Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Sprint Football

I'm just now learning this is a thing.

For those that don't know, sprint football is basically just like traditional football, but they have a 178 pound weight limit. Linemen and all.

Quincy is starting up a program and I stumbled across a recruit's tweet about it yesterday. It's apparently bigger on the east coast.

It sounds interesting. I watched some highlights, and because everyone is roughly the same size, you don't even notice the size difference immediately. I like the idea of having opportunities for kids that want to continue playing, but don't have the size to play traditional football at the college level.
    Cool Story Bro

I learned about it because I interviewed for a spot within Army's media relations department, and one of the responsibilities would have been working with the sprint football team. There's not many schools that play...maybe 10? I know Army and Navy have historically dominated it.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Cool idea! I'm all for more football!

Cool Story Bro

Comment

I first learned about spring football back in 1967 when I bought my first football preview magazine. At that time I think that the weight limit was 160. It was pretty much all eastern teams. Didn't hear about it again until I was looking for info on Vermont football and happened to run across it again.

Sprint football - Wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          I first learned about spring football back in 1967 when I bought my first football preview magazine. At that time I think that the weight limit was 160. It was pretty much all eastern teams. Didn't hear about it again until I was looking for info on Vermont football and happened to run across it again.

I was recruited by a D3 school in Vermont called Norwich University. This was back in 1998 and I lived in Florida. I couldn't have pointed Vermont out on a map if you paid me lol
          Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

I was recruited by a D3 school in Vermont called Norwich University. This was back in 1998 and I lived in Florida. I couldn't have pointed Vermont out on a map if you paid me lol
            Norwich still has D3 football along with Castleton and Middlebury. Vermont has no D1 or D2, or NAIA, football teams. Alaska with no college football would be worse- but also more understandable.

Norwich is famous as a military college. Is that what they were looking at you for? Pretty impressive!

United States senior military college - Wikipedia

Comment

This quote from the page made me laugh:

After that season, Franklin Pierce left to play full-sized football and was replaced by Alderson Broaddus.

Comment

Norwich still has D3 football along with Castleton and Middlebury. Vermont has no D1 or D2, or NAIA, football teams. Alaska with no college football would be worse- but also more understandable.

Norwich is famous as a military college. Is that what they were looking at you for? Pretty impressive!

United States senior military college - Wikipedia
                If I remember correctly they were trying to sell me on having the choice of either being an ROTC student or a civilian student.
                Cool Story Bro

Comment

Collegiate Sprint Football League: https://www.sprintfootball.com/

Midwest Sprint Football League: https://midwestsprintfootball.com/landing/index

The CSFL has been around for a while. The MSFL announced their formation in June and includes Quincy and Bellarmine.

I am quite knowledgeable on Norwich. The histories of my fraternity and the school are intertwined since my fraternity was founded there in 1856.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

This quote from the page made me laugh:

After that season, Franklin Pierce left to play full-sized football and was replaced by Alderson Broaddus.
                    Post is in the process of making the same move. This was a transition year for them and they played a club schedule, but I believe they should be a full-fledged D2 program next year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X