Ashland alum Katie Nageotte won the Pole Vault yesterday! D2 represent!

Comment

NBC's olympic coverage is uniquely bad in this respect, they do a much better job presenting the world championships and diamond league (and even then the non-american broadcasters are still way better).

Just remembered and didn't want to post back-to-back: Ashland alum Katie Nageotte won the Pole Vault yesterday! D2 represent!
                              They cover Olympic hockey well, but that is because they use NHL broadcasters who actually know how good players on the other teams are and the stars on them. It was funny in 2018 when they knew more players on the Russian team than the US.

Comment

I've watched more Olympics this year than most past years, but thanks to Hulu/Peacock only the sports I enjoy. I couldn't give two craps less about track, swimming or gymnastics; but have watched tons of wrestling, water polo, fencing, team handball etc. It's been very enjoyable

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X