Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeper teams and Dark Horses for the 22 season

I know the season isn't near just yet but with all of the entries in the portal, what schools do you guys think will have a better season or will be a potential dark horse?

Comment

A likely playoff team, in it's first D2 eligible season, in SR1 is FROSTBURG ST. Led the MEC with a 10-1 record but had to watch the POs from home. A major threat to NDC and U CHAS.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
        A likely playoff team, in it's first D2 eligible season, in SR1 is FROSTBURG ST. Led the MEC with a 10-1 record but had to watch the POs from home. A major threat to NDC and U CHAS.
        I think West Chester really was coming on last year at the end. Gave Shepherd and IUP all they could handle. They could be a dark horse in Region 1.

Comment

Comment

I don't think Bowie is going to be all that great this year. They lost a few key players due to graduation and transfer portal. I think a team like Fayetteville will have a chance to beat Bowie state but Bowie State doesn't stand a chance against the likes of a West Florida or even Valdosta State(Which we saw in the playoffs).

Comment

Another potential dark horse in the GAC is Southern Arkansas. They have an experienced new coaching staff with more junior college transfers coming in every month.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Also, it will be interesting what type of learning curve the three Northwest schools will have in the LSC.
                I'd like to think it'll be the same learning curve the LSC originals will have with the NW schools. We've all been playing each other for the past couple of years anyway, just more of it now that we're officially official. The south will have to travel just as much as the north. My biggest off-field interest is if SFU either this year or in future years will start playing across the boarder to take away the international aspect away for the rest of the league. I think they've flirted with playing in Seattle (3 hours south of Vancouver) or Bellingham (1 hour south) (where WWU - God rest it's soul - used to play at the city-owned Civic Stadium). I'm too lazy to look to see, but didn't SFU have a game with Kingsville scheduled for Seattle a few years ago? But of course, they just built the new stands at their stadium, I believe that was more soccer driven than anything.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X